Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Different Eight School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I think a new eight school should be an Earth School (Although Balance has a bunch of earth like scarab, EARTHquake, and sandstorm) But i think it would be cool to be an earth caster... person, ill lets you guys come up with the names, but i think it would be cool.

I realized that the earthquake spell is myth not blaance.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
awesomely1 wrote:
I think a new eight school should be an Earth School (Although Balance has a bunch of earth like scarab, EARTHquake, and sandstorm) But i think it would be cool to be an earth caster... person, ill lets you guys come up with the names, but i think it would be cool.

mmm thats a good idea i think wind wood be good but it wood be cool if they add more.here is a list
1.wind
2.water
i cant think of the others i was going to say but here you go.
i'll try to think of the others.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
awesomely1 wrote:

What would be the strengths and weaknesses of an Earth school? or Wind? or Water?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
elementally speaking an earth school would be strong against wind based spells, so probably resistant to storm magic? but how far can you take an earth based class? quakes are about the only thing that would work. tree's and the life are under Life, and as was said earlier, earthquake is a balance spell. in my opinion i would make a school of "Essence" or something of the like based on mental prowess rather than flat out damage such as a "Brain Freeze" to imobilize an opponent for so many turns?

Survivor
Nov 24, 2008
:DThere should water,wind,and earth and since balance dont have any weakest but spirt it should be one of those school and water should be a school i would be it because when i first join i though ice was meant water spells

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Jeroth wrote:
elementally speaking an earth school would be strong against wind based spells, so probably resistant to storm magic? but how far can you take an earth based class? quakes are about the only thing that would work. tree's and the life are under Life, and as was said earlier, earthquake is a balance spell. in my opinion i would make a school of "Essence" or something of the like based on mental prowess rather than flat out damage such as a "Brain Freeze" to imobilize an opponent for so many turns?

Now we're getting somewhere. A new school would need to be able to attack/defend a different statistic. I can't see how an Earth school would be any different than other schools except the cards would look different.

A school that focused on attacking Pips and Mana could be interesting. Spells that remove Pips or Mana from an opponent. Or that caused them to not gain a Pip the next turn. Or that significantly lessened the chance of your opponent getting a Power Pip.

As an Ice wizard, I have Stun which immobilizes an opponent for 1 round. But immobilizing for multiple rounds would be cool.

I still like an earlier idea I posted regarding a 'Chance' sort of school. Spells could include: Backfire which causes someone's spell to hit himself. Or some kind of randomize spell which would cause someone's spell to hit a random person on either team. It could mess with a player's hand too. Randomly discarding a card or stealing a card from their hand to use in yours.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
Jeroth wrote:

i like your idea but i have 2 things to say"

i think the new shcool should be called arcane powers because that is mental power basically

and second earthquake is a myth spell not a balance spell.

and something that might imprve would be to make the essence or arcane magic be boost on balance and balance boost on arcane.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
there shouldn't be water. wind or earth school because two things your talking about avater by adding three more schools ( the elements in avatar.) and there are already elemetal schoos (storm, fire and ice.) i mean realy who wants more schools and balance is mostly earth .

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
rhetoric wrote:
Jeroth wrote:

Now we're getting somewhere. A new school would need to be able to attack/defend a different statistic. I can't see how an Earth school would be any different than other schools except the cards would look different.

A school that focused on attacking Pips and Mana could be interesting. Spells that remove Pips or Mana from an opponent. Or that caused them to not gain a Pip the next turn. Or that significantly lessened the chance of your opponent getting a Power Pip.

As an Ice wizard, I have Stun which immobilizes an opponent for 1 round. But immobilizing for multiple rounds would be cool.

I still like an earlier idea I posted regarding a 'Chance' sort of school. Spells could include: Backfire which causes someone's spell to hit himself. Or some kind of randomize spell which would cause someone's spell to hit a random person on either team. It could mess with a player's hand too. Randomly discarding a card or stealing a card from their hand to use in yours.

Your ideas combined would make the perfect eighth school.

