Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop Complaining about Ice

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I'm sick and tired of listening to people on the message board that think ice is OP. We arent at all. Complainers only care about their own comfort in the arena, i'm sorry that I don't just use ice wyvern to make sure you guys win but the truth is ice is an easy school to beat. Granted the only arguement that you can say about ice is that we have good health and good resist. But now a days that defense doesnt hold water at all, if you look at the arenas now a days people can match ice's resist, and with all the extra healing that is going on and extra boosts its not that hard at all. All this talk about snow angel being OP doesnt hold any water either. Because for snow angel to be even worth casting you need all blades up, gargantuan, balefrost, and amplify, so lets go over what schools can do to stop this

1. Storm- just leviathan, get rid of the blades and it shouldn't do much at all, you can just use your -70% ice and fire shield, that easy
2. Fire- if you know how to use efreet idk why i'm even explaining this a -90% damage weakness from your spell, that makes snow angel useless basically a link after that
3. Balance- if you can play out weaknesses and even black mantles you will win that simple, not only that you guys are getting an elemental dispel and you guys have elemental shield
4. Myth- you guys have an amazing spell called earthquake just get rid of the blades even with gargantuan, if you have a good resist for pvp you will be fine and can use myths better attacks to ultimately beat the ice
5. Life - guiding light, reguvination, healing boost, enough said
6. Death- i have to say for death it can actually be a challenge, you can plague and beguile, but your over time is superior to ice's and with deaths relatively high health you should be able to win.

These are just some strategies or the ones i find people can understand best. Not that hard to beat ice at all, plus there isnt one school i named that doesnt have an attack that can out do Ice's strongest spell( Snow angel) plus with most schools you guys get insane critical that is just so unfair its appauling and ice doesnt have good block at all level 58 gear only gives you a 7% critcal block. So really all other schools should be happy you didnt pick ice because we dont get all that cool stuff you guys can do. I love playing my ice because i like challenges and having to use strategy but i love my balance to just blade up and blast away with judge, or my myth earth away everything standing in my way and just orthrus crit and their done. But all this has made me realize how much ice is under powered and really isn't cared about at all and 90% of when wizard comes out with a spell it will be bad for ice. So if any KI employee reads this can you guys fix it because i just pay way to much money for my lil brother and I to play this game just to see my school is treated unfairly...... Well thats about it

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
i just love reading about this stuff and the only reason i pvp is because i get bored

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Leviathan wasn't a good card for storm as triton kills just as well in game play and when making 1v1 attacks storm typically intends to kill with it and the blades it removes often are unuseable triple blades, and leviathan is pip expensive especially for low pip chance storms. You tell storm to get rid of blades but fail to realize that with storm's incredibly low health even without bladed attacks storm is going down easy enough, if storm had high health then ridding blades would be benificial but at already low health it doesn't really benifit storm any in PvP play.

------------------

The only problem I have with ice is that its over time damage isn't reduced by initial shields. I was in PvP with my life with four different fire shields upon me, I was at full health and took 2 points initial damage, the secondary fire damage however hit me for over 1600 damage on the first turn and killed me on the second which means that since I went last I and my entire team were already dead from it before I could cast a single thing in response. You have four fire shields on you and they can't even keep you alive from a single attack.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
People will always complain, when it means they have to change their strategies!

Ice gets Snow Angel? You mean I have to shield now?
Ice gets universal resists, with health, and critical block, hey wait, my arena gear can't do that, that is so unfair!

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

So, now, every school will get universal resistance! There is a 0 pip spell to nullify any damage over time spell!

So, what's left to keep Ice so OverPowered? Their high health? When storm damage is boosted over 70% to our 30%?

Heck, even my spritely pet wont heal me anymore! Complainers seem to always get their way!

