Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New to gardening.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
I just bought my membership after achieving lvl 12, as i was questing i found out that gardening was actually pretty fun so i started growing pink dandelions.
Since i just started with gardening i got some questions.
So here we go :
1 Does it matter if you use a soil spell for your plant or a pot?
2 Plants can be harvested 2 times in mature and in elder, does it matter if you harvest it at elder only or harvest it two times?
3 Are enchanted pots better then normal pots or normal soil?
4 Where can i learn better gardening spells and where can i make/buy gardening treasure cards?

So that are all the questions, I hope you guys/girls can help me out.
Greetz, Logan Ogrefist

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Killectro wrote:
1 Does it matter if you use a soil spell for your plant or a pot?

No. However, you can only use the soil spell outside (meaning a castle and not a dorm room).

Killectro wrote:
2 Plants can be harvested 2 times in mature and in elder, does it matter if you harvest it at elder only or harvest it two times?

The number of harvests depends on the plant you are growing. I try to harvest it as many times as possible before elder, because elder is your last and best harvest on that plant.

Killectro wrote:
3 Are enchanted pots better then normal pots or normal soil?

Each plant has different soil requirements. Enchanted pots/soil are for plants that say they require it. It should say when you look at the seed information.

Killectro wrote:
4 Where can i learn better gardening spells and where can i make/buy gardening treasure cards?

There are gardening trainers throughout the spiral. I believe there is one in Wizard City, Krokotopia, Mooshu, and Celestia.

I hope that helps.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Just to add onto gtarhannon comments:

For question 3, yes I would say enchanted soil/pots is better. Here's why...non-enchanted plants can be planted in enchanted soil. Enchanted plants cannot be planted in non-enchanted soil. You get more versatility with enchanted soil.