Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Utility Enchantment Spell Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
So I love the idea of focusing a bit more on utility in the game instead of just raw damage. After playing on the test realm for a while (and after being extremely disappointed with myth's new utility spell ) I thought of an idea for giving spell the ability to amplify their utility or add a utility to a spell (like attacks). So basically they could add a trainable enchantment like gargantuan, but instead of just being for attack cards, this enchantment could be used on any card to buff or add an effect based on the utility.

The reason I think this would be a good idea is because I've noticed that almost everyone is training into gargantuan and just trying to end battles as quickly as possible with big hits before anyone can react. While I love the whole power option given by a trainable gargantuan, I think creating an enchantment card for utility side of battle would be very useful and add to the thought behind battles. (I've been reading the message boards a lot as well so I apologize if I am repeating anyone else or use anyone's idea, feel free to claim credit I'm just offering my view.)

So since I play a myth character mainly I decided to make a list of how this new enchantment would affect the cards provided for myth...

Blood Bat: normal attack and stun for one round.

Troll: normal attack and places myth trap on target.

Cyclops: normal attack and places myth blade on caster.

Humungofrog: normal attack and stuns all targets for one round. (costs 6 pips to cast after enchanted)

Minotaur: normal attack and places myth trap before second strike.

Earthquake: normal attack and effect but only removes enemy shields and charms, leaves traps and spells like weakness in tact.

Orthrus: normal attack and places myth trap before second strike.

Medusa: normal attack and stun for 3 turns. (3 turns could be a bit much so instead it could just not place a stun shield or something)

Myth Blade: places two myth blades on target.

Myth Trap: places two myth traps on target.

Ether Shield: also removes one trap from target.

Myth Shield: also places myth blade on target.

Subdue: costs no pips.

Mega Subdue: costs 1 pip.

Buff Minion: places an aura on minion that increases all damage by 40% for 4 rounds.

Shield Minion: places an aura on minion that reduces all damage received by 70% for 4 rounds.

Mend Minion: places an aura on minion that restores 350 health if the minion's health reaches 0, lasts for 4 rounds.

Siphon Health: sacrifice minion to restore 400 health to self and all allies. (costs 2 pips after enchanted. This could be an interesting way to give myth a heal for others even though it would only work in situations where they could have their minion out.)

Draw Power: grant 2 power pips instead of 2 normal pips. (costs 2 pips after enchanted)

Pierce: removes two shields from target.

Cleanse Ward: removes two traps from target.

Myth Prism: places two myth prisms on target.

Time of Legend: increases all myth damage by 50% instead of 25%. (costs 4 pips after enchanted)

Stun: stuns target for two rounds.

Blinding Light: stuns all targets for two rounds.

Golem Minion: becomes Blood Bat Minion after enchanted. (Blood Bat minion would cost 1 pip to summon and would have 100 health. It would cast natural attack [50 damage], myth blade, myth trap.)

Troll Minion: becomes Humungofrog Minion after enchanted. (Humungofrog minion would cost 4 pips to summon and have 500 health. It would cast natural attack [60 damage per pip], myth blade, myth trap, troll, cyclops, humungofrog.)

Cyclops Minion: becomes Cyclops General when enchanted. (Cyclops General would cost 5 pips to summon and have 800 health. It would have a 50% chance for a power pip each round. It would cast natural attack [70 damage per pip], myth blade, myth trap, pierce, cleanse ward, sprite, ghoul, cyclops, minotaur.)

Minotaur Minion: becomes Ninja Pig Minion when enchanted. (Ninja Pig minion would cost 6 pips to summon and have 800 health. It would have a 50% chance for a power pip each round. It would cast natural attack [80 damage per pip], myth blade, myth trap, sprite, cyclops, ninja pigs, spirit armor, tower shield, ghoul, taunt all.)

Vaporize: no clue ideas?

Shatter:...I'm not touching this, most disappointing utility spell I've seen. I mean maybe some people will use it but personally I've never once had trouble with enemy shields that couldn’t be solved with pierce or a multi hit attack. Myth is a minion school, it's new utility spell should have done something to make minions more appealing to use. I mean after pierce and earthquake, the last thing I wanted was another spell to remove shields that are already not a problem. I suppose some people might use this to let them use traps but honestly, what myth person uses traps except with medusa? I just feel 3 pips to remove a few shields that aren't doing anything to stop me seems useless. (btw feel free to refute this and tell me how awesome it is...I'd rather not hate it as much as I do.)

So anyways, these are my myth ideas. I hope anyone who managed to get through yet another of my extremely long posts was able to stay awake :-P .

Also, please leave comment and your own ideas for what the enchantment could do for the other schools spells. I think the utility effect should focus on the school's specific trait, so for myth I focused on minions.

I'll be sure to check back and post my own ideas for the other schools as well. Also, I hope KI at the very least looks at my ideas for new minions. The ones I mentioned above are pretty reasonable for the pip costs and they wouldn't dramatically affect the game. However they would still allow myth to have a use for minions again that could assist them in higher level areas and provide some utility of their own. (Sorry, I'm myth minion obsessed, and ninja pig minion would be awesomesauce :-D )