Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2013
Is it just me, or have any of you noticed that the aquila bosse in mt olympus (the only place i've been to so far) are pictured of their sacred animal/bird or bird that most represent them?

Survivor
Sep 25, 2013
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
DS= Rome :D
Avalon=Midevial Ruins (ireland, maybe. or Germany)

Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
For Pyromancers to get the level 75 minion we have to beat a lone enemy and a boss in a solo tower in the Deep Warrens. The enemy on the first floor is named Haul Away Joe and the boss on the next floor is Old Maui. Upon entering the floor they both sing a little song to the tune of sea shanties that they are named after. Search up "Haul Away Joe" and "Old Maui" to get a feel of the songs themselves.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
In Khrysalis, the name of the boss, Kravenly the Hunter, is taken from a Marvel comics character, Kraven the Hunter. He acts a lot like Kraven too. But in appearance, Kravenly looks a lot more like another famous hunter character, Allan Quartermain.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Another one from Khrysalis: after the burrower attack on the bee wall, Alwyn Woodward says:

"Once more unto the breach dear friends!"

--a direct quote from the famous speech given by King Henry in the Shakespeare play, Henry V.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Another Easter Egg is the Celestian boss Mithraya. It is based on a divinity called Mithra. In Rome, Mithra was a sun god, but, in Persia, he was a god of the morning sun. Their is also a day in the Zoroastrian calendar in which he supposedly protects.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
Now we all know that Avalon, my favorite world, is based off of King Arthur And The Knights of The Round Table, and king Artorius (spelled wrong maybe) king Arthur. Then the whole name of the world is the supposed death place of king Arthur. Then Celestia celestial mean astronomical get it because you learn your astral spells in there.

Sincerely Robert Nightwhisper lvl 85 wizard

Survivor
Oct 21, 2011
In unicorn way Dorthy from Wizard of Oz.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
Calamity ShadowWeaver wrote:
Avalon=Midevial Ruins (ireland, maybe. or Germany)
France, because of the arthurian legends that are in it.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
In Celestia, when you find one of the required objects for one of the quest, the dialogue says "Shiny", a term used for something pleasing in the show Firefly.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2013
someone may have said this before but if you have played a legend of Zelda game, you can see that the triforce is in the life tower in ravenwood.

Valerian Firedust lvl 60

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
we also forgot about the Aquila dungeons. tartarus is known as a god and a place. in the beginning according to whatever myth there was tartarus (the place) then earth then heaven. so that is basically what it is. correct me if i'm wrong. Mount Olympus is the roming place of Zeus. and atlantea is a play of words with the word atlantis. the sandsquid is based off of the acual kraken. wich is a giant squid. NOT the one in triton avenue.sadly I have not made it to tartarus. if anyone knows what the gladiator is based off of plz feel free to tell me.

Sincerely Robert NIghtwhisper lvl 85 wizard.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
when you battle the jabberwock he says Beware the jabberwock claws that catch and jaws that bite. now in a poem written by louise carol (The Jabberwocky) the father of the boy says beware the jabberwocky claws that catch and jaws that bite!

Sincerely Robert NIghtwhisper lvl 85 wizard

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
In Azteca there is a line of quest that have lyrics from Of Monsters and Men's Little Talks.
In Avalon, Pendragon is King Arthors last name

Victoria Legend FlameLv.84

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
Malt22 on Jun 24, 2011 wrote:
All of Zeke's quests are rock n roll bands:

1. The Smiths- Popular British Indie rock band from the 80's
2. The Yardbirds- 1960's British Blues/R&B band with psychedelic leanings, featured three of rock's greatest guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Paige.
3. The Stray Cats- American 80's band from New York that led the rockabilly rivival of the time.
4. The Lounge Lizards- Another (fairly unknown) 80's band from New York that created "fake jazz with pop and avant-garde rock tendencies."
5. The Stone Roses- short lived British 80's/90's band that merged classic 60's psychedelic rock with an 80's dance beat. (These guys are great!)
6. Blue Oyster Cult- The very first band I personally fell in love with. Though still around today, this New York based thinking man's heavy metal band flourished during the 70's and 80's, having hits like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Godzilla"
7. The Troggs- 1960's Bristish Proto-punk band that was best known for it's song, "Wild Thing"
8. The Beetles- wait, you've never heard of the beetles?

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
In marleybone someone named "The Professer" is there. He represents The Doctor from "Doctor Who" beause of the cane from the first doctor. the scarf from the 4th. The pants and shoes from the 10th. The 11th's bowtie. And then right next to him is a red teleagraph box. (AKA a red tardis).

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
In Khrysalis again, Chihooly Glasshaper, is named after the rather famous glass artist Chihooly, and has also looks like him, with a patch over one eye and a similar shape to his body even. His shop is even full of glass that looks like the art Chihooly makes.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
Krokotopia: Bort Malletmane's hammer is named Thar,and Thor's weapon of choice is a hammer.

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I know for a fact that grizzlehiem and wintertusk is based on greek mythology, some people think it's partially based on the 9 realms of asgard although this is not likely.

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmater Pyromancer

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Storm Wizard on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
I have never personaly noticed any easter eggs.
I personally haven't either, and through all these pages I haven't seen a single posted "easter egg" either. All I've seen is comical referrences to tv, movies, myth and other media/history. Not a single easter egg. For those of you who don't know what an easter egg is(this thread is full of you), it's a HIDDEN feature or joke or message in a game or program. Everything posted here is just puns, jokes and cultural referrences that are meant to be obvious, NOT easter eggs.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2011
In Krokotopia, the three main bosses, krokotep, krokenkamen, and krokopatra (Pretty sure I misspelled) are based on Egyptian kings and queens, Tutankamen, Cleopatra.. And I don't know the other

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Has anyone noticed that the pigswick papers are like the pickwick papers, Charles Dicken's first book?

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
Another one that I almost missed at first was the Living Dead Girl Quest (something like that), and when you walk up to the enemy he says "...irresistible creature with an insatiable love for the dead." And that's the opening lyrics to a song by Rob Zombie called, you guessed it, Living Dead Girl.

Carlos Rainthief- Level 95 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
Oh I almost forgot one! I was surprised at how few people knew about Krampus. But when I was younger my mum used to tell me that if you were bad Krampus, who traveled along with Santa, somewhat as his evil other-half, would take you and stuff you in a basket before carrying you off. Really scared me when I was little, no doubt!

Carlos Rainthief- Level 95 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
If nobody has pointed out The Professor and his phone box yet, I will be very sad.

The Professor is basically The Doctor. He has Ten's jacket and Converse, Four's scarf and obsession with jelly babies, Eleven's bowtie, One's cane, and Nine's catch phrase ("Fantastic!"). His TARDIS (Sorry, his "trans-dimensional telegraph box") was red and not blue, and the sign warned that it was "smaller on the inside", a nod to the "bigger on the inside" technology that personifies the Doctor's ship. Plus, for your level 75 minion, your starting quest was a nod to the different incarnations. For example, Balance's starting quest was "The First Professor" but Fire's was "The Third Professor". His quest "Relative Dimensions" is a nod to the TARDIS ("Time and Relative Dimension in Space").

Basically, his whole character is one big Doctor Who Reference. Something that made me extremely happy upon discovering it. Heaven knows you can't do London without doing Doctor Who. Kudos to you, KI. You made my day.

Destiny Moonblossom ~ Level 90 Sorcerer
Grace Dreamrider ~ Level 44 Theurgist
Genevieve Owlrider ~ Level 19 Conjurer