Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did not collect...... try again!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 29, 2009
Im so tired of seeing that message every time i do a quest where i have to collect items.

For example: The bark collect from those trees on the floating land took me 30 TRIES to collect three bark. And now in the sience center where i have to collect three cogs from steam wincers: Well i defeated 20 of them so far and i only collect 2 OF THEM.

Please KI raise the drop rates!

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
tsandefer wrote:
Im so tired of seeing that message every time i do a quest where i have to collect items.

For example: The bark collect from those trees on the floating land took me 30 TRIES to collect three bark. And now in the sience center where i have to collect three cogs from steam wincers: Well i defeated 20 of them so far and i only collect 2 OF THEM.

Sometimes it only works if you fight them where they are labeled on the map.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2010
I completly agree. I understand that KI wants to raise the drop rates with each world to increase difficulty... but this is INSANE! What I think they should do, is create an exilir that increases drop rates for sale in the Crown Shop. It would solve everything!

-Ashley Mythblade Legendary Socerer

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
An elixir would not solve this problem!

It will create much more argues! It will have none crown players keep asking and asking for the elixir. What we need to do is accept the fact and work as hard as you can. It will create more teamwork if we don't do anything about this matter. It will make you a stronger player. It will help you realize that you do need help at times!

Legendary Conjurer, James GiantGem-

Stop the catastrophe! We must work together Strong or Weak, Small or Large, Low level or High level. Stop the name calling!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
It is becoming pretty exhausting fighting crustacean waverunners, the ice dudes with 1700 health. Oh my goodness they are so vicious! Starting with 3 power pips they only hit with kraken frostzilla and frost bit spells. It's a wonderful challenge but truly exhausting. Fought 18 and only have 2 of 3 algae pieces. Too difficult to have such a low drop rate. I was knocked out 4 times in two fights yesterday.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
I too am tired of fighting so many enemies for just a few items. KI corrected this problem in Dragonspyre. They should also do the same for Celestia. Its very tedious and monotonous. It seems they do this for every new world. Come on. Allow us to get the items quickly and move on.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
It does get tiresome. To make it more efficient, BWildheart has a guide to stacking collections at Wizard Central. What that means is if you defeat something, it could be collected for more than one quest and if you did not collect for one quest, perhaps you collected something for another quest. It makes going through Celestia faster and more fun.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
It is becoming pretty exhausting fighting crustacean waverunners, the ice dudes with 1700 health. Oh my goodness they are so vicious! Starting with 3 power pips they only hit with kraken frostzilla and frost bit spells. It's a wonderful challenge but truly exhausting. Fought 18 and only have 2 of 3 algae pieces. Too difficult to have such a low drop rate. I was knocked out 4 times in two fights yesterday.

I totally agree with you! I absolutely HATE fighting CL ice guys! They not only have insane health, but they cast tower shields very frequently, which annoys me half to death. Plus they shouldn't be casting Icezilla and Ice Kraken. This makes them have not only the most defenses, but the most attack capability as well. Please KI eliminate their use of storm spells!

Blaze Thundertalon, Grandmaster Diviner lvl 57

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I agree.

I'm not in celestia yet, I'm still in mooshu but its still pretty frustrating.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
Survivor
Nov 04, 2010
tsandefer wrote:

ya its bad for me too i am in science center and i did manage to get past steam winchers but now i am fighting like a million water-matons its like ridicoulus! i have had four quests that have those guys! :x :x

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
tsandefer wrote:

That happens to me too! Sometimes, if you do it with a friend in a long battle, you get the drops quicker!

~Kelly
The life wizard

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
I really feel bad for you as it happens to me very frequently. One instance is when I was trying to collect weapons in stormriven to figure out it was a side quest. With this quest I spent about a whole week trying to get one of the three weapons I needed. I really do think Kingsisle has taken it too far with the drop rates in Celestia. PLEASE Kingsisle make the drop rate in Celestia easier

Sincerly
Aaron Deathflame
Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
May 02, 2009
That same bug on that same quest (the trees' bark) is happening to me at this moment! I am ice, so it is very hard to defeat them! My ice specialty of 3,000 health isn't helping! How do I fix this?! Help! :(

-Samuel Icebreaker, level 53 (for now) thaumaturge.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I found that if you defeat them alone or work with a group and deliver the final blow, that you are more likely to collect the item your looking for.

