Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Spiral School

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Long ago, before all schools were created, Bartelby and Grandmother Raven created the Spiral through a form of Magic no one ever knew about. This-this is the true sister-school to Balance, forming all the other schools, instead of being formed by all the other schools.

Sooooo... before anyone shoots the idea down saying "It's too much like Balance," please actually read the post.

So, Bartelby would be the teacher of this school, and he would train you in your spells. This school will be the "odd school", or the school that has only few things like the other schools, but it will take a bit from Death, Myth, Life, and Balance. Here's the first spell:

Ancient Power:

Affect: 100 damage, 50 damage and steal half, or 75 heal to a teammate or self.

Pip Cost: One.

Type: Damage, Steal, or Heal.

School: Spiral

Looks like: Three glowing orbs of energy appear, like pips, and they swirl around the enemy and cause the enemy to take damage, if casted as damage. If casted as a Steal, the power will form a ghost, then it will steal some energy and deal damage on the enemy. If casted as a heal, the orbs will start to glow and morph into pixies, which then sing and dance around the person casted on, and heal that person.

Level Required: No Level Requirements/You get it at level one when you begin playing after tutorial if you wish to do it.

Accuracy: 85%

Other Requirements: One training point if you are out of this school and/or it is your secondary school.

Here's the 2nd Spell:

Mind Control:

Affect: Make opponent cast a damage spell/negative affect on themselves.

Type: Manipulation

Looks Like: A distant Spiral appears, swirling around the opponent until he/she spins his/her head dizzily and then the person is forced to help you a round and damage himself/herself or cause a negative affect on himself/herself.

Level Required: 2

Pip Cost: Zero.

Other Requirements: You MUST be a Spiral Wizard as your first class.

Here's another:

The First Wizards:

Affect: Choose to heal a teammate or yourself for 400, deal 160 damage and steal 80 health, or deal a square 250 damage.

Type: Heal, Steal, or Damage

Looks Like: Pieces of Wizard City form together, and a Life Wizard, Myth Wizard, or Death Wizard will appear: Myth for Damage, Death for Stealing, and Life for healing. The Death Wizard will Polymorph into a Vampire and steal health, the Life Wizard will turn into a Treant and heal, and the Myth Wizard will change into a Troll and attack.

Level Required: 5

Pip Cost: 2

Other Requirements: If you are a wizard training this as a non-primary school, than you must pay a training point.

Next Spell:

Spiralblade:

Affect: +15% Spiral Damage over four rounds to self-only.

Type: Aura.Charm.

Ok, thank you all for your negative or positive comments. I ask KI not to delete the An Opposite to Balance? post, because of feedback....

Okay, so let us get back to the basic descriptions.

When the Titans were born, they needed to be... contained. Grandmother Raven and Grandfather Bartelby worked together to make three new heroes who could stop the emerging of a new dynasty of darkness. Three were born: Nature, Destruction, and Legend. They together were powerful enough to contain their brothers, and they rest in the deepest depths of the Spiral, lurking for things to save.

Not sure what I should call them yet. Please give me your thoughts on what they'd be called.

More Basic Descriptions:

Gemstone: Pearl

Colors: Green, Yellow, and Black.

Symbol: Spiral that has three things: a one-eyed Pyramid, a Skull, and a Leaf on it.

Also, to BLSKis1: I asked the Mods to lock an Opposite to Balance.

To chanieman: I don't think an Owl should teach a school, and the Level 28 spell, no way. It would be far too powerful.

Level 48 Pet: Angry Raven

Level 58 Pet: Grandmother Raven

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Can anyone give me some opinions, but DON'T say something sloppy like it is too much like Balance please?

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
the way i see it, it seems like a OPPOSITE of balance, because balance doesn't have any spirit attack, and the only spirit moves are the traps, blades, shields, and defuses. another reason is because krokotopia has three main areas, each one based off storm, fire, and ice. it would be cool though, that, if this school made it in the live game, they make a planet based off the spiral, myth, life, and death school, like a opposite of krokotopia.

--------------------------------------------------
whatever it is, it wasn't me--probably

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
Spiral... Oh i dont know. I would like to think... So far there isn't enough info, but looking at the supposed Spiritblade, which you implied is a aura... No I think you should look at your thing again. With all the grammer mistakes and a few other forms of mistakes like thinking a Charm is a Aura... Yeah!

I would have to hear more to come to a proper conclusion, so if you don't mind I would be more than happy to read more when you have the time, though; with such strange views i think it would be like your other idea about opposite of balance. It doesn't sound logical since Balance is the spiral itself. Why do you think Tower Shields have a spiral? Just for good looks? That is kinda why it is only one that blocks it. Now if you were to think of it in a proper perspective.

