Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Have you ever browsed through the Crowns Shop, looking for a mount, only to find that they don't suit your tastes? Have you ever went, "Wow. I wish Kingsisle released a Mount that matched with my school."? Well, after some thought on the different mounts, I came to this conclusion;

School Mounts.

The mounts are exactly as they sound; mounts for your school and your school only. Every school would have one, and the mounts would be based off of a card the school teaches.
The mounts themselves could be easily bought at the crown shop-- permanent only!-- for a certain sum of Crowns. (Haven't really decided on how much yet, sorry.) The minimum level for said mount would be level 20, and then the mount would be free for you to enjoy. Of course, with the mount, you gain the bonus of +40% speed, AND +10% for Accuracy, Strength, and Resistance to your own school.

Not only that; you also get an awesome mount!

Now, I have a few ideas for the school mounts.

Storm
After some time thinking, I instantly jumped towards the idea of 'Leviathan Mount'. But, as I continued thinking, I saw a few problems that would be unfair to other wizards. Why should one school have a level 58 spell mount, while all the other schools don't? Like I said; not fair.
So, I suggest a Storm Shark Mount. Imagine the Storm Shark from the fair in The Commons. It would look exactly like that.

Fire
Okay, now this one was truely challenging.
After some thinking (and a nice stroll around Ravenwood) I came to the conclusion that the only spells suitable for a mount would be Fire Cat or Sunbird.

Ice
For this school, I think that either Snow Serpent or Ice Wyvern would be appropriate.

Death
No ideas for this one. Sorry to all the Necromancers out there!

Myth
The only idea I could think of for this one was Bloodbat.

Life
Perhaps Centaur?

Okay, let me just state that this is a silly idea I thought of after staying up late on the computer. There are some problems with it, but I think it COULD be possible. Also, I am open to any suggestions, and would in fact be a BIG help. Thank you. :-)

Julia Thunderheart
Level 46 Diviner
Calamity
Level 6 Necromancer

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Necromancer - wing's of the bone dragon. Just not the bone dragon itself, it would be far too wide, like the griffon.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
random1self wrote:
Necromancer - wing's of the bone dragon. Just not the bone dragon itself, it would be far too wide, like the griffon.

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks. :D

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Maybe just horse mounts with a theme for each school. Fire, ice and lightning themes for the elemental schools, skeletal horse for death, unicorn and pegasus for life and myth. I'm a little stumped for a balance mount. Camel? Some other desert creature?

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
I got a great idea for MYTH! We conjurors could ride earthquake like we are surfing it but without a board just standing on it in stance mode pushing foward. Anyone like my idea

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Um for balance i think Hydra and um urm Death should be vampire maybe?
Another suggestion for life Satyr

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
gogirl1411 wrote:
Have you ever browsed through the Crowns Shop, looking for a mount, only to find that they don't suit your tastes? Have you ever went, "Wow. I wish Kingsisle released a Mount that matched with my school."? Well, after some thought on the different mounts, I came to this conclusion;

School Mounts.

The mounts are exactly as they sound; mounts for your school and your school only. Every school would have one, and the mounts would be based off of a card the school teaches.
The mounts themselves could be easily bought at the crown shop-- permanent only!-- for a certain sum of Crowns. (Haven't really decided on how much yet, sorry.) The minimum level for said mount would be level 20, and then the mount would be free for you to enjoy. Of course, with the mount, you gain the bonus of +40% speed, AND +10% for Accuracy, Strength, and Resistance to your own school.

Storm
After some time thinking, I instantly jumped towards the idea of 'Leviathan Mount'. But, as I continued thinking, I saw a few problems that would be unfair to other wizards. Why should one school have a level 58 spell mount, while all the other schools don't? Like I said; not fair.
So, I suggest a Storm Shark Mount. Imagine the Storm Shark from the fair in The Commons. It would look exactly like that.

Fire
After some thinking (and a nice stroll around Ravenwood) I came to the conclusion that the only spells suitable for a mount would be Fire Cat or Sunbird.

Ice
For this school, I think that either Snow Serpent or Ice Wyvern would be appropriate.

Death

Myth

Life
Perhaps Centaur?

Okay, let me just state that this is a silly idea I thought of after staying up late on the computer. There are some problems with it, but I think it COULD be possible. Also, I am open to any suggestions, and would in fact be a BIG help. Thank you. :-)

Julia Thunderheart
Level 46 Diviner
Calamity
Level 6 Necromancer

Why would we need school mounts?

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
mman17 wrote:

Why would we need school mounts?

We don't.
Some people might WANT them though.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
I'm kind of mad that you didn't include balance. I do like that other guy's idea of hydra, and scorpion would rock. How would we ride judgement? Sounds too complicated if you ask me.

Kyle Thundershard, Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
Not a bad idea. I like the Levathan Mount idea for storm school. For balance, I think it should be like a scorpion or hydra. Death, i think a skeletal horse would look awesome!
Sophia Stormheart
Grandmaster Diviner

Defender
May 27, 2010
I think these will be some good ideas:
Ice: a Snow Pegasus, like Snow Angels but not in looks cause it just looks creepy imo, but one with better animation
Fire: a Fire Dragon, I know there is the Dark RedWing but I think like a Dragon that looks like the Fire Dragon Spell
Death: Maybe a Miniature version of Skeletal Dragon(with a saddle, cause it would be uncomfortable with the bones and everything)
Balance: Ok I got nothing for Balance, sorry
Storm: Leviathan that slithers like a Serpent
Life: maybe Centaur like you said, seems to be the most suitable mount
Myth: an Orthrus, I would LOVE this as a Mount, who wouldn't?
I would love if these were made special School Mounts.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Gler88 wrote:
Maybe just horse mounts with a theme for each school. Fire, ice and lightning themes for the elemental schools, skeletal horse for death, unicorn and pegasus for life and myth. I'm a little stumped for a balance mount. Camel? Some other desert creature?