If you can't win, join them? Should we complain about all the other schools and get everything thrown out the window?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
seasnake wrote:
Leviathan wasn't a good card for storm as triton kills just as well in game play and when making 1v1 attacks storm typically intends to kill with it and the blades it removes often are unuseable triple blades, and leviathan is pip expensive especially for low pip chance storms. You tell storm to get rid of blades but fail to realize that with storm's incredibly low health even without bladed attacks storm is going down easy enough, if storm had high health then ridding blades would be benificial but at already low health it doesn't really benifit storm any in PvP play.

------------------

The only problem I have with ice is that its over time damage isn't reduced by initial shields. I was in PvP with my life with four different fire shields upon me, I was at full health and took 2 points initial damage, the secondary fire damage however hit me for over 1600 damage on the first turn and killed me on the second which means that since I went last I and my entire team were already dead from it before I could cast a single thing in response. You have four fire shields on you and they can't even keep you alive from a single attack.

I can see that a bit but i have never seen a storm with a low pip chance lol. Plus really when you think about it i have never seen a storm that doesnt critical in a fight. And of course they dont make shields work on Over times thats what weakness is for, plus thats what weakness is for, and as dart stated you just have to change strategies, Storm has been the school that never needed strategy at all its just blunt lets attack and hope it kills. Well now that the game is actually moving to make the game fair you guys are gonna actually need some kind of organization in your fighting styles for pvp. I swear some of these people that complain wouldnt last a day being ice and that goes double for DS and even beta ice was impossible to play. But now wizard is trying to make things fair and i'm sorry if thats an inconvience but its just the truth.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
People will always complain, when it means they have to change their strategies!

Ice gets Snow Angel? You mean I have to shield now?
Ice gets universal resists, with health, and critical block, hey wait, my arena gear can't do that, that is so unfair!

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

So, now, every school will get universal resistance! There is a 0 pip spell to nullify any damage over time spell!

So, what's left to keep Ice so OverPowered? Their high health? When storm damage is boosted over 70% to our 30%?

Heck, even my spritely pet wont heal me anymore! Complainers seem to always get their way!

If you can't win, join them? Should we complain about all the other schools and get everything thrown out the window?

I know right, Wizard has always picked ice as the one to be put down look our new spells, -30% tower to everyone, and a buff to absorb shield no one uses those cause wizard made a ton of ways originally to get around them because everyone complained. Storm complained about bolt, so now they getting a new type of bolt and a super blade that if using all power pips can equal 140% damage increase, like the one time wizard decides to play a little fair and decrease one of the "spoiled" schools they go right back. The problem is their are to many Neo Ice warlords, people that lost an arena match to an ice during celestia, and decided ill make an ice, they lose countlessly but still claim ice is amazing.. Watch next patch they just take out ice as a school all in all lol, at this rate thats whats happening

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

------------------

I can see that a bit but i have never seen a storm with a low pip chance lol. Plus really when you think about it i have never seen a storm that doesnt critical in a fight. And of course they dont make shields work on Over times thats what weakness is for, plus thats what weakness is for, and as dart stated you just have to change strategies, Storm has been the school that never needed strategy at all its just blunt lets attack and hope it kills. Well now that the game is actually moving to make the game fair you guys are gonna actually need some kind of organization in your fighting styles for pvp. I swear some of these people that complain wouldnt last a day being ice and that goes double for DS and even beta ice was impossible to play. But now wizard is trying to make things fair and i'm sorry if thats an inconvience but its just the truth.

It is obvious you have never played storm. Storm struggles with equipment, lacks resistances, has low health, and has the worst pip chance percent in the game. To get pip chance you often have to sacrifice health, damage, or the like, all of which storm is already short on or needs cause it is short on everything else. Storm also goes up against all types of storm shields and storm resistances upon equipment, at one time storm was also heavily dispelled which is why storm started spamming tempest and gave up on shielding and the like that failed to keep storm alive in 4v4 type play as with their low health they were simply going to be killed whether they shielded or not. You state that storm merely attacks and does not play strategy, well they do that because it turned out to be a darn good strategy. If you constantly spam tempest you don't have to worry about storm shields and dispels and beguile. Yes, beguile is a very large problem for storm in PvP if they go last cause their storm lords are constantly targeted by that card. I was always a die hard storm player, which is sad cause I'll play both my life and balance before it in PvP due to all the storm resists, shields, low storm health, and dispel and beguile use upon storm.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
seasnake wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

