Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I always go down fast...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Hi! i'm a level 25 ice/storm wizard, in marleybone with 1810 health. ne, so i have some questions

whenever i battle in mb i always go down fast like into 4 rounds of battle.. eto..
so does this mean:
I have too low of health
I am too low for this world
I should redo my deck
or go and do more sidequests ( which i hate alot eto..)

so do you guys have any good tips for me? :D

( eto means um in japaneese just so you know...)

Ashley S.S

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
There is no level limit for any world, but you may need to improve your health, mana, and stats for mb. If you figure out the pattern of what these monsters are going to play, then you have a better chance of winning. But be warned, they can figure out the pattern of what YOU play too, and maybe that is why you are losing a lot of duels.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
flora567 wrote:
Hi! i'm a level 25 ice/storm wizard, in marleybone with 1810 health. ne, so i have some questions

whenever i battle in mb i always go down fast like into 4 rounds of battle.. eto..
so does this mean:
I have too low of health
I am too low for this world
I should redo my deck
or go and do more sidequests ( which i hate alot eto..)

so do you guys have any good tips for me? :D

( eto means um in japaneese just so you know...)

Ashley S.S

Your health is fine, most other wizards have less than that at Marleybone. If you did all the quests to get you to Marleybone, you are not too low level either. Sidequests won't hurt and should net you more spells eventually, but isn't required.

At this level your bread and butter is the Ice Wyvern. If you are soloing, put two of those in your deck. Also put in two Ice traps. The rest of your deck should be Tower shields and maybe a freeze or two. A Wyvern with Ice trap, depending on gear, will net you around 484 damage. Most Marleybone enemies are around 500 HP for total life. Go to the bazaar and purchase the Pendant of Icy Souls (comes with two +35% ice traps). Stack those two traps on each enemy and Wyvern them. It is important that you work on one before going after the other. You should be able to defeat one within 2-3 turns, then the second in 4-6 turns (depending on pip chances). Use your Tower Shields and Freezes to delay or reduce enemy hits, but your primary concern is trapping and damaging. Enemies in Marleybone can hit you for the same amount a fairy heals you, so it is pointless to heal at all solo (when you get your minion that is different). Fairies also reduce your much needed pips for Wyvern. Just get your life from wisps afterwards.

If you find yourself not doing enough damage (later in Marleybone), get the Balance Elemental Blade spell from Niles in Kroktopia. That will add even more damage, but eats up a turn (allowing the enemies to get in more damage).

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Health is very good, but I would recommend gaining levels. Doing side quests is the easiest way (sorry) and they are easy as you go back.

Other than that I only have two more things: one- stock up on treasure cards if you solo alot

Two: make friends in all schools (especially life) that are the same level anddoing the same quests.

Hope this helps!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
You need to set up your deck with as few spells as possible so that you can find what you need. Pick your best spell (4-pip at your level) and your trap, place in 3 of each. A couple of heals, your defenses (depends on foes), and maybe a storm spell (I'd suggest the 2 pip). at your level, with clothes, you should have a reasonable power pip percentage. so if you can find a wand to give a free pip, you start with two pips, maybe three, but the odds are by turn 3 you have enough for your 4-pip spell....so tower, trap, cast damage, wand spell to finish kill (if necessary). Repeat.