Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mysterious Musical Artist Composes Soundtrack

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
We are proud to announce that the soundtrack for our upcoming expansion world, Wintertusk, was composed by one of the hottest young musical talents in the entertainment industry. Over the course of several weeks we will provide hints about the composer’s identity, culminating in a final reveal timed to Wintertusk’s launch later this spring.

"This is a cool idea, because our mystery composer has a huge name in the music business but has never created music for a video game,” said J. Todd Coleman, vice president and creative director of Wizard101. “I’m really impressed by this artist's adaptability and talent. I think our players are going to be very surprised and totally blown-away."

To create the soundtrack for Wintertusk, the mystery artist composed seven original pieces of music, each representing a different facet of the upcoming epic storyline. Additional information about the world of Wintertusk can be found at https://www.wizard101.com/game/april2011.

Wintertusk continues the storyline that began in the icy world of Grizzlehiem, offering a variety of challenges for accomplished Wizards and fantastic rewards such as new spells, high-level pets and exclusive loot. For lower-level players the expansion brings back the underwater realm of Crab Alley, continuing the story of the Crab King, newly returned from his musical world tour.

Can you guess who I am?
Hint #1 - "I’ve performed on Saturday Night Live!"
Hint #2 - "My natural hair color is brown"
Hint #3 - "My gender is Male."
Hint #4 - "My eyes are not blue."
Hint #5 - "I’ve been on the Tonight Show, the Late Show and Late Night."
Hint #6 - "Some of the songs I’m currently listening to on my iPod are ADELE – Set Fire To The Rain, Fleetwood Mac – As Long As You Follow and Elisa Doolittle - Rollerblades"
Hint #7 - "I’ve been nominated for several awards"
Hint #8 - "You may also know me from TV or the big screen."
Hint #9 - "I’ve done a voice in a video game before."
Hint #10 - "I have siblings."
Hint #11 - "I play several different types of instruments."
Hint #12 - "I have a major Broadway production on my resume."
Hint #13 - "My favorite sport is baseball."
Hint #14 - "My dog has a famous name."
Hint #15 - "I'm a Yankees Fan."

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
Even though he isn't THAT young...(wouldn't call him old either) I hope its Matthew Bellamy, the lead singer of Muse. He is the closest "popular music" can get to being a composer. Most other "popular music" is junk in my humble opinion.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
oh after hearing a original composition from Jessarae it could be him

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
I change my guess. I'm pretty sure its Justin Timberlake after the second clue.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
it better not be who I think it is........oh wait it said 'My initials are not J.B.' as long as it's not Justin Bieber welcome new guy

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
after two hours scouring the internet for snl preformance records and using logic to narrow them down, i still have a VERY long list, but my best guesses are chris brown, ke$ha, or bruno mars. and guys plz note that justin beiber is still a possible artisit. technecally his initialls are jDb, note the middle name. oh wait, i dont think he was on snl, not really there style. phew, that was close.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
fearripper880 wrote:
i think its justin beiber

I agree, he was on SNL. I don't like him or his Music.
He comes off to me as a snotty kid, and thinks all girls should fall at his feet!
Personally, I rather it have been Phil Collins or Stevie Wonder. Now them 2 can produce good songs!

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Defender
Jul 13, 2009
If I were the myster composer I would be extremely offended by being called Justin Bieber.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
It'd be nice if we knew the gender of the mystery composer...

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Tommy Emmanual! Mike Shinona! Riahnna! Eminem! Lady Gaga! Tod Rugron! Anyone!

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Dorkface21 wrote:
Even though he isn't THAT young...(wouldn't call him old either) I hope its Matthew Bellamy, the lead singer of Muse. He is the closest "popular music" can get to being a composer. Most other "popular music" is junk in my humble opinion.

I totally agree. It said it can't be Justin Bieber, and I sighed with relief when I heard that. But I love Muse and hope it is Matthew though it probably isn't.

Blaze Thundertalon, Grandmaster Diviner lvl 56

Defender
Dec 08, 2010
ok not jb ( THANK YOU!!! ) hmmm. not to old, hmmm. justin timberlake?

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Yay it's not JB. I don't think Kingsile would torture us like that, though.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
shrukain wrote:
it better not be who I think it is........oh wait it said 'My initials are not J.B.' as long as it's not Justin Bieber welcome new guy

omg i am so relieved it is not J.B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
:D I think I know who it is. (Just a guess though)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
My daughter thinks you are Andy Samberg from Lonely Island!