Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance monsters, unfair!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
I know balance monsters are all the schools, but I think some parts of it is unfair! For one thing, i'm a storm wizard (and proud of it) and the balance monsters summon elemental shields! Plus the balnce monsters weaknesses are the spiritual schools (life, death, and myth). It is totally unfair, because the balance monsters don't summon any spiritual spells, they don't have any spiritual sheilds and their weaknesses are life, desth, and myth. If you ask me, this isn't much of a Balance school. :? :? :?

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
I know, right? I'm Fire/Storm (and also proud of it), and they ONLY
use Elemental Shield! I'm level 44, meaning that I have Helephant and
Stormzilla. So I can't STAND THEM!!!! Please, make it so that they use Elemental AND Spirit Shield! I can't beat those Rank 7 Elite guys in
DragonSpyre! Oh, and I don't wanna be offensive to Spirits, because I have a lot of Spirit friends. So, please!

-Unkown player
Unkown Lvl and School

PS: I just don't want every Spirit Wizard to be mad at me! That's why
I didn't put my name down.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2008
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
I also agree im storm school (and proud of it) and the alwasy use elemental shields and its like dude use the spirit sheilds once. But luckly i have 3 other wizards that are life death and myth and there all lvl 50 so it okay i guess.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
You are so right. I'm a level 32 ice wizard, and the only reason I can survive battles with theese monsters are because I am second in death. But my most powerful spells are in my main school, and they always shield against me. Its so annoying, especally since my robes give me Stormzilla, and they even shield against that. It would be nice if every once and a while they shielded myth, death, and life.

Defender
Dec 09, 2008
KanBatsu wrote:
I know balance monsters are all the schools, but I think some parts of it is unfair! For one thing, i'm a storm wizard (and proud of it) and the balance monsters summon elemental shields! Plus the balnce monsters weaknesses are the spiritual schools (life, death, and myth). It is totally unfair, because the balance monsters don't summon any spiritual spells, they don't have any spiritual sheilds and their weaknesses are life, desth, and myth. If you ask me, this isn't much of a Balance school. :? :? :?
There is a Spirit shield

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Balance is unfair because of hydra! It's three in one using storm ice and fire i'm soooooooo mad at it! :x but otherwise it's sweet looking :P (yeah i'm a spirit person and i'm not mad!)

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
It sounds fair to me. Guess what? Lightning monsters shield against your lightning spells too. Is that unfair? That balance elemental shield is a much weaker shield than a regular shield. Here is my advice though. Keep a wand that is your type so when they cast that shield you can shoot it down with a wand spell and not lose pips or a good card over it.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
Stormfur2 wrote:
Balance is unfair because of hydra! It's three in one using storm ice and fire i'm soooooooo mad at it! :x but otherwise it's sweet looking :P (yeah i'm a spirit person and i'm not mad!)

Hydra is completely weak incomparison to ALL other school's spell for that level. It looks cool, but it's weak. Judgement is the strongest spell a balance school wizard has available. I have a level 45 balance wizard, and I almost never use Hydra because it's so weak.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
Balance is tough to fight I agree especially with my Master Balance Char.

But if any other school just use your school wand/sword or use the 1 pip attack card from your school.

It's even harder in Dragonspyre so learn how to deal with them now :)

Shadai

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
That's why I use a wand or staff---from a different school than I am from. That way, the wand removes the mob's sheild without setting off my traps or using my blades. Then I follow up with my main attack the next round.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
I just got all I need right now. I didn't know all this would make such chaos.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
actually the higher balance monsters use spirit shields and balance shields are weaker than other shields if you over power your attack hey cant withstand it

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
kazukiangel wrote:
actually the higher balance monsters use spirit shields and balance shields are weaker than other shields if you over power your attack hey cant withstand it

well balance school my minion also only uses elemental sheilds
I would be happy to see that change assuming it is equally affected by odds of casting as a mob is

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
i'm really sorry if you are having balance problems, but i'm one (and proud of it) and i just hope you arent insulting our school - its not our fault! It's the teacher! I like my balance on how it is, and fire, ice, and storm are the most powerful schools so we have shields for it... Because balance is all schools. :?

