Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but one of the pet snacks is called a "Dagwood Sandwich", and the cartoon character from the comic strip "Blondie", named Dagwood, is obsessed with huge sandwiches like the pet snack.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 04, 2011
Lolz yeah I noticed those references on the quests, I have seen a few.

Survivor
May 04, 2011
By the Beach Boys they have an album called Pet Sounds, and to go to the pet pavilion you do that quest lol

Survivor
May 04, 2011
norr4687 on Aug 27, 2011 wrote:
Ok heres one thats really obvious not sure why no one noticed. There is a quest you get when you first can start traning pets. Called "Pet sounds." This is an album recorded by the Beach Boys. Its an awesome album by the way :D Maybe some of the older players know about it. I really hope i'm not the only one. lol
Lolz yeah I saw that one too

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Zelda references

1. Eye of truth ( Mentioned in grizzleheim )
2. The triangle in the middle of the circle when your in a duel looks like a triforce

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
Well The Professor in Marleybone is The Doctor from the british tv show Doctor Who on BBC. (British Broadcasting Company) AND he is stationed next to a red telephone box, well in the tv show he travels in time through a BLUE telephone box called the Tardis.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
Hello! Krokonomicon: Necronomicon

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Yes, the Necronomicon being the Book of the Dead popularized in H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos and the Sam Raimi Evil Dead movies. In The Floating Land there's a big head we're supposed to show respect to, that is also sold in the Bizarre...er, the Bazaar. It's called a Moai Statue. On the Island of Rapa Nui, aka Easter Island, the great stone heads are called Moai.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Z'ur Grush = Zerg Rush (Gaming term when you are surrounded by a overwhelming number of enemies)

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Kaito the Wolf on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
There's a quest in Colossus Blvd, and its name is "Stop, Thief!" This is sometimes said by the guards in the game Skyrim if you steal something. I've seen more Skyrim references but I've forgotten them. Also, the entire "Call of Cablooey" side questline is a nod to Cthullhu Mythos. Oh r'lyeh?
There's also a game call "Stop Thief!" It's an old game, though.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Wysteria has a quest called Tree and Leaf. Tree and Leaf is a book by J.R.R. Tolkien, containing the essay 'On Fairy Stories' and a short story called 'Leaf by Niggle'. It is also very charmingly illustrated.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
The Marleybone Wand Shopkeeper is named Gary Anthony Webb. Gary Anthony Webb is the given name of British Pop star/has-been Gary Numan, who rose to fame in the 1980's with his hit single 'Cars'. He sank into obscurity shortly thereafter.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
valdushawkflame on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
Wysteria has a quest called Tree and Leaf. Tree and Leaf is a book by J.R.R. Tolkien, containing the essay 'On Fairy Stories' and a short story called 'Leaf by Niggle'. It is also very charmingly illustrated.
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Tolkien or not, but the Earth teacher Chester Droors always looked like one of the dwarves from Lord of the Rings to me. Maybe that goes along with what you were saying.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Yeah could be. Chester Droors is also kind of a turn of phrase, as in Chest of Drawers, which is an old-fashioned name for the furniture item we call a dresser. In Marleybone the shoe shopkeeper is named Simon Ritchie. John Simon Ritchie is the given name of the late legendary British punk rocker Sid Vicious.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
My favorite is the "password" in Zafaria that is the beginning to the song "The Lion Sleeps at Night."

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
The Professer in Marlybone is the 4th Doctor from Doctor Who!

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
One person is krokopatra, she is based on cleopatra. But that seems pretty obvious, but it's true. I think everything in wizard101 is based on another person from myths, past time, etc. you have a really good point

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
In Wysteria there is an art professor named Dolly Salvador. Play on words of the name of famous Spanish surrealist painter Salvador Dali.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2012
My favorite easter egg in Wizard 101 is one that i'm sure few will understand unless they have seen the show that it is in reference to. If you go to Marleybone and head toward the entrance to Scotland Yard, there is a red phone booth which obviously should be the correct color of blue and standing outside it and to the left is a dog who is dressed eerily similar to the way Tom Baker used to dress when he played the role of the Doctor on Doctor who and the character's name is the Professor.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Meowiarty as a reference to Moriarty from Sherlock Homes.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2009
Fairies Wear Boots is a quest in Unicorn Way, as well as a song by Black Sabath.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
OK I admit this might be a bit of a stretch. I was listening to one of my CDs by 'Yes', a band that was very popular back in the 70s and 80s. The song was 'And You and I', and one of the lyrics was 'as a foundation left to create a Spiraling...'. OK the Spiraling got me thinking. Pulled out my old Yes vinyl records (Yes, vinyl Yes records, I'm old but smart enough to save them). Their album covers were very famous for artwork by an artist named Roger Dean, very cool stuff at the time. And one of the concepts was a planet blowing up, and small chunks of that planet floating off into space and somehow forming other planets and growing new life forms. Am I insane, reaching or whatever, or is this kind of similar to our Wizard101 Spiral? Is there a Yes fan among the KingsIsle game designers? Feel free to ridicule me, I'm probably way off base. Just got me thinking...

Survivor
May 18, 2011
In Khrysalis, when you go into the honeymill, there's some Smoke Elementals who chant "Burn baby burn! Honeymill Inferno! Burn baby burn! Burn it all down!" This is a reference to the 70's song "Disco Inferno" by the Trammps.

Kymma Anvilheart: of the Falling Sky

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
Here is one from balance's power nova quest:

Jared Banks: Oh my! That's the most impressive crystal I've seen since that young clerk from Kent brought in a green one some time ago. ...

"clerk" +"Kent" + "green" crystal

Awesome reference

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
I am sure this has been mentioned, but the reference is from 1972....Blue Oyster Cult the Zeke quest in Mooshu......how old are the Wizard101 artists