Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
  • All of Zeke's quests are based of bands
  • Doctor Purreau is based of H.G Wells character Dr. Moreau ( creepy guy who made tons of messed up corner)
  • Moolinda Wu is an actual person Melinda Wu
  • The quest the Fairy Wear Boots is a Black Sabbath song
  • The quest Saving Private O'Ryan is an obvious reference to Saving Private Ryan
  • Bernie=Burn
  • Kelvin=Measure of temperture used by scientists
  • Torrence=Torrent
  • Niles=Nile River
  • Ivan=Eye-Van
  • The quest Eyus Conqueror is a reference the book I, Claudius
  • The quest Wizards in the Mist is a reference to the documentary Gorillas in the Mist
  • The quest Arrow to the Knee is a reference to Skyrim (my favorite)
  • The Wizard of Oz sidequest has a ton of obvious references
  • The quest One Watch to Rule is a LoTR reference
  • Sunken City is basically the movie Fight Club
  • Penny Dreadful is based of the 1800's penny dreadful
  • Krokotopra=Cleopatra
  • The Palace of Fire dungeon is similar to how they found the Ark in Indiana Jones
  • The quest Tomb Raid is like Tomb Raider
  • Sowwki Keymaster asks if you were the Gatekeeper (Ghostbusters)
  • Wysteria is basically Hogwarts
  • Marleybone is basically Victorian England (way too many to go over)
  • Oni are actual Japanese mythology (demons)
  • The quest from Dusk till Dawn is a reference of the movie of the same names
  • Tons of Norse mythology in Grizzleheim and Wintertusk (way too many to go over
  • The Grendels are a reference to the Grendel story
  • The quest That So Raven is a reference to the Disney show
  • The Grand Chasm vault numbers and years relating to the Great Depression
  • The Ghostbuster badge
  • The Celestian boss Callthulu is based of the mythic Cthulu
  • The Lunarium quest Dark Side of the Moon is a reference to Pink Floyd
  • Hannibal Onetusk is pratically Han Solo
  • Sobaka (Onetusk's assisstant) is a reference on Chewbacca
  • Sleepless in Zafaria quest is a reference to Sleepless in Seattle
  • The quest Welcome to the Jungle is a Guns N Roses reference

I got these of Wizard 101 central. There are hundreds more. Go check it out

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Has anyone else noticed the numerous Harry Potter references?

1. Cyrus Drake is based off of Severus Snape
2. Falmea and Greyrose are slightly based off of Minerva Mc.Gonagall
3. One of the wizards Merle Ambrose was based off of is Dumbledore
4. The Spiral Cup tournament in Wysteria is a spin off of the Tri-Wizard Tournement
5. The pig students from Pigswick are loosely based on Squibs
6. Belladonna Crisp is based off of Dolores Umbridge
7. Potions are mentioned a lot
8. Some spells are somewhat related to HP spells
9. Morganthe slightly resembles Bellatrix Lestrange
10. Gamma is somewhat like Hedwig
11. Teleport stones are a bit like Portkeys

Well that's all I got.
Happy Spellcasting!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Nicitas on May 8, 2011 wrote:
The design for Marleybone is based off of where Sherlock Holmes lives.
Its based off england in the 1900s do some research

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
In front of the museum in marleybone is an obvious reference to the tardis and the doctor. Or the dog in front of it.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
the holy pomagraet is a play on the holy hand graid from monty pithon's quest for the holy graill.

awiserd

Survivor
Jul 05, 2013
Malt22 on Jun 24, 2011 wrote:
All of Zeke's quests are rock n roll bands:

1. The Smiths- Popular British Indie rock band from the 80's
2. The Yardbirds- 1960's British Blues/R&B band with psychedelic leanings, featured three of rock's greatest guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Paige.
3. The Stray Cats- American 80's band from New York that led the rockabilly rivival of the time.
4. The Lounge Lizards- Another (fairly unknown) 80's band from New York that created "fake jazz with pop and avant-garde rock tendencies."
5. The Stone Roses- short lived British 80's/90's band that merged classic 60's psychedelic rock with an 80's dance beat. (These guys are great!)
6. Blue Oyster Cult- The very first band I personally fell in love with. Though still around today, this New York based thinking man's heavy metal band flourished during the 70's and 80's, having hits like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Godzilla"
7. The Troggs- 1960's Bristish Proto-punk band that was best known for it's song, "Wild Thing"
and the beatles in krokotopia

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Basically all of Avalon lol my favorite world!!!
King Artorious - King Artur
Gwendolyn - Queen Guinevere
Merle Ambrose - Merlin/MerlinusAmbrosius (full name)
Morganthe - Morganna/Morgan Le Fay
Sword of Kings - Excalibur
Ganelon is completely unrelated to Camelot it is a French Night
and Lady of the Lake needs a lot of room lol!
Lady of the Lake had a lot of names especially Nimue (Lake Nimue in Avalon)
Here are most of her names: Nimue, Viviane, Elaine, Niniane, Nivian, Nyneve, and Evienne
and finally Avalon was the death place of King Artur where Merlin lies his body in a boat and burns the boat on its way to The Island of Avalon in the country of Wales
If you want to go on netflex there is a show that had its final episode back in may called Merlin it is on the Syfy channel!

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I just noticed, in the Village of Sorrow in Mooshu, near the gate to Otoyomi the Defiler ( or something like that) there's a goat named 'Wei Pei', a spin-off of the Asian Restaurant 'Pei Wei'.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
a blue box, a scruffy looking person and many forms

in marlybone a red box, and all the ithe traits listed above
anyone thinking of an old time traveler (and he is not from back from the future)
the doctor

also the hornet sweeper was a type of veticle forgot what

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
rainbowdashthe1st on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
Actually, Mooshu = China because Moodha. Anyone know about that easter egg?
No buddy, mooshu = Japan, because Moodha. More people in Japan practice Moodhism than china.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Think of this: if you take Page Jimmy in Avalon and switch the name around, who do you get?

