Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you think the new master amulets will make

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
some schools obsolete?

The best thing about myth school to me is their earthquake spell, which now can be had and cast just sa cheap by any class.

Although upper level spells can't be obtained out of school, their treasure cards can easily be obtained from the bazaar. Single character attack cards like leviathan are nice but most storm players will still tell you that triton is two pips less and works just about as nice.

Will some schools be made almost absolete or even played better by other schools? Balance school has access to balance blades and triple blades of which for a price it can craft its own giving the school blade potential that storm school may not itself have. I just wonder if the new amulets were well thought out or not in terms of different schools and in terms of obtainable treasure cards.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I doubt many PvP players are going to invest 9 training points, then shell out 9950 Crowns and have to wear the Myth Amulet, all to cast Earthquake for roughly half-points.

The only reduction in school choosing might be from somebody starting a wizard with the specific idea of PvP. It's not likely that somebody starting out is even going to know about these amulets, and veterans of the game starting new wizards (for purposes besides PvP) are probably going to want to try each school anyway.

Historian
May 01, 2010
seasnake wrote:
some schools obsolete?

The best thing about myth school to me is their earthquake spell, which now can be had and cast just sa cheap by any class.

Although upper level spells can't be obtained out of school, their treasure cards can easily be obtained from the bazaar. Single character attack cards like leviathan are nice but most storm players will still tell you that triton is two pips less and works just about as nice.

Will some schools be made almost absolete or even played better by other schools? Balance school has access to balance blades and triple blades of which for a price it can craft its own giving the school blade potential that storm school may not itself have. I just wonder if the new amulets were well thought out or not in terms of different schools and in terms of obtainable treasure cards.

the only school i see going absolete is life, i mean, why go through the pain of low attacks when you can start a new school with higher attacks, and heal jsut the same (i know that about 70% of the heals and heal buff are school only, but there are TC versions) so that may be affected a little bit.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
I seem to get the earthquake treasure cards really easily and I don't think people would train myth for the earthquake ability.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
seasnake wrote:
some schools obsolete?

the only school i see going absolete is life, i mean, why go through the pain of low attacks when you can start a new school with higher attacks, and heal jsut the same (i know that about 70% of the heals and heal buff are school only, but there are TC versions) so that may be affected a little bit.

I have a legendary life and in 4v4 PvP I'd rather people heal and keep themselves alive if they could so that I can afford to attack rather than use my pips and turns upon keeping alive the team cause my life normally tends to be my teams powerhouse attacker. For that reason, I don't see life being misplaced by the life amulets even if everyone heals.