Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp points so unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
why is it that when i pvp (rank) that the points are unfair
if i win a match i only get 5 points per match i win
and if i lose a match i lose over 20 points
bring my rank down

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
elmo94 wrote:
bring my rank down
Because a lower rank defeats you while they most likely wil not win so they get points say private vs sergeant or up, while when your a high rank and you win most of the time, and you defeat someone say private and your sergeant or higher, you only get the less amount of points because they lose most of the time so it was probably obvious you would defeat them. Hope this helped! ~James Iceheart Legnd of all Schools

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
elmo94 wrote:
bring my rank down

PvP was designed to make sure you have fun and be challenged. if your bad 1v1, try 4v4 bigger the team,the more likely you'll have a life student or a really strong guy.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
jmcjmc1 wrote:
elmo94 wrote:
bring my rank down
Because a lower rank defeats you while they most likely wil not win so they get points say private vs sergeant or up, while when your a high rank and you win most of the time, and you defeat someone say private and your sergeant or higher, you only get the less amount of points because they lose most of the time so it was probably obvious you would defeat them. Hope this helped! ~James Iceheart Legnd of all Schools

Yeah that's why as a private against a sergeant I lost 13 and as a corporal against a pvt I won 6. As a corperal against a private I loss 18 and as a pvt against a cpl I won 14. I'm am very confused about the point system at all it seems very broken.

I enjoy the challenge of fighting against other players but I fail to see any progression. I tried playing on one of my lower levels and have played 8 matches with 5 wins and 3 losses. My rank is private at 510 points. So with two wins over losses I am 10 points up. But I've lost at least 13 points when I lost and won as little as 6 so if I win 6 and lose 13 how do you progress?