Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle Ambrose=Merlin?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Here's the reasons I believe Merle is Merlin.

1: Merle is short for Merlin.

2: 'Merlin' is Emyrs, which means Immortal, and Immortal in Welsh is Amrbrose. Any thoughts on it?

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Headm. Ambrose is most definitely based upon Merlin, but I wouldn't say he actually IS Merlin.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
mman17 wrote:

'Merlin' is Emyrs, which means Immortal, and Immortal in Welsh is Amrbrose. Any thoughts on it?
It makes sense but where did you learn that???

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Merlin may be his twin or cousin cuzin
hehe
From Abigail Rubyspear player in test & live realm
Ask not what your country can do for you,
Ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Nicitas wrote:
mman17 wrote:

'Merlin' is Emyrs, which means Immortal, and Immortal in Welsh is Amrbrose. Any thoughts on it?
It makes sense but where did you learn that???

I did a bit of studying and searching the net.

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Actually, "Ambrose" means "God". I know this because the food, ambrosia, (not hambrosia, that's in-game, ambrosia the fruit mix,) literally translates to "God's Food".
Bradley EmeraldThorn
StormChaser

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
gatorjaw wrote:
Actually, "Ambrose" means "God". I know this because the food, ambrosia, (not hambrosia, that's in-game, ambrosia the fruit mix,) literally translates to "God's Food".
Bradley EmeraldThorn
StormChaser

Sorry, but your "fact" was incorrect. Actually, "Ambrose" does mean immortal, and the food of the Greek gods, "Ambrosia" was known as the food of immortals/immortality.

It's arguable, so partially we're both correct.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Explorer
May 25, 2009
gatorjaw wrote:
Bradley EmeraldThorn
StormChaser
i read percy jackson series and all so i know god stuff nd all

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
mman17 wrote:

2: 'Merlin' is Emyrs, which means Immortal, and Immortal in Welsh is Amrbrose. Any thoughts on it?

Ambrose reminds me of Dumbledore :D :D

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
Nice find!

Thanks. It took a few minutes piecing it all together.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
mman17 wrote:

he can't be. Merlin lived backwards, remembering what hadn't happened yet but not remembering what had.

Ambrose most certainly doesn't know what hasn't happened yet or he'd know when you first got here who you were and exactly what you had to do to defeat Malistair.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
i think merel is actually king arthurs uncle i forget the first name but the last name was ambrose

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
mman17 wrote:

He is not,what you are saying doesnt make sense what you say is dumb

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
If all of which you are saying is true Merlin could be the younger Merle that travels from the past to the future and stay's

Survivor
May 07, 2011
irvinsaur wrote:
mman17 wrote:

One, that is very rude/mean to say. You could have just frazed it much kinder. :D Also, to me, it does make sense. If you think about it, it does relate in my eyes/mind.
♥♥Kiley StarSong♥♥

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
StarlightGirlzFore... wrote:
irvinsaur wrote:
mman17 wrote:

One, that is very rude/mean to say. You could have just frazed it much kinder. :D Also, to me, it does make sense. If you think about it, it does relate in my eyes/mind.
♥♥Kiley StarSong♥♥
I guess that was kind of harsh

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
I don't think he actually is him, but I'm sure they're realted in some way. Maybe they're like brothers or something. :-o :P

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
mman17 wrote:

Ambrose reminds me of Dumbledore :D :D

OMG I am SO glad I'm not alone on that! Hey anyone else notice that Cyrus Drake sounds like Severus Snape? And their personalities are very much similar. Also this is a Wizard's school and so is Hogwarts. Hehe, I'm a Harry Potter freak. I guess some things are based off of Harry Potter.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
mman17 wrote:

just so u ppl know welsh is haw ppl from wales speck
i think.....

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
All of you people are mixing up the actual story of merlin with the tv show! Get you facts straight before posting anything else.

Rogan Dragonflame, legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
mman17 wrote:

Well you are right. Sort of;

Merle--------Merlin

Ambrose========Ambrosius

Merlin Ambrosius

Merle Ambrose

So yeah. Merle Ambrose is based on Merlin Ambrosius. Or IS Merlin

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
yeah you are right! well, ive never really thought about it! , well since my mind is full of everything, yeah. well now, yall need to just think of even more things, i mean, i love doing this, but good idea about the merle ambrose, merlin thing! would of never thought about it my self.
Answering regularly,
Almost level 21, Rachel Skullflame. I have red hair!

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
I agree, Merle is like Merlin. Great research. The meaning of the word, "merlin" and. "Ambrose" ties together so well! Good job!