Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Black Widow in Marleybone as a Life Wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
You need to fix this encounter, its completely unbalanced. Before I could get the pips to cast one non life spell the enemies had 6 death shields and 4 absorbs up. Also, for every regular pip I get both enemies get a power pip.

And to make matters worse, it seems every time Ive tried this encounter it stacks 90% of my heal spells on top of my deck and those fizzle half the time.

If this is how the game is going to be from level 30 and up, I may as well cancel now.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I experienced this a lot with my Theurgist, especially in Dragonspyre. In MooShu, however, I didn't have as much of a hard time, but that's beside the point. I'm sorry to say this is how it is for a Theurgist. Life villains don't play; that's why it's imeprative for Theurgists to have an effective secondary school.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I was just playing that instance yesterday trying to get the black widow pet and I think its fairly typical. If you manage to get a prism on the boss BEFORE he puts up his death shield you bypass the shield and do a boosted damage amount. After that you can "wand spell" any other death shields and try and prism again.

No matter what wizard you play, you will always hit a rough spot thats hard to get passed. Those times are great for making sure you have the best gear and redoing your deck/strategy to become better with your wizard. I know the last dungeon in Marleybone had all storm bosses and it was incredibly hard, even when I had a friend help me.

Just keep trying and eventually you will get it.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I reccemend a reshuffle card for any life wizard. I only keep satyr and pixie in my deck along with guiding light. If your secondary school is death, I suggest that you put vampires or ghouls in because no matter how many absorbs the enemies has they are not affected by them. If not, you can buy them from the treasure shop in wizard city or kroktopia.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Kilanth wrote:
You need to fix this encounter, its completely unbalanced. Before I could get the pips to cast one non life spell the enemies had 6 death shields and 4 absorbs up. Also, for every regular pip I get both enemies get a power pip.

And to make matters worse, it seems every time Ive tried this encounter it stacks 90% of my heal spells on top of my deck and those fizzle half the time.

If this is how the game is going to be from level 30 and up, I may as well cancel now.
the black widow used UNICORN

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Kilanth wrote:

When I was an adept, I faced the same trials and triabulations mentioned.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It does seem best, when you encounter your own school, to carry a wand of your opposite school. This way you can use the wand to pop shields and the wand will ignore your own element traps and blades.
I didn't like the idea at first, but the different wand is also great for getting rid of weakness and leaving my blades and school trap alone.