Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 for Xbox/ PS3

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
how will you chat though??? for that, you really need a keyboard, dont you think? and it will, like many posters said, be a complete waste of time.

Actually the xbox has an add on that is a keyboard on your controller

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
Though I'd love to see it, all communication would have to be through the headsets, and I know parents of younger players will *not* want their kids using a headset to talk to any of the 15,000,000 players out there, especially if you consider how many people are breaking the chat rules set by Text and Open Chat.

This really isn't an issue. All it takes to chat on the XBOX is a chatpad, connected to your controller. Anyone who spends any kind of time on the XBOX probably already has one.

As for the voice thing, that is not a "requirement". Additionally, it is already handled through the XBOX Live Parental controls. My son has an XBOX Live account. I have to "authorize" any friends on his list with my private password. He can't chat voice with anyone who is not on his XBOX Live friends list. Additionally, the XBOX does a GREAT job with this. My son and I can be in a game together and while I can hear everyone, he can only hear the people in the game that are on his friends list.

That being said... Voice chat on the XBOX wouldn't be a requirement for W101. You simply use your chat pad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 58 (Grandmaster Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 41 (Master Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 39 (Magus Necromancer)

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Shadow0707 wrote:
Well the title kinda explains itself but, wouldn't it be fun for those of us with Xbox Live/ Playstation Network to be able to play wizard 101 on our consle!!!! I mean it would still be connected to the main server so that PC players can still play with Xbox/PS3 players. It would also improve the games graphics, not that their's anything wrong with them.

I think this is a GREAT idea. I already have a yearly XBOX Live subscription and I spend a tremendous amount of time on my XBOX. I have it set up on a 42" LED TV, with a 1,000 watt 7.1 surround sound. W101 would ROCK on this system!

Many times I have been playing on the XBOX and wishing I could check in with my W101 friends and take care of my gardening, then go back to playing on my XBOX. As it is today, I have to go to a completely different room where the computer is set up and quite often I simply forgo W101 and keep playing on the XBOX.

I have been a big proponent of W101 for the XBOX platform for a long time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 58 (Grandmaster Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 41 (Master Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 39 (Magus Necromancer)

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
It COULD be possible. It would just take some questioning, teamwork, and opinions. They could use polls to decide if everyone at KI thinks it would be a decent idea to maybe do it.

Poll 1: Do you have an Xbox 360 system with Xbox LIVE?

If a certain amount of people check yes, then KI could move to the next poll.

Poll 2: If Wizard101 came to the Xbox 360 system, would you play it?

If a certain amount of people check yes, KI could make a small, free Wizard101 beta for Xbox LIVE that just covers Unicorn Way. After playing the beta for about 20 minutes, or finishign Unicorn Way, a servey could come up asking if they has a great time playing and want to play more.

If a certain amount of people checked yes, KI could try to team up with a publisher and maybe another gaming studio, they could make Wizard101 for Xbox 360. Wizard101 does have a good reputation and appeals to many people.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
mman17 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Why? That's so much extra work for no reason.

You always say that. I believe it would be more fun to play on a TELIVISION than on a computer, for one.

You know you could connect your computer to an television with a couple easy steps with the monitor cables so it will be kinda like the experience but i got some questions. how would we chat on Xboxlive or PSN we'll have to mikes but then goes the filter. so much work for it to work ^-^

Survivor
May 25, 2010
Why? That would be like 100x more the work than with the PC for no reason.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
How about having a mini-game for Xbox 360 Kinect.
You would move around as your wizard!
Any thing you did your wizard would do!
You wouldn't be able to battle but you could explore the spiral as your wizard!
If you have Xbox live you could explore with many people!
It would be fun to COMPLETELY control your wizard!