Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did not collect...... try again!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
I agree with you. I'm also sick and tired of seeing that sign that appears on the screen. I mean why would it ever do that? It took like a lot of monsters to fight until I got what I needed. Just saying. Lol.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I agree with the insane low rate of dropped items - specifically, with the Waverunners in CL. I was a level 49 Myth (all I had to do was get the 3 items from the Waverunners to level and get new gear :) ), but I had to fight AT LEAST 20 of them. It wasn't so much hard (at times), as it was tedious: summon minion, have minion use taunt, save up to use Orthrus. Please, KI! raise the drop rates so we might be able to enjoy all that the grand new world has to offer.

Timothy Dreamheart

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
tsandefer wrote:
Im so tired of seeing that message every time i do a quest where i have to collect items.

For example: The bark collect from those trees on the floating land took me 30 TRIES to collect three bark. And now in the sience center where i have to collect three cogs from steam wincers: Well i defeated 20 of them so far and i only collect 2 OF THEM.

Please KI raise the drop rates!
You are so right! When I was doing one of the first quest for celestia, I had to collect 3 things and it took me 7 times, to collect ONE! They make this way to hard and long! If anyone wants to find me on the site, I'm JackDuskEyes

JackDuskEyes lvl 51 necromancer

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
ashbuggs888 wrote:
I completly agree. I understand that KI wants to raise the drop rates with each world to increase difficulty... but this is INSANE! What I think they should do, is create an exilir that increases drop rates for sale in the Crown Shop. It would solve everything!

-Ashley Mythblade Legendary Socerer

great idea! :) :-) :D

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
missey12345212 wrote:
An elixir would not solve this problem!

It will create much more argues! It will have none crown players keep asking and asking for the elixir. What we need to do is accept the fact and work as hard as you can. It will create more teamwork if we don't do anything about this matter. It will make you a stronger player. It will help you realize that you do need help at times!

Legendary Conjurer, James GiantGem-

Stop the catastrophe! We must work together Strong or Weak, Small or Large, Low level or High level. Stop the name calling!

uh dude srsly what if we try 100 times and only have one blah blah whatever quest to collect something i think the elixir is a good idea

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
ShadowSword999 wrote:
tsandefer wrote:
Im so tired of seeing that message every time i do a quest where i have to collect items.

For example: The bark collect from those trees on the floating land took me 30 TRIES to collect three bark. And now in the sience center where i have to collect three cogs from steam wincers: Well i defeated 20 of them so far and i only collect 2 OF THEM.

ya its bad for me too i am in science center and i did manage to get past steam winchers but now i am fighting like a million water-matons its like ridicoulus! i have had four quests that have those guys! :x :x

ya i know i hated that those quest with water-matons they never drop the stuff you need for the quest you doing :x :x

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I agree, but think of it, if it is close to the end/gives you high EXP, theres gotta be a catch. I dont think you can just beat them and get them, think of it

1. If it has Little Collection it must be hard

2. If it has high EXP, it must be hard

3. If it is close to the end of Celestia, it must be hard

4. If it has high rewards, is must be hard

5. If it is close to the end of a Section it must be hard

6. If it is close to a boss, it must be hard!

Come on people, its Celestia, porobobly the fifth to last world, it might get tougher as they make new worlds!

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
I agree

Celestia gets me mad at Collect Quests It takes you months weeks and days just to collect i have 3 wizards in celestia a death life and my storm is in the crab empire

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
Something interesting about the DROPS... when something does drop i noticed lately that the item you are looking for (waiting for) is almost never for the school you are - which is frustrating enough. I am fire but if the final blow to the boss is a storm spell or a life spell then the item you are waiting for seems to be for the school that deals the final blow... ok, interesting enough but there seems to be a LOT of fire creatures in both DS and Celestia. If I am dueling more than one (fire) creature then I morph to Storm and the final blow will earn me something for that school... The "...try again" is very annoying, especially if you do not have time to sit for hours to get a difficult quest done (like collect 8 items). I often have to leave the quest to return to it later... art imitates life at times but I do not log-in to Wizard101 to play an emulation to one of life's most unappealing lessons. The game-play is very challenging, especially going solo, but there really should be a limit to the "... try again."

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH! I had 37 battles. 37 BATTLES! And not one of the things I'm looking for. KI please improve drop rates.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
I know! Like it took me like 20 times to just get one and most of the battles they critical with icezilla and ice kraken! KI please change this or at least lower the clawcutters critical

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I have a friend from World of Warcraft that I got started playing with me. We have been playing about a month and just reached CL about 2 days ago. The drop rates on these quests has been so annoying, he has decided he probably won't renew his membership for another month for us to max out our wizards.

This makes me a little sad, since this is the highest I have ever played one of my wizards. I also play with my kids, but their attention span is shorter the harder things get, so I was looking forward to finally getting to the end. This is beyond frustrating. It doesn't make it more challenging, it makes it more monotonous and boring.

But if it will be staying this way, I guess he will be going back to WoW. We also play Aion, Rift and a few other games together. This one WAS just the one we played for fun and laughs and pure enjoyment. Oh well! :(

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
It doesn't matter where in the spiral you are... it's frustrating trying to collect (even more so when friends aren't on and you have to take the enemies in 2s and you need to collect 10 things!)

