Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gain 3 power pips on first round of a duel

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Ok, here's my idea. Why dont wizards gain 3 power pips on the first duel round they enter for the level 65 wands? Level 75 will be 4, 85 5, 95 6, 105 7, and 115 8. Plus people with 40% percent chances of PP (power pips) might not be able to cast a spell because they wont have 8 pips. I say this because I had to wait seven rounds before I could cast fire dragon In briskbreeze. It would be nice for pvp to triton on first round or helephant on first round.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
The game would be way too easy if we started with three power pips, never mind four, or five, or six. Where would that even come from? First, we had staffs in Marleybone and swords is in MooShu that gave us a pip, then there were swords in Dragonspyre and Celestia that gave us a power pip. If anything the next wands should offer a power pip and a regular pip (which I wouldn't really approve of since I already have 100% power pip chance and hardly see a regular pip). Final thought, I don't think this is a good idea.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
I agree with the posts above. Also, in PvP, you could just cast a rank 6 spell on the first round, have it critical, and kill someone instantly. If there were to be more than one power pip, it should be a power pip and a regular pip. But I doubt even that would happen.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
this is probobly going to happen when our wizards are level 80 or 90

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Tom5194 wrote:
I agree with the posts above. Also, in PvP, you could just cast a rank 6 spell on the first round, have it critical, and kill someone instantly. If there were to be more than one power pip, it should be a power pip and a regular pip. But I doubt even that would happen.

Ok, Criticals will be 100% disabled if you equip one of these wands to prevent killing wizards on first rounds of duels. Remember, most people always block criticals which is a safety rule.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
pvp needs more hit points , i know it may sound silly ,but i like o have a match that lasts for a while where each person can have a few large hits before killing other, i say this because i am constantly killing people with 3-4k health in my first damage spell after traps and blades, and its over, or vice versa they kill me , to make it more interesting it would be better if you can have a battle last longer instead of building up to a one shot kill. people will dissagree, but this is what i prefer it gives the one who got hit first very hard to make a come back rather than be killed outright.

Historian
May 01, 2010
*sigh*
it is a really good idea, and already tried out, and didnt go to the live realm because of pvp whiners (dont argue you know thats how it went away, mostly) way back in the day

but really, why not just make it no pvp like henchmen?