Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Totally Random Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
I was just with my grandmaster wizard back lounging around in wizard city, yah know doing some mini games, I though it would be great it we could ride the carousel

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
And Another One:

How about after we complete a realm we get an option to take a ride over the whole realm?

Ambrose can cast a special fly spell that lets you fly over the areas of wizard city.

krytopia we can take a ride on the flying boat as an overview of krytopia flying by all the major buildings.

Aerocar flying over all the main towns in marlybone.

flyover the cities of mooshu on some sort of royal helephant.

Dragon flyover of the areas in dragonspyre.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Another One: I am on a roll tonight, Can bartelby have his eye back after you win the fight with malistaire? I was assuming that was the eye that opened up in the battle, so why couldn't use a professor drake return it for him.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Sorry I have yet another idea:

A treasure hunter badge set. you know for open amounts of treasure chests....

treasure hunter: 50 chests
finder of riches: 100 chests
Hunter of antiquities: 500 chests
Legendary Artifact Hunter: 1000 chest

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
That's an awful lot of graphical work for no real change to gameplay. Asking to fly over multiple areas of a world that are zoned separately could be especially awkward to program, especially when, if you were to lay out the areas on a map, they intersect.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
sounds fun but a bit complicated. my dad programs computers and i cant imagine what something that complicated would do to improve the game. but the carousel would be fun, and probably not as hard as the flyover.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
it would never the less be neat to see and a good no balance affecting reward for completing a town/realm and they asked for idea about what we would think would be neat to see in game. But I see your point graphically its a bit a of work (however I believe there using wad files for graphics which would mean not that much (In fact I think they may just have to make three or four camera paths, and two - three transitions.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
Another Idea:

1. Graphical Loading screens with backgrounds based on the area transition your going into instead of the plain old vanilla over and over again.

2. It would be really neat if we could purchase food and drink (just for novelty sake), Maybe even a title to with certain food (for example, sweet tooth for eating so much candy, healthy eater for eating your greens so many times. etc).

3. Use training point for other things than spells:
Train 50 hit points
Train 25 mana
Triple health regeneration in safe areas
Allow regeneration of mana in safe areas
Train 2% (to the max of 4%) Accuracy
Train 5% (to the max of 10%) chance for power pip.
Enhance class damage by 5% (to the max of 15%).
Reduce all incoming damage by 1% (to the max of 10%)

Just so you if any one really wants to know why my name is gregac6 now, I really wanted a friendly dragon, when another family member got me to set up an account, he didn't use the invite function so I decided to start over and create a new account.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
1. If they already have the artwork made, fine, but otherwise, that could be a bunch of work spent on making loading screens for no real benefit.

2. Err, what's the point? Something to waste money on?

3. That would push people to take one particular build to get a bunch of buffs, rather than allowing more flexibility as the current system does. It would also permanently cripple existing characters who have spent some training points, unless a way to refund them were added.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
reply to 2: yes a gold sink is what I am thinking,

reply to 1: Graphic available maybe have a best screen shot contest for each zone. Winner of each zone get small prize, name listed somewhere etc.

reply to 3: I actually see your point there, Then maybe someway to train ability such as that based of badges you earn, once you earn a certain set of badges a quest opens up to earn those buffs based on badge set.., oh and after I think about it you should be able to only get a max of 100 hp, and 50 mana increase.

IE:
Three Street Savior, Master Diplomat, Hero of Unicorn Way: Quest opens for first 50hp buff,

Sunken City Survivor, Savoir of wizard city, opens 100hp buff etc.

Sword Saint, open quest triple health regeneration in safe areas

Each slaying title, opens quest for reducing all incoming damage etc.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
The point of having titles in the first place is precisely that they don't give unbalancing buffs. Otherwise, everyone would have to grind all the titles to be competitive.

With no trading, I don't see any need for gold sinks.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
Quizzical wrote:

With no trading, I don't see any need for gold sinks.

You obviously haven't been selling stuff in dragonspyre, or grinding a bit there. Yes we need a gold sink.... as for the other thing the buff idea is no more powerful than an additional piece of level 45 crown armor. So it would be fairly small and not competitively overpowering.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
gregac6 wrote:
You obviously haven't been selling stuff in dragonspyre, or grinding a bit there.

If everyone were to have ten million gold, but couldn't trade it for anything, it wouldn't particularly matter that everyone had ten million gold. Gold sinks are only needed to balance an economy in games that actually have an economy. This game by design basically doesn't.

gregac6 wrote:
the buff idea is no more powerful than an additional piece of level 45 crown armor.

Comparative power is only relevant if getting the buffs you propose would preclude a player from wearing any piece of armor at all where he could otherwise put a piece of level 45 crown armor.

As I read it, you're proposing buffs that would stack with all of the buffs already in the game. In that case, to be competitive, a player would not only have to get all the max gear as is currently the case, but also have to grind out every single title to get the buffs you propose. That's a ridiculous amount of grinding to require.

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
gregac6 wrote:
3. Use training point for other things than spells:
Train 50 hit points
Train 25 mana
Triple health regeneration in safe areas
Allow regeneration of mana in safe areas
Train 2% (to the max of 4%) Accuracy
Train 5% (to the max of 10%) chance for power pip.
Enhance class damage by 5% (to the max of 15%).
Reduce all incoming damage by 1% (to the max of 10%)

I REALLY like this idea.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
ok I guess I am seeing a point maybe change the buffs, so the give a slight incentive to get the titles, but does not change the pvp balance.

1. triple health regeneration in safe areas
2. regeneration of mana in safe (so you don't have to wander for pips), maybe several level up to triple as with health
3. multiple potion fills for a single mini-game (Two levels of course)
4. 10-20% running speed boost
5. Extreme decrease in aggro range or ability to become invisible (that has a cool down time of say 2 minutes to reactive after deactivated and you can't attack of course while invisible)
6. Extra Emotes (Multiple types), like maybe a sword twirl for sword saint or stuff like that.