Jimmy Page, the Producer and musician for Led Zeppelin. You know, the guy in Led Zeppelin who had the double-head guitar.

I continue, With more evidence!

Compare the appearance of the jaw harp and the guitar of Jimmy Page.

Also take note the naming of Avalon quest "in through the out door", which was a song Jimmy Page produced.

Jimmy Page made the music for Movie Death Wish (II), which is also a named Quest in avalon.

Finally, Coda is, itself, a led zeppelin Album. Each quest just gives more references to "Page Jimmy" being "Jimmy Page"

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
The gag in Wintertusk about "Taking Lief off your census" is a good old standard joke. Heard that years ago on Prairie Home companion.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
The most noticeable one is the NPC on marleybone named The Professor. For this is a Doctor Who reference, and if you don't think it is, look at the telephone booth. It looks a lot like the Tartarus.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2013
I noticed the dog outside Scotland Yard in Marleybone was named The Professor.

AND there is a red payphone to his left ( or the player's right )

If I remember correctly, The Doctor from Doctor Who owns a purple time machine disguised as a telephone booth. Plus, the Doctor Who franchise is based in the UK and The Doctor is British.

Lol later bros

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
All of Aquila is from Greek Mythology but in particular Stheno in Tartarus and the Myth spell Medusa maybe there will be a gorgon family reunion lol! (Medusa, Stheno, and Euryale)

Sayonara Gozaimasu!
Kevin BattleBreeze Level 88 Life
Seth MoonGrove Level 32 Myth
Alexander SkullFlame Level 5 Death
Blaze SkyCloud Level 31 Balance

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
i have made notice of the Spanish explorer Ponce De Leon in this game as monquistan explorer "Ponce De Gibbon". Very clever KI.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Just ran into another one in Wintertusk:

In Vestrilund, the brothers, Urt and Bernie, are fighting over a yellow toy duck named Goldie. Anyone remember their Sesame Street?

Historian
May 06, 2009
Our new Minions have some references behind them too!

Sir Lamorak Tinder Hart and Sir Bedevere Lake Ward are named after Knights that are actually part of the Round Table in Celtic Mythology.

Lamorak was a powerful Knight in King Arthur's forcers with a very bad temper (Fun Fact: Minion Sir Lamorak's last name means 'dry, easily flammable male European red deer'. Well, he is on fire and a red deer). Sir Bedevere returned Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake (possibly why his last name is Lake Ward).

Freddo the Ice Fish is named after Freddo, a chocolate bar solded in Australia.

Vassanji Lore Singer is possibly named after M.G. Vassanji, an African novelist and editor known for his novels and short stories, memoirs and a biography. 'Lore Singer.' That makes sense.

I'm not sure about Nerys Barbed Heart, Malduit the Devastor and Mokompo Strom Growler, but I'm sure they have references.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
FinnAgainWindrider on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
Just ran into another one in Wintertusk:

In Vestrilund, the brothers, Urt and Bernie, are fighting over a yellow toy duck named Goldie. Anyone remember their Sesame Street?
Lol x Starts humming "Rubber Ducky" x Oh great, now that is gonna be stuck up there for days, lol

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, so W101 makes life more magical for me.
I noticed one huge easter egg that reminds me of my fave character. Cyrus Drake is much like the awesome Professor Severus Snape. Any other fans noticing these things?

" Knowledge is key, my friends. " Katie Duskleaf, Level 46

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Just to round up the obvious Harry Potter references that are being repeated:

Cyrus Drake - Severus Snape
This is obvious. Both Cyrus and Severus were thought to once be evil (Dueling Diego thought Cyrus was helping Malistare.)

Lydia Greyrose - Mconagall (Sorry for spelling)
You know that warm feeling you get when talking to the sweet old woman? Then all of a sudden they turn into an epic fighter?

Malistare - Voldemort
Villains who felt betrayed or lost. Want to take over the wizard world.

Ambrose - Dumbledore
Like you need an explanation for this one.

Halestrom Balestrom - Professor Flitwick
Both are small, cheery with high voices, and overall funny.

School of Death - Dark Magic
Usually frowned upon acts, following the villain's practices.

Wizard City Library - Restricted area of Wizard Ministry
Ok. Please tell me someone else noticed this. In the Wizard library there are two hallways inaccessible on your right and left. What do these hallways look like to you, with their blue orbs on shelves everywhere? *COUGH* Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix. *COUGH*

Colossus Boulevard - Hogsmead
Snowy, cheerful, and lets not forget SNOWY!

Survivor
Mar 27, 2013
One intricate little egg I'd like to put out there. From Avalon they use the name pendragon for the form in which Artorius is stuck by Marganthe. Somone mentioned the King Arthur's last name is pendragon in actuallity most tales speak of Arthur as an illegitimate son of King Uther who was referred to as The Pendragon. so here are the intricaies "Arthur" is "transformed" into the man that attempted to deny the existance of any othe son but Mordred the heir to the throne

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Nosferabbit, a parody off a movie vampire, Nosferatu. Shaka Zebu, parody of Shaka Zulu, a warrior who helped expand his empire to greatness

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Mine would be privite Stilton is still as tin and for some reason isn't underlined in red.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
I don't think anyone has yet said the quest you get from private conely in unicorn way!
not in kansas anymore?
follow the yellow brick road?
the dog, toto,and tin man?
most obvious--Dorothy Gale???

ring a bell anyone?(hint: The Wizard of Oz)