Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the longest you've waited to enter a PvP D

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We've heard a couple of people saying that it's taking longer and longer for them to actually enter a Ranked PvP Duel, after they've clicked Quick Join.
We need to know how long you're waiting so we can make sure that this isn't a bug of some kind.
Thank you!

Results
What's the longest you've waited to enter a Ranked Duel?
>2 hours 29%
1 to 2 hours 0%
half an hour to 1 hour 29%
15 minutes to half an hour 7%
10 to 15 minutes 14%
5 to 10 minutes 7%
less than 5 minutes 14%

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
I believe a bug is in effect.

Every attempt to join a PvP match hangs at the Looking For team Step. It does not matter rather I am joining a match or starting one of my own.

It just sits there on the looking for team step with no team members currently in view. even when I am joining a full team it doesn't see anyone and just hangs there.

The game itself does not hang, I can still go about my business but I just sit in the qeue forever. Happens the same rather i am auto joining games, starting my own game or manually clicking join on a mat6ch already queued up. 1v1 - 4v4 it does not matter.

This is not an instance where there is no one available to fight. Like I said, it doesn't matter if I am starting a game, or joining one, it still hangs at this step.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
I think malistare is behind this he is a sneaky one
signed james thunder blade greatest diviner of all time

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
I just started playing this game within the last week. I have yet to even get into a pvp match. I am a subscriber and have tried every option. Even when a friend makes a match and I go under the friends tab and click "join" it sends me to the same queue, stuck at "looking for team."

I thought maybe there weren't any low levels pvping and all I can say is by level 22 I still haven't been able to get past the queue and cannot directly join a group without being sent to the same queue.

As fun as pve is, I can only say that by watching other in pvp matches, it at least looks fun. I hope to be able to participate soon. Many in game are telling me they have the same problem.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
No smilies. Just words

I love the idea, but dislike the reality. It really does take much long to get into a duel. A suggestion would it be possible to make a pvp arena and a separate open arena, but with similar concepts for both? I would suggest the open arena for both and a pvp dedicated to match like levels.

Really, one arena dedicated to pvp members and one to non members. Or, I to pvp members and 2 to non members None member arenas could be split by 1 to 7 and 7 and beyond. Honestly, when I duel. I want the duel to last a while.

There must be a better solution

Autumn

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Looks like the Poll is already closed. But I routinely wait at least 20 minutes, usually around 30.

By the time the match asks me to join, I've forgotten that I had done it and am in the middle of a quest. So I end up not joining it....then everyone else that was on my team goes back to the queue.

This happens frequently when I AM able to join. Someone else on my team doesn't join, then I'm back to the queue. So I have stopped doing PvP even though I'd really like to.

It's also very frustrating to have to go all the way back to Unicorn Way to join a new battle. If I'm in Marleybone, I can go fight a quick battle PvP, and then I get sent back to Marleybone. To Quickjoin another battle, I have to go back to Wizard City, to Unicorn Way. Then, since I know it will be at least 20 mins, I don't want to sit there waiting. I go back to Marleybone to continue other things.

We need a way to Quickjoin another PvP battle without having to go back to Unicorn Way. It's a huge waste of time. A quick popup that says 'Do you want to Quickjoin another battle?" would be great. I could say Yes, then get sent back to Marleybone to play while I wait. At least it would save the trip back to Wizard City.

If I knew that I could simply PvP battle quickly over and over without having to wait, I would just stay in Unicorn Way to do this.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2008
20 minutes although the latest patches seemed to speed up 1 v 1 selections some. 2 v 2 and higher, it is hard to get anything going, and when you finally get a match, that other person has given up and does not join.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Absolutely ages.
At least, in a 4v4.
I click confirm, all my opponents do, all my teammates do, except there is always one annoying person who won't click it and seems to have fallen asleep on his keyboard. So all my other teammates get tired of clicking on confirm and decline. Then my opponents all go off, as well. So then I decide it's hopeless and cancel.
Maybe it's just me. I entered 2 4v4 matches and was soundly beaten. I was the last to go, as they kept helephant-ing the life wizard for healing us. Maybe I should dye my blue robes green, after all. Save a life wizard, save a fortune on training points. :D

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
The newest problem, and this is the same rather it's ranked or practice.

All the team members hit accept, but the computer swears one person hasn't hit it. Everyone has a green check mark. And everyone's screen says waiting for team mates to confirm.

Eventually the timer runs out and it randomly kicks one person off the team as if they hadn't hit confirm. Even though, they actually hit confirm.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I beleive that the pvp does take a while especially in ranked 3v3 or 4v4 because there is so many people with friend only ones. I mean your like this when waiting :x

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
it`s not a bug it`s that no one ever clicks on QUICK JOIN to play a match there's all doing other stuff or people that join when it's ready they don't click GO TO ARENA or come on and off the match

Explorer
May 31, 2008
My death is a captain at 750 rank. It sometimes takes me up to 2 hours to get matched up for a 1v1. This gets increasingly annoying. Also KingsIsle Please consider making faster ways to earn gold and decrease the Treasure card costs at the library.

Or As soon as Something Say Tower Shields run out in Bazaar, Elik would get new stock after a period of time.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
the longest its taken me was bout 4 hours BUT if it wasnt for those for hours i wouldnt have almost got done krokotopia i was already on the last mission in krokospinks :) but ya i was kind of mad untill i realized i was at strom temple lol

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
To tell the truth I've waited for over 2 hours and then it never finished giving me any opponents (it was a 3v3 friends only) so I logged out.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
After 10 minutes, i just leave. lol. Yah, you could call me impatient, or you could just say i dont wanna waste my time....

P.S but either way, i want no mean comments on me and my patience.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
I haven't had to wait too long in ranked matches to pair up, but for practice matches if you quick join then you most likely will end up in a old set up match vs. friends that aren't there.

Quick join in practice matches is pretty much broken as it is designed. Only way to reliably join and get matches is to sort through all the garbage matches at the front and get to a more aware and active player at the end of the list.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I only ever play 1v1 or 2v2 in PvP and the longest I have ever waited was about 5-10min. Usually it is less then 5min.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
The only matches that I ever did was 1v1, whenever I try to get into something much larger, I have to wait a very long time. Also what annoys me is that people have the option of leaving the match, which makes me mad that now I have to wait for someone else to get in. Also in the subscribed matches, there are hardly that many matches, the free matches are much larger than the subscribed, so I rather take my chances with the free ones.