I think these would be great. Making someone's power pip chances lower or stealing mana would be awesome. The "Brain Freeze" spell sounds like a great idea as well.

And if you maybe combined your "Essence" and "Chance" schools then I think they would be pretty cool.

But then again, everything needs a weakness. So I guess it would be cool if we had some sort of school that's exactly the opposite of balance: they're sort of myth, death, and life combined. You could make them have some of the spells that you listed above. Their weakness would be ice, fire, and storm. And since we need a color, they could be maybe a turquoise color (because that for some reason reminds me of mental powers) or something entirely different. White would also be a good color, but the ice school kind of already has that.

It would be hard to add an eighth school at this point, though. Because I would absolutealy love to be one of these if they do make this kind of school, I'm sure there would be tons of other people wanting to make a new character too. And we would need monsters of that type, and there are already 5 worlds. It would be cool though if the next world discovered was also the discovery of a new school.

Hope that was a new idea. And though I would love to be a water wizard, ice already covers that. And earth and wind don't work out well either, because of storm, life, and balance.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Jeroth wrote:

I dont think there should be a eighth school but I do think there should be a skill trait or trainer for items to use that buff your spell for a given time in the game, or something like that. like maybe learning to make a giant potion that boost hit point for a period of time or other things of that nature.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I would enjoy new schools added to the games, as well as new allies, enemies, and a new world! I also want the level cap to be raised.
Enemies here are the ideas of new schools:
Water
Wind
Earth

I had a little idea in my mind, it isnt that good though.
Poison.
As a poision wizards you can learn many different spells like the Poison one for Death wizards, or the Fire Elf or Heckhound for fire wizards.
Poison Wizards could only use those kinds of spells unless the learn different school spells.
That is just a silly idea, but hey it is worth a shot, i would like to try that out

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
HI all. I like ya'lls ideas about new schools, and I have a couple of my own to suggest.

One would be like an Alchemist. Instead of "Spell" cards they would get "Ingredient" cards. Using different combinations would create different spell effects. If you want a higher level Pip spell, it takes more ingredients.

Second is a Polymorpher. They get Spell cards that the character actually turns into when they attack. So you would choose your attack, if it casts, you would see your character go to the center, change into the creature, then attack, then appear back at the start position as normal.

Just a couple of ideas I thought about.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
Jeroth wrote:

Good idea!!

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
Myutlonghorns wrote:
I would enjoy new schools added to the games, as well as new allies, enemies, and a new world! I also want the level cap to be raised.
Enemies here are the ideas of new schools:
Water
Wind
Earth

I had a little idea in my mind, it isnt that good though.
Poison.
As a poision wizards you can learn many different spells like the Poison one for Death wizards, or the Fire Elf or Heckhound for fire wizards.
Poison Wizards could only use those kinds of spells unless the learn different school spells.
That is just a silly idea, but hey it is worth a shot, i would like to try that out

Whoa there!!
That is a really good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It isn't a silly idea!!
The colour could be sort of a greeny-backish colour??
YAY plz do that!!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
the school i would like is the metel school they will have mostly shieds

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
not an eighth school but mabey a quasi element type of combined schools like if you have storm and fire as elements you can "at a higher lvl get spells from the steam relm or if you have myth and snow mabey summon yeti or ect.. something needs to be added in that reguards lol i have been playing now for three months and got nothing left to do :) already maxed lvl and done dragon spire and i signed up for a full year what do i do for the next 9 months pvp that only goes so far

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
The eighth school should be "time wizards" who can learn time travel spells - well not REALLY time travel but like control time.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
froger495 wrote:

mmm thats a good idea i think wind wood be good but it wood be cool if they add more.here is a list
1.wind
2.water
i cant think of the others i was going to say but here you go.
i'll try to think of the others.

