Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i just have something to say here.....

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 29, 2009
Ice Enemies Are Exteremly Powerful!!!!

In serious.... i am working on the algea quest (which is a pain in itself) but those waverunners are no fair. They start with 3 power pips, thay critical right off the bat, use all manners of ice mutations (glacial krakem, frostzilla). they use stun and tower shield like its candy. Now i cant use animate cuase i need the pips just to defend my self so i cant use any minions. Please give me some advise!

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I know what you mean; I had the exact same problem when I was still a GM in the Grotto. Not only are those Waverunners juggernauts, they take forever to drop algae. My suggestion is to team up with some friends and gang up on them. If friends are not available, try this.

Since Waverunners move really slowly, try to find one that's alone and jump him fast. You'll find that one Waverunner won't be nearly as annoying as two. Try to beat the one Waverunner as quickly as possible, but hold off if you're about to beat him before the second one joins. If the second one is still far away after you almost kill the first, take some turns to heal and shield.

Once the second one joins, finish off the first and go crazy on the second one.

This strategy somewhat worked for me in the Grotto, maybe because I'm a Pyromancer... But the only way to see if it'll work for you is to try it out.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
tsandefer wrote:

In serious.... i am working on the algea quest (which is a pain in itself) but those waverunners are no fair. They start with 3 power pips, thay critical right off the bat, use all manners of ice mutations (glacial krakem, frostzilla). they use stun and tower shield like its candy. Now i cant use animate cuase i need the pips just to defend my self so i cant use any minions. Please give me some advise!

These guys are always better fought in groups, especially fire. A dragon chews them up and spits them out, and storm casting a stormlord is awesome, and if boosted correctly can one-hit kill all.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
tsandefer wrote:

well when i had that quest i had a ice girl and storm guy help me it was suprisenly easy.

P.Si'm a necromancer that maybe made a difference