Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is lvl 43 too late or too early to be in DS?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
Ok, so I just defeated the Jade Oni and got into Dragonspyre at level 43. Should I start lvling up more? Or am I late? Late as in big start.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Str38k wrote:
Ok, so I just defeated the Jade Oni and got into Dragonspyre at level 43. Should I start lvling up more? Or am I late? Late as in big start.

You are fine. As long as you have your level 42 spell you are pretty much the same as a level 47 (a few hit points, mana and power pip % differance). You also can't use level 45 equipment yet, but the start of DS doesn't really require them, and you'll hit 45 by the 2nd ring.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
you came in the same level i did so you are fine but around plaza of conquest i say be at least level 45 do to a dungeon that might make you lose pride called the tower of war

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
Str38k wrote:

You are good I got to DS at level 39 and I did just fine. I am now a level 60 so you are a good level to get to DS.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
you are actually higher then the reccomended lvl soooo dont worry about it but dont forget about side quest or you'll be a lvl 47 and starting celestia good luck

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
I got to DS at level 38 and completed at level 46.

Mason Fireforge 60 fire
Colin Mistblood 60 storm
Cowan Nightblood 55 balance who completed DS at level 46
Richard Deathcaster 32 death
Mason Fireforge 12 fire
Jesse Legendshard 10 myth

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
dont worry about it your fine. i was only level 42 when i got to ds and i was ok. the only problem is that you cant equip most of the equipment in ds cause most of it level 45 and up. you can always finish some of the side quests in mooshu if you want to be a higher level before starting ds.

-Fallon ThunderCatcher
Master Diviner

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Str38k wrote:

I started at 42 O. o, and I was fine.

-mman

Explorer
May 05, 2011
LOL Wow i think i am too early to be in DS. i Started when i was lvl 40 heheh and i need to get the obsidian chest in labyrinth and after that i have to kill malistaire and i'm now only lvl 44! O: so My explanation is that.... I Kill Things Fast lol XD

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
Str38k wrote:
oh it is you are going to have some hard time it happend to me twice but now the both 60 but now i know do yer side quests

Survivor
Apr 19, 2011
Dont worry i started at lvl 46, cause i did almost every high xp side quest to lvl up XD

Good luck in DS

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
Str38k wrote:

It's alright; it really doesn't matter what level you are, it only matters if you think your ready or not. If you feel uncomfortable just do some "side quests" until you think your ready. I was level 40 when I started DS and I'm doing fine. :) And think about it; it's always better to enter a world at a too high level than a too low level

-Laura Starflame lvl 41 master pyromancer

Explorer
May 23, 2009
Str38k wrote:

Your just in a perfect spot.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
i got their at level 37 i did alot of quest and i finished at level 46

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Dear Str38k,
You are perfectly fine dear!
My balance got into Dragonspyre when she was level 40.
She's 3/4 away from finishing it and she's only level 42.
So you are perfectly fine :D

Sincerly,
The Thaumaturge, Jinxx 8)

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
I just got into DS at lvl 38 i am kinda worried so i am gonna do GH and WT so if anyone feels like its too early just do GH and WT

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
I think its fine but if you finish grizzelheim first it will be even easier. Atleast thats what I did!

Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
Str38k wrote:

dont worry about that i came there t level 38 i was worried at firstbut now im a succesful life wizard

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
Am I too late? I'm a level 46 fire guy and just defeated the death oni?
Patrick Star level 46 pyromancer.
Lucas Spellshine level 24 conjurer.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Well i say the higher the better. but i solo almost all the time on quests
Besides try it if it is too hard lvl up some come back for a second round. but i dont like walking through untouched i want to feel like i earned the victory.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
um. you are fine.(everybody get ready to laugh) i am level forty eight and i just started mooshu so yea............ dont worry about it XD

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
thunderfeet101 wrote:
dont worry about it your fine. i was only level 42 when i got to ds and i was ok. the only problem is that you cant equip most of the equipment in ds cause most of it level 45 and up. you can always finish some of the side quests in mooshu if you want to be a higher level before starting ds.

-Fallon ThunderCatcher
Master Diviner
yea i started at lvl 40 so i was good but now i lvl 45 in plaza of conquests

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Don't worry i got to DS at level 40 and i'm still at level 40 because i have been helping people than doing my own quest :( . I'm in the plaza of something ( forgot the name of the place . So just don't worry about it (unless you have health 1,500 or lower then you should buy some equipment ).

*~Caleb Jade Master Life~*

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
tcw87544 wrote:
Am I too late? I'm a level 46 fire guy and just defeated the death oni?
Patrick Star level 46 pyromancer.
Lucas Spellshine level 24 conjurer.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm almost level 46 and am only somewhat close to the second oni.