Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fix fizzles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
There is no way possible that you can tell me a spell with an 80% success rate can fizzle five times out of six casts and be 80%. Fix it.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, it can... That's accuracy for you. Sometimes, it can be mean to you. I once fizzled four times in a row on my Pyromancer. Did you fizzle five times in a row, or just five out of six casts? Either way, there's most likely nothing wrong. Just move on.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Superwiz1560 wrote:
Yeah, it can... That's accuracy for you. Sometimes, it can be mean to you. I once fizzled four times in a row on my Pyromancer. Did you fizzle five times in a row, or just five out of six casts? Either way, there's most likely nothing wrong. Just move on.

I fizzled four times in a row, and I have a witness to the event. I cast sunbird, it fizzled. I cast it again, it fizzled again. I cast it again, it fizzled a third time. I cast it again (yes, all in the same match), it fizzled a fourth time. On the fifth cast, it finally cast. Next match, I cast it and it fizzled. So I'm sorry, I don't care how many times people tell me it can do that, that is broken. I'm not asking for it to cast every time. Just the right amount of times. They should make some sort of algorithm that keeps spells from fizzling more than once in a row.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
tonym144 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:

I fizzled four times in a row, and I have a witness to the event. I cast sunbird, it fizzled. I cast it again, it fizzled again. I cast it again, it fizzled a third time. I cast it again (yes, all in the same match), it fizzled a fourth time. On the fifth cast, it finally cast. Next match, I cast it and it fizzled. So I'm sorry, I don't care how many times people tell me it can do that, that is broken. I'm not asking for it to cast every time. Just the right amount of times. They should make some sort of algorithm that keeps spells from fizzling more than once in a row.

Fizzle isnt broken. Some spells just fizzle more than others and at certain time, people fizzle more then they usually do. Its just that way. My life wizard fizzles on her searph spell maybe 3/5 times and that is 90% accuracy. Also not everything in this game is going to be easy and would you like it if a storm boss say cuthaulla in celestia only fizzled once or more than once? The fizzling also happens with mob's so your fizzle only once rule would apply to them making it almost impossible to solo some parts. Try boosting your accuracy too, most of your spells have 75-80% accuracy so you might need a boost.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
I know whats wrong. Make sure that you don't have a chat balloon while your spell is about to start casting. You can make someone fizzle by talking crazy stuff. It is a bit broken your right because that wasn't ever the case of fizzling. Remember, even if you are a person without text or open chat, your menu chat will make you fizzle also.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
I agree with Anil235 but honestly its a matter of luck. I am an Ice wizard with clothes that make my accuracy 90% and I fizzle more than my STORM friend that has no accuracy boost, sooo... maybe ur like me and have awful luck! :(((

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Anil235 wrote:
I know whats wrong. Make sure that you don't have a chat balloon while your spell is about to start casting. You can make someone fizzle by talking crazy stuff. It is a bit broken your right because that wasn't ever the case of fizzling. Remember, even if you are a person without text or open chat, your menu chat will make you fizzle also.

What??? Do you have an proof of this outlandish statement? Talking will not make you fizzle and whoever told you that is either messng with you or is extremely ignorant.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
If I'm reading this right, those fizzles are entirely possible in the context of the game. Try casting the same spell 100 times and it's entirely possible that an 80% spell will fizzle 20 times in a row.

It's like tossing a coin, heads or tails, out of 100 tosses, you CAN get a run of 10 heads or tails, it just takes time.

There's nothing wrong with the fizzles. Live with it.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
sionna11 wrote:
If I'm reading this right, those fizzles are entirely possible in the context of the game. Try casting the same spell 100 times and it's entirely possible that an 80% spell will fizzle 20 times in a row.

It's like tossing a coin, heads or tails, out of 100 tosses, you CAN get a run of 10 heads or tails, it just takes time.

There's nothing wrong with the fizzles. Live with it.

More so every time you cast a spell the game rolls D100 for your accuracy. You have an 80% chance the spell will not fizzle. So on a roll of 81 to 100 you fizzle or 19 to 1 depending how the computations work.

The game is chance and luck. How does my dck layout my cards and how are my dice. I am life and my spells are mostly 90% I have +20 life and I only fizz when I'm hit with the -45 acc. If you get items to improve acc you will not have the issue of fizzes.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Anil235 wrote:
lol! when someone's saying something crazy? i know i can't concentrate if someone is saying something crazy, how could my wizard? i don't know if you meant this tip as a joke, i hope you did, but it made me laugh either way. -eli

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
It isn't a joke. I noticed that when i talk too much in a battle i fizzle more often than when i dont talk.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Anil235 wrote:
It isn't a joke. I noticed that when i talk too much in a battle i fizzle more often than when i dont talk.

That doesn't prove anything. You're not the only Wizard in the Spiral.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Anil235 wrote:
you'd think diego would have given us some warning about that. i'd have to say that it's only a coincidence if you fizzle while talking. i don't see how the chat bubbles can mess with the random number generator. but if you seem to have more luck when you don't talk, then i don't want to discourage you from staying silent while casting. -eli