Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns for Gardening

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
:-( I think that since we have been able to level up to 60 we should also be able to use gold instead of crowns to do our Gardening spells. Gardening is such Great fun and gives wonderful rewards. It also requires a lot of time and care. I would LOVE to continue Gardening except for the fact that it has become much too expensive now. I wish that Wizard 101 would consider this and make the change so that Gardening can be affordable to all. It will just take more work on every Wizards part to earn their gold to have Gardens. It would also promote the higher level Wizards to help others more often because every fight will benefit the helping Wizard to earn their gold and help other Wizards move along in their quests.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
maggienvinny wrote:
:-( I think that since we have been able to level up to 60 we should also be able to use gold instead of crowns to do our Gardening spells. Gardening is such Great fun and gives wonderful rewards. It also requires a lot of time and care. I would LOVE to continue Gardening except for the fact that it has become much too expensive now. I wish that Wizard 101 would consider this and make the change so that Gardening can be affordable to all. It will just take more work on every Wizards part to earn their gold to have Gardens. It would also promote the higher level Wizards to help others more often because every fight will benefit the helping Wizard to earn their gold and help other Wizards move along in their quests.

It is affordable. All of the crowns seeds are drops off of enemies. Most of mine were obtained in Celestia (Maelstrom Snap Dragon, Deadly Fly Trap, etc).

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Having been doing my fair share of gardening a good point arises Crowns are expensive. Gold can be earned during game play, Tho I do think that the cost Difference between crowns and gold is laughable (look at housing) I am one of the many adults being asked to buy more crowns! Even for myself I am finding that the spells for gardening cost too much energy to use.I totaly love gardening and have several toons that own homes and want to garden. We need a better solution to the gardening woes. For instance,
The energy used in gardening is also the same to train pets ( this makes it even harder because many want to do both) I think that the gardening spells should be lower in energy to use .Example: To water 1 plant 3 energy is used, that jumps up to 15 or better to do a larger area. Why not make the spells cost less . I know that some people just cannot afford to buy crowns that often and this month alone we have had to buy crowns at least 4 times. Mainly for the gardening! It makes me sad to have beautiful gardens that I must watch turn to dead sticks because of a lack of crowns!
Having a different energy sourse form the pets would be a good alternitive. Also having some of Moolindas treasure cards instead of the usless to me anyway (buff minion,and so forth) any cards like that i find usless. Gardening treasure cards as drops would be great or even as awards. I dont decorate inside my homes much but I do love the gardens.
There are many ways that the gardens could be made even more fun.The potential is unlimited in ways to grow ,contests with trophys and badges,even gold and crowns maby as prizes. More new plants the ones we have now are great but how about being able to make new hybrids fom the cross polinating of different plants and being able to make up a name for them?
The possibilities are unlimited Just please think about it.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
I must agree crown cost to care for gardens are excessive. Imagine my surprise after trying to level my new pet that was hatched the day before, returning to my home and finding what? OMG Plants are dying! I have no crowns, cant find the debit card, so much already invested, UGH it honestly put me off of playing for a day or so. I too enjoy gardening, hatching, ect, ect., however when you cant do both without paying 5.00 - 10.00 and you have already paid for a subscription? c'mon this is really getting ridiculous and makes KI look greedy. Is there not something that can be done? :( I like wizard101 but I have actually spoken with others who are looking for another family game that is not as costly. I could do that or just log on here and do what? nothing because it is no longer affordable ?!
Would really like to hear some feed back on whether or not any of these suggestions posted here are being looked into and considered .

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
owerbiz101 wrote:
I must agree crown cost to care for gardens are excessive. Imagine my surprise after trying to level my new pet that was hatched the day before, returning to my home and finding what? OMG Plants are dying! I have no crowns, cant find the debit card, so much already invested, UGH it honestly put me off of playing for a day or so. I too enjoy gardening, hatching, ect, ect., however when you cant do both without paying 5.00 - 10.00 and you have already paid for a subscription? c'mon this is really getting ridiculous and makes KI look greedy. Is there not something that can be done? :( I like wizard101 but I have actually spoken with others who are looking for another family game that is not as costly. I could do that or just log on here and do what? nothing because it is no longer affordable ?!
Would really like to hear some feed back on whether or not any of these suggestions posted here are being looked into and considered .

You don't have to spend a single crown on gardening to be successful. I went from level 1 to 10 (Grandmaster) without spending any crowns or energy potions at all. The crown seeds and energy potions are for those wizards that don't want to put in the grind time and advance faster than normal (just like all the other crown purchase items are intended for). Are you willing to log in three times a day like I did? If so, you will not lose a single plant from pests or needs. I did it with only 55 total energy points. If you can't do that, then your higher tier plants will not harvest as fast. Again, KI is NOT requiring you purchase anything on top of your subscription price. However, how much time are you willing to put into it?

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
kingurz wrote:
owerbiz101 wrote:

You don't have to spend a single crown on gardening to be successful. I went from level 1 to 10 (Grandmaster) without spending any crowns or energy potions at all. The crown seeds and energy potions are for those wizards that don't want to put in the grind time and advance faster than normal (just like all the other crown purchase items are intended for). Are you willing to log in three times a day like I did? If so, you will not lose a single plant from pests or needs. I did it with only 55 total energy points. If you can't do that, then your higher tier plants will not harvest as fast. Again, KI is NOT requiring you purchase anything on top of your subscription price. However, how much time are you willing to put into it?

ok maybe you are right. aaaannnddd maybe i have too many plants at once? I check on them at the very least 3 times a day :). After much consideration i am inclined to side with maggievinny after reaching a certain level and investing much time? maybe the least we are able to recieve would be more energy? I have attained grandmaster level in gardening after 3 mos. ty ever so much for feedback and suggestions. :D

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Guys, calm down first of all, and I agree in a way.
I agree that it is to expensive, and it should be able to be bought in gold, the least they CAN do is make every 1 crown worth 25 gold with the exception of houses and other gear that is already in gold. so that although this is alot, a king parsley would cost 13,000 gold, although once WT comes out, i dont even know yet how much gear will sell for.
But be considerate, every game has to pay taxes, and especially considering this is #1 MMO game, I can only imagine how much KI pays each month or year, so they need members to pay crowns even.
Have you noticed yet that CL enemies drop nearly everything? When I needed money, I went "hey buddy! I am gonna need this this this this..." to Mr. Big Salgio and the amount of Gardening stuff I got was RIDICULIOUSLY high! took up 60 space in my backpack/bank.
So, just consider what KI has to deal with before posting this stuff, although they at least needs to make it cheaper.
Thanks for reading :)