My Ice is currently in the Crystal area in DS and trying to collect from spiders... I wish I would get it already!

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
ya KI please raise the item drops it's really annoying to try again especially when I'm facing a hard creature

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I hate it when it does that. Hate, hate, hate-y hate hate! It is annoying no matter where you are! Until some one changes it, though, just deal with it.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Man, i think the worst part about collecting for me in celestia is collecting that paste or whatever from those ice crab guys in the grotto. Even though i only needed four, it was a pain! Sometimes, I was near death one time with them and after, i got nothing, which made me really angry. But yeah, it's frustrating for me, too.

~ Samantha Nightblossom, Level 60, Legend Theurgist

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
samueljameslee wrote:
kellkan wrote:
tsandefer wrote:

That happens to me too! Sometimes, if you do it with a friend in a long battle, you get the drops quicker!

~Kelly
The life wizard

That isn't entirely true, because if your friend defeats the monsters, he or she will either get the thing that they are collecting with you (like if you are on the same quest) or neither of you will get anything at all (if only you have the quest.) However, if you defeat a certain amount of them, then there is a chance of you getting the amount that you defeated. Actually, I am going to try that now. :D Wish me luck, and I hope that this helped.

Samuel Icebreaker, level 53 (for now) thaumaturge.

Ya good luck samuel. :D

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
frostsnow123 wrote:
tsandefer wrote:

You are so right! When I was doing one of the first quest for celestia, I had to collect 3 things and it took me 7 times, to collect ONE! They make this way to hard and long! If anyone wants to find me on the site, I'm JackDuskEyes

JackDuskEyes lvl 51 necromancer

Jack I could help u maybe not idk just look for me i might be on my life wizz

Noah Winterwalker

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
man3100 wrote:
ashbuggs888 wrote:
I completly agree. I understand that KI wants to raise the drop rates with each world to increase difficulty... but this is INSANE! What I think they should do, is create an exilir that increases drop rates for sale in the Crown Shop. It would solve everything!

-Ashley Mythblade Legendary Socerer

great idea! :) :-) :D

I'm with ya! :-)

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
Ok Report this to KI. Log out thne back in. Talk to the person who gave you the quest. sry if this did not help :[

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Drops rates need to go up, I agree.

But KI also needs to give us different quests besides battle and collect. The second Section of Celestia was the quickest and easiest part of the world for me. It had few battle and collect quests and more defeat x number of enemies, though Dragonspyre has a ton of those. I can do that. I can fight 5 enemies. Heck, I fight 10 times that number just to get 1 thing in a defeat and collect quest!

So in short, please make the drop rates go up and give us a better variety of quests

Thank you.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
the way i see it is if kingsisle was to make it to where you could go thrue the game really fast and collect what you need when you need it you wont have time to enjoy the full effects of the game.
also you wont stop and see all the beoutiful art work and creation that goes into making a kid friendly game that teaches as well as enhances your mind.
i too get mad sometimes at the drop rate but i calm down and try a diffirent stratagy and rethink my moves and then i get it and move on.
i have six cats. going thrue this game and and two are legendary one is grandmaster and so on.
with each cat. i enjoy something diffirent every time.
sorry about the spelling i need to go and enhance my mind some more
thank you
wolf wildtail pryomancer

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
orion2006 wrote:
the way i see it is if kingsisle was to make it to where you could go thrue the game really fast and collect what you need when you need it you wont have time to enjoy the full effects of the game.
also you wont stop and see all the beoutiful art work and creation that goes into making a kid friendly game that teaches as well as enhances your mind.
i too get mad sometimes at the drop rate but i calm down and try a diffirent stratagy and rethink my moves and then i get it and move on.
i have six cats. going thrue this game and and two are legendary one is grandmaster and so on.
with each cat. i enjoy something diffirent every time.
sorry about the spelling i need to go and enhance my mind some more
thank you
wolf wildtail pryomancer

That does not help me, or possibly anyone. :x

Ryan Moonshield level 50 death

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
sparky123292a wrote:
I agree, but think of it, if it is close to the end/gives you high EXP, theres gotta be a catch. I dont think you can just beat them and get them, think of it

1. If it has Little Collection it must be hard

2. If it has high EXP, it must be hard

3. If it is close to the end of Celestia, it must be hard

4. If it has high rewards, is must be hard

5. If it is close to the end of a Section it must be hard

6. If it is close to a boss, it must be hard!

Come on people, its Celestia, porobobly the fifth to last world, it might get tougher as they make new worlds!

I think this is accurate with. I have the 2 and 6 thing going on. I hate Wave runners. And I have to disagree with the last world thing. I believe its KI's most sucessful project and still going strong. Not to mention the revenue they are getting.

You know when I played Pirates Online there was NO challenge. Maybe once and the main quest was short. Wizard 101 has challenges and its fun. But I think it went over board with Celestia or the waverunners. But at least you can collect them.

Aaron Winterriver
Level 53 Grandmaster Thaumturge

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
UGH! Same here! I am still on that crab quest in cl where you have to kill those crabs!! GRRRRR I am starting to hate cl now xD