Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

does lvl effect crafting?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
i have put off crafting for a while and now that CL is out crafting has soem realy nice items to get however i made and ice wizard and it has picked up crafting and is now lvl 32 and crafting in mooshu

my question is, im still in mooshu and after i do the crafting quest in mooshu will i be able to pick up the DS crafting quest even if im still in mooshu?

i can still go to DS thats not what i mean but will the quest be open to me, i mean does it have a lvl limit to it?

Historian
May 01, 2010
sagehyuuga wrote:
i have put off crafting for a while and now that CL is out crafting has soem realy nice items to get however i made and ice wizard and it has picked up crafting and is now lvl 32 and crafting in mooshu

my question is, im still in mooshu and after i do the crafting quest in mooshu will i be able to pick up the DS crafting quest even if im still in mooshu?

i can still go to DS thats not what i mean but will the quest be open to me, i mean does it have a lvl limit to it?

i am pretty sure that crafting can be done at any lvl, but its the gathering reagents that really need lvl, to go into the different worlds, but i suppose you can get on your higher lvl and gather them and put them in bank and trade them...

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Easy answer. Nope, you can do any quest you want after you finish the previous crafting quest. Your only problem is getting there to get the quest. Another issue is finding the right reagents in your current world. (ie, you can't find pearls anywhere but Celestia, so doing it's crafting quest in Marleybone may have some issues.) Other than that, you're good.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
sagehyuuga wrote:

I don't think it's a level issue until you get to CL. But you can only get the next crafting assignment by completing the previous one. On all my wizards, I did crafting as I progressed in each world. By the time I was on my third wizard, what I found helpful was this:

My 3rd wizard would get the crafting assignment and recipe upon entering Mooshu. But because my first 2 wizards are legendary, have the recipes already, and have access to all the worlds, they have already gathered most of the lotus flowers from Floating Land. I'm able to complete the crafting that same day - I collected my reagents already and just passed it down through the shared bank.

My 3rd wizard didn't pick-up the DS crafting assignment/ recipes until I finished Mooshu. (I suppose I could have - if I teleported to an upper friend for DS access.) But again, my other 2 wizards had the recipes for the next assignments in DS, so I gathered and transmuted as needed. There are quite a few sets of items to craft for DS, plus the bookshelf! By the time my 3rd wizard hit DS, I picked up the quests/recipes and was done quickly - even with some cool down periods.

Hope this helps...