Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can't I hatch an earth walker?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 31, 2009
So I have been trying to cross my earth walker with my satyr in an attept to get an earth walker with spritely. The problem is I am only hatching satyrs. It costs me 32560 (aprox.) each attept and I now have 9 satyr in my inventory. Why can I not get an earth walker when I cross these two?

I crossed my earth walker with my 7-11 dragon and got a great helpful earthwalker but can't get one from satyr?

I'm sure the common response would be keep trying but is there any trick to crossing pets to get the pet you want?

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Everything about the hatching process is random and you've had a really bad luck unfortunately.

The worst part is, once you get your new earth walker, there's no guarantee that it got spritely.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
I just got an Earthwalker when I hatched my Epic Ice Colossus with Satyr.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
paullecain wrote:
I just got an Earthwalker when I hatched my Epic Ice Colossus with Satyr.

I'd recheck your pet I believe you get an earth elemental by crossing satyr and colossus. The earth walker is a crown pet I bought it when I first got into the game years ago.

Yes I'm aware that my earth walker may not enherir the spritely trait and even if it did it may not be one of the 4 skills manifested. But at least if I was getting an earth walker I could level it and find out and the try till I got what I'm looking for. With only getting satyr that makes it really hard to keep trying.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
And some folks swear that the order the pet is in determines what you get. And that has been true for a couple hatches that I've done over the last few months.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
try unequipping the pet that you want hatched and then putting it in the first slot when you get in the hatchery. this has worked numerouse times for me

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
sdbest65 wrote:
try unequipping the pet that you want hatched and then putting it in the first slot when you get in the hatchery. this has worked numerouse times for me

Ok I'll give that a try thanks.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
sdbest65 wrote:

So this is a big negative I am 17 hours from a new Satyr...again :(