Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical chance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Ok, im not even complaining about this, but i just wanted to know why if there is a storm with 150% critical ranting plus a vengence hit a critical every single hit, i remember the entire pvp match, 1 minute: he used vengance i used elemental blade, 2nd round: he used kraken, it critical, i used ice blade, 3rd round: he used lighning bats it critical, i shielded, 4th round: he used lighning bats it critical, i used balefrost, 5th vengance wore off and i still died by a critical lighning bat, someone tell me how every round in that match he got criticals?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Rizzy07 wrote:
Ok, im not even complaining about this, but i just wanted to know why if there is a storm with 150% critical ranting plus a vengence hit a critical every single hit, i remember the entire pvp match, 1 minute: he used vengance i used elemental blade, 2nd round: he used kraken, it critical, i used ice blade, 3rd round: he used lighning bats it critical, i shielded, 4th round: he used lighning bats it critical, i used balefrost, 5th vengance wore off and i still died by a critical lighning bat, someone tell me how every round in that match he got criticals?

The 150 is not in percent. It is a point system that helps break up percentage. 15 critical points is only 3% critical chance.

Perhaps the real thing worth questioning is why do we even have vengeance. Players have way too much control over critical. A spell like vengeance only tempts players to shoot for luck and chances over playing with a solid strategic deck. I've played against people who would do nothing but try to get critical. It is so... uh... messy.

His vengeance boosts critical by 25%. Plus his 150 critical gear means your opponent had a very good shot at critical. Also, try to have critical block rating of at least 60 and carry conviction with you to counter the vengeance spell.

Critical would be better off if it was a more behind the scenes part of the game, like how our health goes up when we level. It isn't something we control, each wizard gains a certain amount of health when they level. Something like that.