Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Polymorphing advice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
With my first wizard, which I play with my friend, I never used my training points on any moon school spells because I didn't know if any of them were any good. I just went with the tried and true enchants and auras. My second character though, is a death school student and I want to solo the game with him. I am nowhere near Celestia yet but I'm going to save all my training points until I get to Celestia and then decide what to do with them.

Are polymorphs good for soloing or should I not bother with them. I know alot of the sun school enchantments wont work on my drain spells so I don't think I'll get too many of them, if any so thats why I'm wondering. Thanks in advance for your help.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Well, let me just tell you my experience. My first wizard is a Sorcerer, and as much as I love Balance now I hated it when I was leveling up (and I say this in the meaning of 'growing up') because I found it really hard to solo. It came to a point where I wouldn't progress unless I was working with someone else. When Celestia came and the Astral schools were introduced, I immediately was drawn to the Moon school. I don't know why, and frankly I don't care because I find it compliments my school perfectly. After I got the first couple of spells and realized how awesome the school is, I bought back my training points and now I practice Moon magic instead of taking on a secondary school. Now to answer your question: words cannot express how useful Moon magic is in solo combat; it's completely gotten me over my fear of soloing and I even defeated Helios because of the Moon school (and because I bought the Fire shields, but anyway...). As much as I recommend it, I'm not sure it works for as well for Necromancers. I say try it, but don't shoot me if Moon magic ends up being useless for you.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Death can benefit from the Treant Polymorph in my opinion. Not needed all that much, but a nice compliment. It has a high power pip %, health, and can heal....you can just semi-idle...heal and create powerpips. The first spell to cast is the one that gives the healing boost bubble, heal and collect power pips, and come out firing.

Historian
May 01, 2010
there is another way that morphs can help in battle (well saving you from walking around). if you think you are about to die, morph into one with preferably lower health than you, if your balance, then they might all be below your health, but anyway. if you die, you will regain the health that you lost when you morphed

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I have all the morphs except treant and colossus. I love them and they're great! My favorites are cat bandit and dracion. I use quite a bit because I am life and storm. They come in very handy. You can buy them from the archievest in Celestia if you want to try them out.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I keep Treant and Colossus in my deck (Fire Wizard). The Treant is for group situations were we would need healing, or someone gets defeated in battle and needs a heal before the match is over. The Colossus is a great addition to the Fire vs. Fire deck. Works wonders when the prisms run out and the npcs have ice shielded themselves too much.