Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Find the Schools to Be Balanced

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
I've seen a lot of you people complaining that the schools are not "balanced" and some schools have the greater advantage, but let me clarify that it really is!

Fire:
1. Even though it is second most powerful, it has lingering spells so it doesn't directly do so much damage in a turn.
2. They have low health (they are one of the easiest to be defeated).
3. They start of with a pretty low accuracy in the beginning/novice, appretice, initiate, and adept level.
4. They have really low power pip chance so they will have to wait more rounds to actually cast things (this kinds of balanced out with schools like Life with lower damaged but can be casted sooner).
5. Don't have much defense (meaning shields, heals, etc.)

Ice:
1. Have a pretty low accuracy (better than storm and fire but still has high fizzle rate).
2. Spells don't do a lot of damage and gear boost is very little, too.
3. Aside from having the highest boost from blades and traps, they Ice blade is earned at a very high level.
4. Even though they have the "Tower Shield," (which most people find annoying) it can be easily "wanded" off.
5. Have really low power pip chance

Storm:
1. Has the hardest time in game play because they start off with the lowest accuracy rate until at least they reach master rank.
2. Have extremely low health and defense.
3. Don't have very good boosts from their traps and blades (even though they are given more).
4. Have very low power pip chance (so you won't be expecting them to cast Leviathan any time soon!).

Balance:
1. Since their charms and wards are universal, they will have a hard time "wanding" things for their traps and charms will be removed.
2. Doesn't do a lot of damage.
3 Doesn't have high resistance because since they focus on resisting three schools instead of one or two, the resistance is not too high (even though they have a lot of shields).
4. Aren't given a lot of boosts from their charms and wards and are only given two in the entire game so far.

Death:
1. Most spells are steals and therefore don't do a lot of damage.
2. Steals are currently non-enchantable.
3. Doesn't have a lot of "attack all enemy" spells.

Myth:
1. Don't have a lot of attack spells.
2. Barely any "attack all enemy" spells.
3. Has minions that aren't too useful later in the game.
3. Dont have a lot of charms and wards (most traps are wasted in spells that do one damage then do another)
4. Little power pip chance

Life:
1. Very little attack spells
2. Very little charms and wards
3. Has the hardest time killing people

Hope this clarifies things!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Actually, there's one main argument as to that all the schools are balanced and equal:

Everyone complains that their school is the weakest and most unbalanced of all the available schools. :D

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
It really sounds like you're pointing out the problems with each school, instead of the problems and the advantages. I agree that all the schools are balanced, but it's not because they're equally terrible. Maybe also post what you think the up-sides to the schools are?

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Bookshelvings wrote:
Actually, there's one main argument as to that all the schools are balanced and equal: Everyone complains that their school is the weakest and most unbalanced of all the available schools. :D
well color me cynical, but i agree with this, and also am of the viewpoint that people don't want the schools to be balanced - they want their favorite school to be More powerful than the others, and one way to do that is by claiming their school is weaker and pointing at other schools as being too strong. i think the schools are as balanced as they could possibly be.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
It really sounds like you're pointing out the problems with each school, instead of the problems and the advantages. I agree that all the schools are balanced, but it's not because they're equally terrible. Maybe also post what you think the up-sides to the schools are?

Yeah like
Fire: high damage over time low health
Storm: high damage low success rate
Ice: high health low damage
Life: low damage high healing
Death: low damage but heals with attacks
Myth: high damage but in secondary attack often wasting traps
Balance: well balanced lol