-Cath

Survivor
May 02, 2009
kellkan wrote:
tsandefer wrote:

That happens to me too! Sometimes, if you do it with a friend in a long battle, you get the drops quicker!

~Kelly
The life wizard

That isn't entirely true, because if your friend defeats the monsters, he or she will either get the thing that they are collecting with you (like if you are on the same quest) or neither of you will get anything at all (if only you have the quest.) However, if you defeat a certain amount of them, then there is a chance of you getting the amount that you defeated. Actually, I am going to try that now. :D Wish me luck, and I hope that this helped.

Samuel Icebreaker, level 53 (for now) thaumaturge.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
samueljameslee wrote:
kellkan wrote:
tsandefer wrote:

~Kelly
The life wizard

That isn't entirely true, because if your friend defeats the monsters, he or she will either get the thing that they are collecting with you (like if you are on the same quest) or neither of you will get anything at all (if only you have the quest.) However, if you defeat a certain amount of them, then there is a chance of you getting the amount that you defeated. Actually, I am going to try that now. :D Wish me luck, and I hope that this helped.

The more enemies you fight the increased chance you have of getting the item you are looking for (quest or drop items). So the more friends you bring with you, is always better than going alone. All group members can receive four collectibles each, instead of a maximum of two, if you were fighting alone. The random generator can also give the goal complete to one person while others receive nothing. It is really random and there is no trick to get an increased chance of drops. Wizards do not "share the loot" to speak. Each person gets a random roll for each enemy they fight. So if you fighting four you get four random rolls, versus the normal two rolls by yourself.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
I Am with you on this one. I have this quest where I have to collect 3 algae so I can get to the stellarium,(sp?)but I have defeated them 10 times and I have not collcted one piece of algae. I'm not sure about everyone else but I am getting really frustuated with this. Good luck to everyone with a collect quest.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
kingurz wrote:
samueljameslee wrote:
kellkan wrote:
tsandefer wrote:

~Kelly
The life wizard

The more enemies you fight the increased chance you have of getting the item you are looking for (quest or drop items). So the more friends you bring with you, is always better than going alone. All group members can receive four collectibles each, instead of a maximum of two, if you were fighting alone. The random generator can also give the goal complete to one person while others receive nothing. It is really random and there is no trick to get an increased chance of drops. Wizards do not "share the loot" to speak. Each person gets a random roll for each enemy they fight. So if you fighting four you get four random rolls, versus the normal two rolls by yourself.

And also, there are some quests where no matter how many monsters you fight, you always either get one or none of what you are looking for.

Samuel Icebreaker, level 53 (for now) thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Its just downright rediculous. How developers think this makes the game fun is mind-boggling. I finally made it to celestia and it is everything but fun. The world looks nice but the repetitiveness is BORING. Everthing in celestia is collect, collect collect. And when you do go to collect all you get is DID NOT COLLECT, DID NOT COLLECT, DID NOT COLLECT.

I'm on the verge of cancelling my subscription. I would like to continue on with the story but the aggravation makes it not worth it. Isn't a game suppose to be fun? Way to ruin a great game... I have played many MMO's and developers always find a way to ruin their game.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
I made a new wizard the other day to help my sis and realized that throughout all the worlds us wizards encounter this problem i was killing rotten fodders and kept saying did not collect try again plz consider looking at this KI.

Wolf ThunderBlade
Master Diviner

Explorer
Sep 02, 2009
I have the same issue for fighting crustacean shellbreakers! i fought litterly 23 and only collected TWO out of three items i need for the quest!

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I know. I remember Edward Kitchen gave me a quest telling me to defeat Crustacean Shellbreakers and collect weapons in the Survey Camp, it took me 20 tries to collect 3 of them! :?

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I finally got the bark from the junglethorn, but I had to defeat them somewhere different. Don't start a battle right beside Cuoroscade (I think that's his name.) You need to go to the battle circle not right beside him, and not very far away from him. It's in the area of The waterfall guy, and it is right beside the closest battle circle. The right battle circle is between the close one and the very far one. I apologize if this is a little misleading.

Samuel Icebreaker, level 54 (I leveled up!) thaumaturge.