Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need help deciding on Crown Plants...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
Someone once told me that all Crown Plants replenish themselves; they 100% drop a seed of themselves at Elder.

Someone else once told me that only CERTAIN Crown Plants replenish themselves (like Pink Dandelions).

I am wondering which version is true?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have used crowns to buy the deadly helephant ears and the magma peas. I did not receive a seed from them at any time.

Pink Dandelions, King Parsley, and Silver Trumpet Vines often drop seeds but I am not sure if this is every time they are elder. Also, those are often found as drops, so if you are patient, you can get the seeds without spending crowns.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life Grandmaster Gardener

Hero
May 27, 2009
Certain special crown plants, like the Giving Tree, which was only available for a short time, don't give seeds. I don't think the Deadly Helephant Ears or Evil Magma Peas give seeds, but most other plants will give their seeds MOST OF THE TIME. You can encounter a plant which doesn't give you a seed during a harvest.

But, a lot of these same seeds are available as drops from enemies in the Spiral, so you'll get more through questing.