Luna0616

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
balanceis a cool school i have a few balance cards that ive got from clothes like judgement and a few that i don't remember the name but don't wear them anymore but in arena fightinga life and a balance is very hard
life more cause the match will take very long and if they use forest sprite(minion) that heal them each round it will take even longer and if they use the spirit armor ugh but i do like life i have lots of life friends but i think they should be a option that you can fight a none heal match

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
luna0616 wrote:
i'm really sorry if you are having balance problems, but i'm one (and proud of it) and i just hope you arent insulting our school - its not our fault! It's the teacher! I like my balance on how it is, and fire, ice, and storm are the most powerful schools so we have shields for it... Because balance is all schools. :?

Luna0616
Sorry if I insulted you. I am just sort of complaining and got all the info I need right now. I thought people would get off this subject actually. Again, I am very sorry if I insulted your school. I didn't try to.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
A good samurai, should always have with him:
His class sword, for fighting balance monsters.

His opposite class sword, for fighting creatures of his own class.

There secondary class sword, for when they are using there secondary re-spec, because there only using there secondary against creature that they have an advantage with (Like myth vs storm, and your secondary is storm.

Also shield are made the following spells: Thunder snake, Imp, Fire Cat, Ice beetle, Troll, dark fairy.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
luna0616 wrote:

Luna0616
P.S.

I have never thought of that. But I still think its unfair that the balance weakness are the spiritual schools. Shields for the elements and weaknesses of the spirit.

That is why I think the school is unfair.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
gregac6 wrote:
A good samurai, should always have with him:
His class sword, for fighting balance monsters.

His opposite class sword, for fighting creatures of his own class.

There secondary class sword, for when they are using there secondary re-spec, because there only using there secondary against creature that they have an advantage with (Like myth vs storm, and your secondary is storm.

Also shield are made the following spells: Thunder snake, Imp, Fire Cat, Ice beetle, Troll, dark fairy.

Are you refering to me? Because my secondary is ice not storm.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
KanBatsu wrote:
in ds bosses balance bosses have spirit shield my second school is balance and third life and i think it isnt to un-fair cause they dont have resists to fire ice and storm any way if you have hydra use that to take away the shields that could work so i have hydra and helephant and i dont think its to un-fair

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
LucarioAura45 wrote:
I know, right? I'm Fire/Storm (and also proud of it), and they ONLY
use Elemental Shield! I'm level 44, meaning that I have Helephant and
Stormzilla. So I can't STAND THEM!!!! Please, make it so that they use Elemental AND Spirit Shield! I can't beat those Rank 7 Elite guys in
DragonSpyre! Oh, and I don't wanna be offensive to Spirits, because I have a lot of Spirit friends. So, please!

-Unkown player
Unkown Lvl and School

PS: I just don't want every Spirit Wizard to be mad at me! That's why
I didn't put my name down.
" matthew owlfist here i am a master life student and i totally agree with this but i think i remember one battle a balance monster having sprital sheilds but i think your are absolutley right

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
I am a level 20 Balance Wizard and I have both Elemental Shield and Spiritual Shield. And I have noticed that the shields are not as strong as when you cast a single shield from a school like storm shield or ice shield.
I also thought that if a Balance wizards shields are weaker then are there traps weaker .

PS Whenever I'm fighting a Balance monster and they use an Elemental spell it does little damage but when they use a Balance spell it does much more damage then an Elemental spell some one please help me understand this.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2008
This is all part of balancing the schools out. For example: Storm has incredible attacks, Ice (Me and proud of it) have crazy high health, Life has weak attack and defense but can easily recover and help others recover to.

Blaze IceCrafter Level 50 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
hey guys have you ever noticed how balance monsters are weak against any attack so thats why they are equipped with alot of shields. plus there attacks are very weak and rarely use high lvl cards :D :D :D