Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Give enemies unique spells. PLEASE!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Every death school enemy seems to cast vampire, whether they are the type of creature that should be able to summon vampires or not.

Every ice school enemy, fire school enemy, storm school enemy all use the same elf spells.

Every... I think you get the idea. The worlds are designed to be unique, with interesting and unusual creatures on them but when just about everything casts the same stuff no matter what world you're on, and far too many of the enemies are just buffed up versions of lower level worlds, it begins to simply feel like you're just doing the same thing over and over and over and ...

Please, KI, do a redesign of the game. Leave the existing spells for the player wizards of those schools. Give the enemies moves that are unique to the sort of creature they are. There are a FEW that have unique moves now. For instance, the rat magician, or some of the kroks. That's a good start. But it's not enough by far. Getting a new world to play in is nice, but please consider a redesign of the existing worlds as well.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
tanda1 wrote:
Every death school enemy seems to cast vampire, whether they are the type of creature that should be able to summon vampires or not.

Every ice school enemy, fire school enemy, storm school enemy all use the same elf spells.

Every... I think you get the idea. The worlds are designed to be unique, with interesting and unusual creatures on them but when just about everything casts the same stuff no matter what world you're on, and far too many of the enemies are just buffed up versions of lower level worlds, it begins to simply feel like you're just doing the same thing over and over and over and ...

Please, KI, do a redesign of the game. Leave the existing spells for the player wizards of those schools. Give the enemies moves that are unique to the sort of creature they are. There are a FEW that have unique moves now. For instance, the rat magician, or some of the kroks. That's a good start. But it's not enough by far. Getting a new world to play in is nice, but please consider a redesign of the existing worlds as well.

So... you want a complete rehaul of the game just because enemies can cast the same spells that we can..? That makes about as much sense as walking ten miles to work because you don't feel like driving or taking a bus.

The fact that enemies can cast the same spells we can is easier on us and the game. If each and every enemy type had a different unique spell set and animation set, do you know how large the game patch would be, how long it would take to load, and how slow it would be once it DID load?

If you're talking about each enemy having their own move that wizards can't use, they have that. It's called their natural attack. But giving each enemy type their own moveset and cards and animations is too much. Things are perfectly fine as they are; there's no need to fix something that's not broken.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
It annoys me so much when people complain about this. Why should they spend months brainstorming, designing, and creating more natural attacks (cuz that's basically what you're asking for) for monsters and completely stop working on the projects they're working on now (cuz they can't do both at once) just because you're "bored"?

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
so for example a high death enemy in celestia could cast skeletal dragon is that what your trying to say? cause if it is i like it

Survivor
Jan 25, 2011
tanda1 wrote:

then enemies like the ones in celestia or dragonspyre would just have to load up on pips traps and buffs and blast us with one high lvl spell

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
With the way KingIsle regards players' issues with game mechanics, that won't ever change. Never.

I only imagine how the new world ends up, and hhonestly dont even care for wanting to play it.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
With the way KingIsle regards players' issues with game mechanics, that won't ever change. Never.

I only imagine how the new world ends up, and hhonestly dont even care for wanting to play it.

I really hope I misinterpretted what you said, because if I didn't, that has to be THE most ignorant comment I have seen on the message boards in a long time...

Kingsisle cares about its players, that's for certain. If KI didn't care, Prof. Greyrose and Zeke wouldn't be here, giving player helpful advice about their problems. If they didn't care, they wouldn't fix the bugs that are wreking our gaming experience. If they didn't care, they wouldn't change spells or fix enemies.

Secondly, this is NOT a game mechanic. This is a (no offense to the OP) far-fetched idea that'd be too much work with little to show for it. The spells that enemies cast is not making anything wrong with the gameplay.

You're right about one thing: this probably won't be changed. Because it doesn't need to be changed. I rest my case.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Two words: Um, why?
I'm pretty sure most people think the game is fine how it is.