Opposite of Balance would be affected by all Shields 'BUT' towers. Also for your info balance has Myth, Death and Life(that i am saying here not in opposite) Balances have all of them.... You need to think of ideas like an idea i am working on which is other schools that could in essence have the 'Unbalance' Wizard by association of similar spells.

Why don't you come up with a school that doesnt exist yet? If it good enough KI i think would look into it. Once mine comes out I would enjoy your non-constructive criticism. XD I wish you luck since it is an idea and wish you the best 'period'. (Or was that 2 periods....oh well).

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
BLSKis1 wrote:
Spiral... Oh i dont know. I would like to think... So far there isn't enough info, but looking at the supposed Spiritblade, which you implied is a aura... No I think you should look at your thing again. With all the grammer mistakes and a few other forms of mistakes like thinking a Charm is a Aura... Yeah!

I would have to hear more to come to a proper conclusion, so if you don't mind I would be more than happy to read more when you have the time, though; with such strange views i think it would be like your other idea about opposite of balance. It doesn't sound logical since Balance is the spiral itself. Why do you think Tower Shields have a spiral? Just for good looks? That is kinda why it is only one that blocks it. Now if you were to think of it in a proper perspective.

Opposite of Balance would be affected by all Shields 'BUT' towers. Also for your info balance has Myth, Death and Life(that i am saying here not in opposite) Balances have all of them.... You need to think of ideas like an idea i am working on which is other schools that could in essence have the 'Unbalance' Wizard by association of similar spells.

Why don't you come up with a school that doesnt exist yet? If it good enough KI i think would look into it. Once mine comes out I would enjoy your non-constructive criticism. XD I wish you luck since it is an idea and wish you the best 'period'. (Or was that 2 periods....oh well).

Wow, really? You question me on my grammar? You didn't spell grammar, right, by the way, and there are multiple ways to separate words, like Aura.Charm, or Aura-Charm, or Aura-Charm, also I've made an Unbalance/Chaos school on this forum, so please, you had nothing of value in your previous post.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
mman17 wrote:
BLSKis1 wrote:

Wow, really? You question me on my grammar? You didn't spell grammar, right, by the way, and there are multiple ways to separate words, like Aura.Charm, or Aura-Charm, or Aura-Charm, also I've made an Unbalance/Chaos school on this forum, so please, you had nothing of value in your previous post.

considering balance is classified as the spiral school your actually wrong. Thats why Tower shield works against it....ever look at the symbol on it? I think you need to rethink your statement that i added nothing.

A new spell type called spiral would be same thing as balance....think about it before you jump on what i say. Also ill quote you here...
mman17 wrote:
Spiralblade:

Sorry, got to go again. Please comment on your likes and dislikes!

am i understanding that as a charm that is a blade or a aura that is a charm? if its a aura shouldnt it be Spiral Aura.....thats that part. Ill look back....catch ya later

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
BLSKis1 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
BLSKis1 wrote:

considering balance is classified as the spiral school your actually wrong. Thats why Tower shield works against it....ever look at the symbol on it? I think you need to rethink your statement that i added nothing.

A new spell type called spiral would be same thing as balance....think about it before you jump on what i say. Also ill quote you here...
mman17 wrote:
Spiralblade:

am i understanding that as a charm that is a blade or a aura that is a charm? if its a aura shouldnt it be Spiral Aura.....thats that part. Ill look back....catch ya later

Not taking your advice, sorry.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
mman17 wrote:
BLSKis1 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
BLSKis1 wrote:

mman17 wrote:
Spiralblade:

Not taking your advice, sorry.
thats your choice....but yeah....guess good luck(though you already said that you wanted a Moderater to destroy this....sigh....guess off to The Opposite of Balance'

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
i think gamma should teach the school, so you don't have frustrations like trying to get a new spell, but get too close and get sucked into the world tree

also, i have a idea for a minion:

spirit assist

summons a minion of death, life, and myth ( treant, ninja pig, and scarecrow

spiral only, quest at level 38

OK, more feedback.....
-------------------------------
each minion would have 250 health each, and each minion has a different function:

the treant would heal you, with spirit armor on you as a rare cast

the ninja pig would attack and charm, with feint as a rare cast

the scarecrow would taunt, shield, and steal, with vampire as a rare cast

the main thing is that it would spread out the battle, so that your opponents have more targets then you

pip cost: 5

accuracy: 80%

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
mman17 wrote:

To chanieman: I don't think an Owl should teach a school, and the Level 28 spell, no way. It would be far too powerful.

but still, i don't think that bartelby should teach the school, it would make the other schools look weak (the tree that created the universe as a professor? not a good idea) and still, you wouldn't want to get sucked in the world tree when trying to learn spells, would you? i didn't think so. and the same thing with the grandmother raven pet. also, i edited the minion card, and gave it more feedback.