Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Basic Pet Questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I am a level 41 and just started playing again after a year away. During this past year, lots of things have changed :D

I am a Life Wizard and my pet (that I had from last year) is a ghost.

Here are my questions

1. I started to play those games to level the ghost up. How can I tell what his powers will be when he becomes an adult?

2. Is the ONLY way to level him up is by playing those games?

3. Is it better if I had a pet from the life school?

4. Is there any way that I can find out a list of attributes for each pet?

5. Is the only way to morph a pet is by buying another one also?

6. Is there any way to feed the pets outside of doing the games?

Thank you for your help!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Will do my best to answer.

1. There is no way to know what talent your pet will manifest at any given age. It is all random.

2. Yes. Playing the pet mini games is the only way to level up a pet.

3. The school of the pet does not matter. Just pick a pet that has talents beneficial to you. Such as Damage, resists, cards, and other boosts. Sometimes a school specific pet gives damage and resist to that school. By mixing pets you can change the stats of a pet, although the talents passed to offspring is random.

4. Will only say do an internet search. You may find this on another site.

5. Not sure what you mean by morph. Certain pets when mixed do create a hybrid. You can find a list of these on fan sites.

6. No. The only way to feed the pets is through the mini games.

I hope this answered most of your questions.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
BEACHIN wrote:
I am a level 41 and just started playing again after a year away. During this past year, lots of things have changed :D

I am a Life Wizard and my pet (that I had from last year) is a ghost.

Beachin,

I had the same experience as you (away from the game awhile), so I know what's its like. I'll give your questions a shot:

1.) You can't tell what your pets powers will be. They are random. You can increase the success of certain abilities through hatching, but normal pet leveling is random. Some pets will only get certain abilities.

2.) Yes. Some dropped and crown bought pets come at higher levels than baby, but that is the only way to level them up (besides snacks which make the process faster).

3.) Not necessarily, depends on what you what your pet to do for you.

4.) In your book, under the piggle icon, is all the current stats for your pet. Wizard 101 fan sites can tell you what possible stats your pet can have.

5.) No, you don't have to buy another to morph/change it. If you hatch with another wizard's pet, it may change. But that really depends on IF the pet will even morph or not. Most pets do not. However, hatching in of itself is expensive.

6.) No, snacks can only be applied after a pet game. However, there are multiple ways to obtain snacks.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I have another answer for number 4. Try wizard 101central.com and look under the wiki. There is a pet section there that can help you out!
3. I recemmend getting an imp, unicorn, or a life banshee. The imp has life proof which can help resist on life attacks. The life banshee comes with a card and trap when it reaches adult. I also recemmend a brown spider even though it is a death pet it gives a life healing circle and a card at adult.
My life/storm wizard is a pet collector and I've trained up all sorts of pets to adult that are not my school. My life banshee is one of my best pets because I ended up getting the best of both my schools. I mixed someone's life banshee with my storm mander. I ended getting storm proof which comes in great against storm enemies and a card for life school.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Yeah the pet games are the only way, other than feeding them snacks afterward.
Stick with a pet that matches your school, and feed it the same school snacks for fastest result.
I usually train to adult and if it gets some good talents I may train it further to ancient or epic. Epic takes a lot of time and effort.
Remember you will get a Satyr school pet at level 48 so you may want to wait for that before investing too much time in the ghost.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Thank you very much for all of your answers! It was really helpful!

I ended up bringing my ghost to almost adult... so I am waiting to see what happens :D

After that, I will stick to my school and see what happens when I combine them.