Wind and Water make up one school, Storm Magic. That wouldn't work, sorry.
Storm uses WINDSTORM AND TEPEST, in case you havn't seen "tempest" or "Windstorm", Tempest is a big wave that hits you and takes away damage, windstorm +20 storm to all enimies. All of the schools make up the Earth,

1. Life- to bring people to life (doctors)
2. Myth- people made up myths (churches)
3. Balance- Gravity
4. Storms- (April Storms)
5. Fire- Wild Fires (Summer, July and June)
6. Ice- Snow storms (Winter)
7. Death- (End of Life)

All ELMENTS OF EARTH THINK ABOUT IT!

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
There should not be another school, because then there has to be bosses and little street creatures with that school, maybe giving an advantage to other people and it would pretty much screw up some of the game.

and happy 101 post! WOOHOO!

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
werty453 wrote:
the school i would like is the metel school they will have mostly shieds

8)

Metal School? You may have something there, since Metal is the "Fifth Element" in many oriental cultures. Maybe it could have machine-based monsters and use spells which only affect those attack-spells....

8)

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
I have some class ideas.

Trick -- Trick wizards, called Illusionists, will have the best Manipulation spells. Here are some Trick spell ideas of mine.

Mind Control
School: Trick
Pips: 3
Type: Manipulation
Accuracy: 85%
Target helps you for 1 round. Illusionists will learn this spell after a Level 18 quest, rather than Level 28 for Necromancers' Beguile spell.

Throttle
Pips: 2
Accuracy: 100%
Cast another spell at random. Sometimes, Throttle will result in spells you don't even have!

Dizzy
Pips: 0
Accuracy: 70%
Stun target for 1 round.

Mirror -- Mirror wizards, called Spectramancers, have good defense, but their greatest strenghth is their ability to bounce back attacks. Here are some Mirror spell ideas of mine. (Please forgive me for copying Glass)

Bounceback
School: Mirror
Type: Ward
Bounce back 1 Damage spell. This can be useful if your opponent plans to use a strong attack!

Clear Armor
Pips: 5
Bounce back 3 damage spells.

Shieldstorm
Pips: 1
-50% to next Damage or Steal spell for all friends

I haven't thought of a school to complete the triangle with Trick and Mirror.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
wacko99 wrote:
I have some class ideas.

Trick -- Trick wizards, called Illusionists, will have the best Manipulation spells. Here are some Trick spell ideas of mine.

8)
How about a bit of turnaround on this : School of Illusions, the students called "Tricksters"?
8)

wacko99 wrote:

Mirror -- Mirror wizards, called Spectramancers, have good defense, but their greatest strenghth is their ability to bounce back attacks. Here are some Mirror spell ideas of mine. (Please forgive me for copying Glass)

I forgive you ... heh...

8)
Mirror School sounds interesting, but I have to say that it sounds also like an attempt to isolate the Shield and De-Buff effects of Balance and other School under one name. The "back at you" idea is a nice one, I must admit, and would make for an interesting spell in its own right...
8)

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 40, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
;)

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
I like all these ideas. Poison school would be great... if Fire school didn't have the damage-over-time spells. Metal school sounds like it might have some lead-ins to item creation. Time school sounds like it would let you attack twice a round or run faster. But I don't think the game is ready for spells out of combat, we just recently got the Mark Location at a mana cost. Maybe in the future.

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
wacko99 wrote:
I have some class ideas.

Mind Control
Pips: 3
Accuracy: 85%
Target helps you for 1 round. Illusionists will learn this spell after a Level 18 quest, rather than Level 28 for Necromancers' Beguile spell.

Throttle
Cast another spell at random. Sometimes, Throttle will result in spells you don't even have!

Dizzy
Pips: 0
Accuracy: 70%
Stun target for 1 round.

Bounceback
Bounce back 1 Damage spell. This can be useful if your opponent plans to use a strong attack!

Clear Armor
Pips: 5
Bounce back 3 damage spells.

Shieldstorm
Pips: 1
-50% to next Damage or Steal spell for all friends

I haven't thought of a school to complete the triangle with Trick and Mirror.

Death gets Beguile after completing Krokotopia. At lvl 28, Death summons minions.