Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
Hey everyone, i recently became a member of wizard101 (and this is my first post) I made a balance wizard i am currently level 31 and loving it. I have been reading alot of posts about balance spells and basically only hearing spectral blast and judgement are the best spells and is that true? Posts say that hiding behind you shields and then popping out with alot of pips and using judgement is the best way to take out high level bosses. In my second school i chose storm because of its high power and now its a rare occassion if i use one of their spells (usually only use them against balance bosses).
So my main question in this post i know i probobly rambled on and on is do balance i wizards have something to look forward to other then Ra at level 58 thanks again and see ya around -Flint

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
Some pretty nice spells would be hydra (weak but you can improve it if you visit Niles) judgment is a really powerful attack and you got power nova at lvl 48. If you are a minion fan you would like the elemental minion at lvl 38 where you summon either fire elemental, ice colossus thing and the water elemental.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
For the most part, Judgement is the Balance wizard's go-to spell for the remainder of the game.

Power Nova and Ra are just stronger versions of Sandstorm, except the the former also adds a Weakness to all enemies. Spectral Blast works well with your Elemental Blade and Trap, since all three get boosts, and the first shot cuts through a Tower Shield.

Be sure that you have all of your spells. Niles on Krokosphinx Island has four spells for you, and Mildred Farseer (down the path from Mindy Pixiecrown) on Colossus Boulevard has two. Croaky also has one; he's in the basement of Digmoore Station in Marleybone.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
You will also find the astral spells once you get to level 50. Sun will boost damage on your spells (such as might, changing your cards into temporary treasure cards) and star will increase damage, or accuracy, or crit chance, etc., but as personal auras.