Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101, Quest Error(?)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
This is to do with one of Prospector Zeke's quests. I am not able to get the quest for finding the beetles in Krokotopia - I know people have posted problems that sound like this one, but I ask that you have a bit of patience while I explain.

I have both a legendary wizard and a magus wizard on my account, and both received and completed the beetle quest with no issues to speak of.

I recently created a death wizard, on the same account mind, who is just about done with Wizard City, and is able to go to Krokotopia. Using this character I have found all of the Smiths, and turned that quest in with no trouble. I've even gone back to the Zeke in Wizard City several times to make sure it was turned in successfully. There is no "Find the Smiths" quest on my quest list any longer, and I was already awarded the training point etc.

And here lies the root of the problem - once I ventured to Krokotopia, the Prospector Zeke there had no exclamation point over his head. He had nothing over his head but the bag of gold that indicates his shop.

When I go up to him and press 'x' to speak to him, however, a list pulls up. The first item on the list shows a gray exclamation point, followed by the text "Find the Beetles". The second item, of course, is his mount shop.

When I click on the text "Find the Beetles" Zeke says to me "Where'd those doggone beetles get off to?", as if I actually do have the quest.

I assure you that my death character never did get the quest. Also, to reaffirm this, I would like you to know that in my "Current Quests" there is no "Find the Beetles" quest listed.

The only other information I can offer is that, while it seems like I have the quest (even though I don't and it isn't in my quest list) I made sure to run over some beetles anyway, and still, no - nothing happens when I do, and no goals are completed.

I hope someone will be able to help with my dilemma, and thank you for reading.

:)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It sounds like your server player-file is corrupted. Send in a ticket to Support, giving them the basic details of what you said here.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
colagada wrote:
It sounds like your server player-file is corrupted. Send in a ticket to Support, giving them the basic details of what you said here.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm not too great with technology and computers and the like, so I wasn't exactly sure where to look for answers (and didn't want to bother Support unnecessarily). I've done as you suggested and sent a ticket in, and hopefully the problem will be resolved soon.