------------------

It is obvious you have never played storm. Storm struggles with equipment, lacks resistances, has low health, and has the worst pip chance percent in the game. To get pip chance you often have to sacrifice health, damage, or the like, all of which storm is already short on or needs cause it is short on everything else. Storm also goes up against all types of storm shields and storm resistances upon equipment, at one time storm was also heavily dispelled which is why storm started spamming tempest and gave up on shielding and the like that failed to keep storm alive in 4v4 type play as with their low health they were simply going to be killed whether they shielded or not. You state that storm merely attacks and does not play strategy, well they do that because it turned out to be a darn good strategy. If you constantly spam tempest you don't have to worry about storm shields and dispels and beguile. Yes, beguile is a very large problem for storm in PvP if they go last cause their storm lords are constantly targeted by that card. I was always a die hard storm player, which is sad cause I'll play both my life and balance before it in PvP due to all the storm resists, shields, low storm health, and dispel and beguile use upon storm.

You would be surprised while i never fully made my own storm my little brother had a storm for a while, i leveled it and pvped on it, it was a dream literally no problems at all. I dont see where your coming from at all, I'm die hard ice because it was my first character, but i would have loved it was storm you guys have best attacks, best critical chance, and the thing is wizard makes it so your gear can out do the weakness of your school. Storm no longer really fizzles anymore, plus the critical rating storms have is amazing, and i dont see pips as a problem for storm because anyone of your pips can count for two of a different school. If you ask me storm is just a loved school no real problems to it which most other schools would argue is completely unfair, but its allowed so we just have to go with it. And i must disagree majority of storm do not use strategy but i dont blame them when you can hit a 1k minimum and you have a 1/3 chance to critical and the school doesnt have any fawl you can just hit and most of the time you will win

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
After reading Thorvon's argument on how Ice is being misunderstood, all of the other players should have a better understanding on how Wizard101 is all skill and strategy, there is not one school out there that is better than the next, its all in how you play your cards, just because Ice has better health and resistance does not mean that it is a stronger school, as Thorvon said in the protest all of the other schools have a high chance of beating the Ice school.
If another player pays close attention to the actual damage on an Ice spell before the player amplifies it the player would notice that it does the least amount of damage out of all the spells that any of the other schools have at any level. For instance, without any spells to make Snow Angel stronger the spell only does 100 damage and 660 damage over three rounds, if you look at a different schools level 58 school spell you will notice that all of the other school spells do much more that just 760 damage total.
The moral of the story is that people who complain about Ice just dont want to actually put up a fight, or want to show they have true strategy, if anyone tries out the Ice school you will see that it is all about skill and strategy, so next time someone wishes to complain about Ice's abilities, keep in mind that all of your spells are more than likely twice as good as theirs.
Thank You All For Your Time,
Sincerely,
Katie Dragonheart <3

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Exactly what I have been saying all along, there is no mathmatical evidence anywhere that can prove that Ice is indeed overpowered! I have challenged anyone to bring me some shred of proof!

What did they bring? Oh a wizard who has a 30-0 Warlord Record! Can this be done, of course it can! What is the easiest way for this to be done? Oh, I suggest a 2v2 with a friend that is level 5 and the Ice Legendary... Now, how hard would this be?

How hard is it to show people what you want them to see? Anyone can actually show how every single school out there is overpowered, if they only show their point of view!

So, the hard fact is, the schools are as balanced as they can be, without being exactly equal.

Now, here is the kicker! Come the updates, things will really change and we will see who everyone is saying is overpowered then, because it will no longer be Ice, that's for sure!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009