Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Requesting a favor.........

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Me and my friend just got our sub and we plan do 1v1 each other...... So yah, i was wondering as a pyromancer, does anyone no How to Defeat Ice?
Like Any combos or stratages

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Jeff,

Need to know what level your Wizard is (Level 60)?

Thanks,
Joe.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Hi well if you are level 60 if you have 3 power pips (only works if you keep getting power pips and the ice doesn't shield after you blade) so when you have 3 power pips fireblade then efreet next round for the weakness or damage cause they might shield but the weakness is awesome! The efreet needs to be enchanted with either Monstrous or Gargantuan Which can be boughten at District of the Stars or you can train for it. Although ice has... what? 37% resist for all schools? Well so what! If you have the gear I have on my fire you can solve this problem! This is the gear you will need; The boots are Dragonstalkers Level 58+ only Fire only. The cloak: Firestar Surcoat Level 56+ Any school. And last but probably the best is the hat: Volatile Headress Level 56+ Fire only. All together you will have 47% damage overpowering the resist ice has, 24% resist for ice and storm, 13% accuracy for fire, 140 critical rate for fire then 30 for the rest of schools, then 20 critical block for all schools! Oh I forgot Get a level 55+ wand that gives 30 critical rating, any one will do but if the ice does fire shield or something like that I would prefer a Fire level 55+ wand. Hope this helped! ~James Iceheart legend of all schools

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
jeffhardy1515 wrote:
Oh he is a lvl 59 now

Hi Jeff,

There is a lot to PVP, but since you have not been doing it alot, this is what I would suggest. Those that have not got down the timing of when to do when you need to do it, need to start out with the basics.

You need to start with Tower shields and Ice shields (-70), and use Treasure shields also. Your health is much lower, so you need to keep as much health as you can. Along with shields, you can use the -20 defensive card (I can't remember the name of it, the small ring around your base).
Second of all, use Infection to keep his health down low after you have attacked. So put these up when you can, plus the Balance -25 to attack spells Treasure card when you can.

Make sure you have the Life Amulet, as it will allow you to heal much faster.
It cost crowns, but for you being Fire, it will be worth it in the long run.
He will use Snow Angel, and as soon as it hits, be ready with a healing card.
You can counter the effect of Snow Angel, as it's a DOT spell.

Make sure to use your Fire Elf to keep his shields off.
Make sure to put your Fire Elf on Gargantuan.
Make sure to put your Effeet (sp?) on Gargantuan.
Put out a Feint, just before you hit with Effeet, and a hex if you can.
Use the best combo you can get to come up in your hand.
You want to boost your Effeet with your Power Ring and have extras in case he throws out his Ice Ring. Always watch the Center point of the Match, as if this is White, a Boost ring is out.
Make sure to boost yourself before Effeet with at least one Boost, and a Treasure boost if you can. You want to hit with Maximun damage each time.

Think out your Combinations before hand, knowing exactly what you need to take someone out with a life of 3750.
These are the basics, but it should give you enough to take out any Ice, imo.

Good luck,
Joe.
Joseph LionHunter.