First to the OP, how could the bonuses work when you dismount in a fight? Plus it would mean that you need those mounts to compete with others who have school mounts.

I like this idea of school themed horses. It could be as simple as the star sun and moon horses that just have the design on the hind quarters. Or something like nightmare pet only based on the school. So the storm would have purple socks and mane maybe lightning in it's eye. Life would have a leafy mane and socks.

Maybe even combine the two? But at any rate mounts should have no other bonus or purpose but to move you faster around the map.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
While these are a good idea, I dont think this would be appropriate for some players with restrictions, out side of game. I have some friends that dont use membership but only use crowns to buy areas. ViceVersa I have a friend that can not purchase crowns, but just does the memberhship. Either way, the game is designed in a way that benefits either party. What I mean is that, you can have access to all the best gear with or without a membership. This would eliminate this. While the idea is good, I dont think the stat increases should be included (for fairness only).

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Defender
Dec 04, 2010
School mounts would be unfair. Mounts "disappear" in combat, so technically, there is no use for it in combat, so the =10% accuracy, strength, or resistance would really be silly.

Also, the people who aren't that school can't use them, and if they really want it, it wouldn't be fair.

We've already got many mounts. I don't think it would be much use.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
Blizzard49300 wrote:
I think these will be some good ideas:
Ice: a Snow Pegasus, like Snow Angels but not in looks cause it just looks creepy imo, but one with better animation
Fire: a Fire Dragon, I know there is the Dark RedWing but I think like a Dragon that looks like the Fire Dragon Spell
Death: Maybe a Miniature version of Skeletal Dragon(with a saddle, cause it would be uncomfortable with the bones and everything)
Balance: Ok I got nothing for Balance, sorry
Storm: Leviathan that slithers like a Serpent
Life: maybe Centaur like you said, seems to be the most suitable mount
Myth: an Orthrus, I would LOVE this as a Mount, who wouldn't?
I would love if these were made special School Mounts.

i agree totally with what you say about the fire school, who would want to ride a lame fire bird? for the balance school what about that girl who wears brown and has a cymbol or that nova card?

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
I thing making a storm shark or a scorpion would be relatively simple using the shark and lobster as a model.
I love the idea of skeletal dragon wings and there was once a black cat mount wasn't there?
The only thing i can think of that would work for myth is orthrus, or bloodbat wings(already have bat wings), though surfing an earthquake is AWESOME!!
Riding an Ice Wyvern would be cool, but on the back like horse or cat, or like seahorse?
Life I'm stumped, got the unicorn, maybey pixie or sprite wings?
Fire i gotta go with the firebird. Or firebird wings.
And for sun moon and star schools we could have heliopads lol

Explorer
May 28, 2009
how about instead of having 10% boost,you could get a special animation instead of a jump.Like for fire(firecat as an exp.)when you try to jump a fire bomb explodes !Or for storm(thundersnake exp.) a bolt of lightning fires into it's mouth. And you leave behind temporary marks.For fire(firecat exp.) burning pawprints are left behind.For storm(thundersnake exp.) a trail of electricuted ground is left behind(remeber both of these are temporary so they'll only stay for a few seconds).

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
for ice i was thinking icebird although it isn't a spell( a pet WITH the spell at adult )

Defender
May 31, 2009
Ideas (ding dong)

Death: Skeletal Horse (a horse made of bones and a mane of flowy darkness)

Life: Fairy Hedgehog (a green hedgehog with flowers growing out the side of it)

Myth: Uhm... Cerbeus I guess, nothing appeals to me in myth.

Ice: Amarok (giant ice wolf. a blue furred wolf with crystalline eyes)

Storm: Stormbird (giant metal bird with a phoenix look, but without the flames and plated in metal)

Fire: I got nothing. Firecat or a...
DUCK MADE OF FIRE! (lame i know i know)

Balance: Ghost Bull (giant ghost bull with horns and a mane made of wisps {like those ones in the commons and stuff} clumped together)

Thats all :)

If you would like to meet me in the Spiral, I'll be waiting! just give me a time and date (realm and place too no chiz)

Sabrina
Ice Wizard
Legendary Thaumaturge
Apprentice Gardener Rnk. 3

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
gogirl1411 wrote:

School Mounts.

Storm

Fire

Ice

Death

Myth

Life
Perhaps Centaur?

Okay, let me just state that this is a silly idea I thought of after staying up late on the computer. There are some problems with it, but I think it COULD be possible. Also, I am open to any suggestions, and would in fact be a BIG help. Thank you. :)

Julia Thunderheart
Level 46 Diviner
Calamity
Level 6 Necromancer

for myth would be a troll that would carry you like mungo in abracadoodle

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
kyky77 wrote:
I'm kind of mad that you didn't include balance. I do like that other guy's idea of hydra, and scorpion would rock. How would we ride judgement? Sounds too complicated if you ask me.

Kyle Thundershard, Grandmaster Sorcerer

judgement wings, maybe?