Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stormriven and Unfortunate Games

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2010
I had been fighting Stormriven Bosses for quite a while when an unfortunate wizard showed up. I cant remember his name but what he did was not forgettable. I had decent team mates that had come and gone every few battles and one battle the wizard that showed up kept using the trigger spells (spells that cause certain booses to cheat) against stormfin-at first we thought it was an accident but he cleared that up for us- and he kept on shielding himself and repeating the same cycle until all the team but one plus himself was still there (he had enough logic to reason if he took all his teamates down he would loose.) When he was asked why he did that he said it was a game and it was "fun." To make matters worse he stayed there for what had to be over an hour and the realm kept getting busier and it ended up being one unfortunate happening after another. He had a team mate that joined him after the first battle (he couldnt get into the first one)he was a life student and that life wizard kept healing him so he could play his "game" despite that fact that he treated him quite poorly.
Then a couple of wizards thought it was funny and started behaving poorly-and they acted even worse when they got into the battle and got taken out by him(they didnt think it was very humerous then.)Quite a few people didnt know what was happening and came over to battle without knowing the situation. Every time a new wave of people who got into the battle and didnt know what was going on and would eventually figure it out, then it was pretty sad to see them just get taken out like that. A lot of people got falsely reported for asking kindly for him and others to stop. In the end there were a fair number of wizards there-most with not so happy attitudes. A lot of them said some pretty mean things. Some of the comments were obviously hurtful and used a lot of swearing around the filters while others you could only know were mean if you knew the situation. So i was wandering something. If someones actions are inapropriate but they say nothing that could be deemed inapropriate without knowing the situation (like the wizard taking everyone out) can you report them and it be a real report or would it be counted against you becuase just looking at there text log they said nothing wrong-extremley rude- but none the less not enough for a report. I was also wandering if you could report someone who while they arent performing the action they are being quite hurtful about it and playing along, saying stop whining, and other thing that while they are bad/hurtful/rude they still not considered swearing. :? :-( :-(

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
LightningDiamond wrote:

A lot of people got falsely reported for asking kindly for him and others to stop. In the end there were a fair number of wizards there-most with not so happy attitudes. A lot of them said some pretty mean things. Some of the comments were obviously hurtful and used a lot of swearing around the filters while others you could only know were mean if you knew the situation. So i was wandering something. If someones actions are inapropriate but they say nothing that could be deemed inapropriate without knowing the situation (like the wizard taking everyone out) can you report them and it be a real report or would it be counted against you becuase just looking at there text log they said nothing wrong-extremley rude- but none the less not enough for a report. I was also wandering if you could report someone who while they arent performing the action they are being quite hurtful about it and playing along, saying stop whining, and other thing that while they are bad/hurtful/rude they still not considered swearing. :? :-( :-(

I don't think this kind of action is reportable. The best thing to do in this case is to switch realms. I do that all the time, and in fact just did it yesterday when someone was whining about how 'weak' we were in fighting (I am on my third wizard, having reached Legendary status with my ice wizard) in Triton Avenue.
This person had life value of almost 2,000, and really had no business there. So I asked why they were there. "leveling up" was the reply.
I switched realms and completed Triton without any further problems.
Some people are just mean/rude. Without threats, foul language and such, there's not much you can do except leave that realm. Especially if they have been asked to stop their behavior and refuse.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
It is unfortunate that there are those players who feel the need to make the game miserable for everyone else.
It is some small consolation that those players usually end up with an empty friend list.

There is a way to deal with these players without saying a word. This is what those 'Reduce threat on target' cards are for. These get the mob focus off of you and onto him.

They also come in very handy with afk players, chronic passers and those who jump in expecting you to do all the work.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
This happened to be a few days ago and I just jumped worlds after throwing him on my ignore list. There are a lot of great apples here, but a couple just have rot.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 59 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Such people should be permanently banned, in my opinion. Unfortunately, it would be hard to prove what they did.