Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did not collect...... try again!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
Oh man! I thought I was the only one having this problem. Makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one riding the struggle bus.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Cathrine87 wrote:
I found that if you defeat them alone or work with a group and deliver the final blow, that you are more likely to collect the item your looking for.

-Cath

not so have been fighting for two days to get fuses from matons, life against life, don't have a problem fighting them but doing it for two days and have only one fuse. not too memtion had the same problem with the other water-maton quest gets old real fast :x

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
tsandefer wrote:
Im so tired of seeing that message every time i do a quest where i have to collect items.

For example: The bark collect from those trees on the floating land took me 30 TRIES to collect three bark. And now in the sience center where i have to collect three cogs from steam wincers: Well i defeated 20 of them so far and i only collect 2 OF THEM.

Please KI raise the drop rates!

Yes I agree, the difficulty for collecting items from enemies on streets is way too much.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
missey12345212 wrote:
An elixir would not solve this problem!

It will create much more argues! It will have none crown players keep asking and asking for the elixir. What we need to do is accept the fact and work as hard as you can. It will create more teamwork if we don't do anything about this matter. It will make you a stronger player. It will help you realize that you do need help at times!

Legendary Conjurer, James GiantGem-

Stop the catastrophe! We must work together Strong or Weak, Small or Large, Low level or High level. Stop the name calling!
i agree i think this topic should be locked its causing to much fighting who's right or wrong so plz wizard101 lock it i hate seeing our fellow wizards fighting

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
Ya I hate those kind of quest for example in Celestia I had a quest to recieve mosiac tiles or something but i have killed 15 of then and still have not collected one it is so stupid. :x

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
I agree, you know it's taken me 3 hours just to complete one out of 3 collect quest in Celestia? Please Kingsisle, heighten the drop rates, we all play Wizard101 to relax and have fun, to get away from the real world for a while. Not to groan and get angry because we can't collect an item.

On a sidenote: Enemies spamming weakness or casting it right before you're about to attack is very annoying. This is not challenging it is frusterating and I hope that is changed as well.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
oh my can people stop getting all mean about this kingsisle are trying to fix everything! can you give them a break they are working on problems people

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
I completely agree that the drop rates should be raised. I'm having problems with this in the Science Center. It takes forever, and after a while it's not fun anymore. I think that KI should focus more on keeping the game easy and still fun, but not too much challenge. Most people play this game because it is a fun and easy game. It's very entertaining and stress-free. That should be KI's goal, because when the game gets too hard, it's not fun and its more stressful. People like to win, it makes them feel good. When you keep losing and you're not able to complete quests, it makes you less happy. There of course needs to be some challenge, but there needs to be a right amount of it. Not too much, not too little, just right. That's what I think KI should really be working on. Constantly having to battle just to collect an item isn't very fun, and it makes the game somewhat boring or stressful when you keep having to do that.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I think the drops CAN be furstreating at times but a challenge is fun and the limit of nonfun is when you have to fight like 50 but if they made it easy enough that you will get it every time you will skip though cl so quick you will be finished with it in a second. and of course that sounds good it's really not. it like in those movies when the kid will wish they were adults then realize their just not ready and they have to search for some magical gem or something to get back. In wizard101 you wont be finding a magical gem you'll be pressing the " NEW " button to make another character and that will take what, about a year part of the fun of being a legend is looking back at all the fun moments you had in cl and you cant do that if you skimed though it in one day. I think ki should increse the drop rate for quest by about 5% or 7% percentat the most remember you are paying REAL money for wizard101 so it will just be a waist if you dont have fun.

p.s i kinda in a wise mood so ill put this last sentence in there

that money is for college not for un- fun games

not that wizard101 is un-fun Wizard101 is AWESOME! :D :D

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
tsandefer wrote:
Im so tired of seeing that message every time i do a quest where i have to collect items.

For example: The bark collect from those trees on the floating land took me 30 TRIES to collect three bark. And now in the sience center where i have to collect three cogs from steam wincers: Well i defeated 20 of them so far and i only collect 2 OF THEM.

True. True. :?

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
I am an adult and I am VERY frustrated when it says did not collect try again. I have been trying to collect stone from Rubble Rousers and after 68 times I have 1 stone. The drop rates are excessive...not fun anymore! I have been playing games since the early 80's and nothing is this difficult. Please lower the drop rates, or else I am quitting!

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
Tarlac38 wrote:
I am an adult and I am VERY frustrated when it says did not collect try again. I have been trying to collect stone from Rubble Rousers and after 68 times I have 1 stone. The drop rates are excessive...not fun anymore! I have been playing games since the early 80's and nothing is this difficult. Please lower the drop rates, or else I am quitting!

I'm also an adult, and have never played a game with quests this tedious! I get so angry in Celestia that I have to just stop playing for a few days and let myself cool off before I try again. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, and it's one of the best MMOs I've ever played. But seriously, has KingsIsle seen all these posts? They really need to listen to their customers on this one. It's like I'm paying the monthly fee just to finish one quest!

Shelby Stormblossom Lvl 53 Necromancer

Survivor
May 30, 2010
I absolutely agree. Its annoying. I got so mad I went and finished Grizzlehiem and Wintertusk xD
I am now level 59 and I need to go back to Celestia to be a legendary but I hate these drop rates. It took me a week to finish one quest.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I got all the way to the first few quests in Science Center and walked away with my highest level she can be Life Wizard months ago. I started a new wizard to go back to when the game was more casual family fun over being gamer fun - I mostly left the Life wizard on back burner and when I did sign on helped anyone who asked for it but did not do any quests. I was not loosing but I was not winning either and got tired of it so rather then cancel membership I started a new wizard. This week after the long break I went back - I spent all afternoon into the late evening completing the quests that involved Water Matons, keep in mind I can gain no experience from these long drawn out quests. I got to solo, play in groups, talk to others who were having same problem etc. Clearly after the first 10-15 fights of the same mob it is no longer a challenge now it's boring. Again exit CL for a few more months and work on getting other Wizards to level 50 and rinse and repeat so I can go back to when the game was fun for me. Currently working on getting all wizards to level 25, I do like the new Wysteria a lot and more my ideal game play.

Wizard 101 is actually the first game I really ever played because in the beginning it is not fast paced, not timed, I could figure it out and could play with family - they dropped off at Mooshu, accept for one, and do not play any more as most of my friends have, if they are still members they just socialize and get in trouble, most are just free play now.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
rofl this happened to me o. o even though i am not i repeat not in celestia )mb o. o side quester XD) i never accept those quests ANYMORE!! it very annoying o. o

- Destiny DeathBlood Lvl 30 magus death (it's obvious because of name XD)

still in mb o. o (Chelsea court potbelly, nobody will help me o. o)

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I'm sick of this message!!! I'm trying to get 4 bottles of sealant from Crustacean Pincers and i defeated a bunch on test, but i only got, none!!!!

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
Oh celestia, i hated when they always do that with me and it would make me angry all the time. It really sounding like it's teasing you by saying ( Try Again) it's like if you try collecting whatever for a quest prepare your self for Try Again!

Hints,

. These quest might take a few days or hours depending how much you play on Wizard101

.If you have friends on, let them join you ( besides low levels i recomend getting someone thats level 50 )

. Move on to the side quest! if you are aiming for sidequest your best option is to move onto another quest and save that one for later

Fred MistHunter
Level:60
School:Fire

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
It is not easy, but it is not hard either. On my quest to defeat piscean guys who have 1310 hp, it took me only 2 tries

Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
tsandefer wrote:

I know it's annoying...