Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What class am I meant for?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
I am just curious... what school is most suited for my playstyle, I like a class with around moderate survivability, I prefer around moderate-high damage, I like to throw a lot of curses and blades to build giant attacks, I prefer stronger single target spells over multi-target weaker ones.

I am currently playing a max level Myth student but it isn't for me at all, the double attacks totally ruin my strategies every time unless I'm using Medusa. I really don't care about the base damage of spells and would rather have more potential damage.

Also survivability is a huge deal for me, I like to be able to fight many monsters in a row, and I mainly solo everything besides dungeons. Anyways thanks for reading and any suggestions would be great.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Travalanche wrote:
I am just curious... what school is most suited for my playstyle, I like a class with around moderate survivability, I prefer around moderate-high damage, I like to throw a lot of curses and blades to build giant attacks, I prefer stronger single target spells over multi-target weaker ones.

I am currently playing a max level Myth student but it isn't for me at all, the double attacks totally ruin my strategies every time unless I'm using Medusa. I really don't care about the base damage of spells and would rather have more potential damage.

Also survivability is a huge deal for me, I like to be able to fight many monsters in a row, and I mainly solo everything besides dungeons. Anyways thanks for reading and any suggestions would be great.

Try a fire wizard. Moderate survivability is debatable, but the class does come with choke, smoke screen, etc. Fire definitely has moderate to high damage. Charms and traps can all build towards even higher damage. While fire is definitely known for the multiple enemy and damage over time spells, fire does have the stronger single target spells you are looking for. Examples are Sunbird, Phoenix and Efreet.

Storm is the master at strong single target spells, but their survivability is the weakest part of the class. You have to finish your enemies off quickly.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Travalanche wrote:
I am just curious... what school is most suited for my playstyle, I like a class with around moderate survivability, I prefer around moderate-high damage, I like to throw a lot of curses and blades to build giant attacks, I prefer stronger single target spells over multi-target weaker ones. I am currently playing a max level Myth student but it isn't for me at all, the double attacks totally ruin my strategies every time unless I'm using Medusa. I really don't care about the base damage of spells and would rather have more potential damage. Also survivability is a huge deal for me, I like to be able to fight many monsters in a row, and I mainly solo everything besides dungeons. Anyways thanks for reading and any suggestions would be great.
i wonder if you already know the answer, but everything you're describing is what the death school does. lots of blades and traps, moderate base damage but high potential damage to single targets. survivablity and the ability to fight battle after battle by getting healed while you defeat enemies with drain spells. that all describes the death school. good luck and enjoy! -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer; keller moonblade, adept necromancer, (and crew)

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
if you want to last awhile, try ice or life. ice has the best mana and health, and life can heal awesomely. with ice and maybe storm, death, fire, or balance, i think that would make a really good primary and secondary school. life would be best with death maybe, or fire. just to let you know, i'm not an expert, this is just what i believe would be best.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Death or Balance. Both have close to the same characteristics you're looking for.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I think the Balance school is perfect for you. It's known for its charms and wards, the attacks are pretty strong and very effective, and I did most of Celestia with my Sorcerer solo. It might be hard in the beginning, but it really pays off in the end.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I agree with IvoryJade. Balance or Death are probably what you want. If not that, then perhaps Myth.

Fire and Storm are high-hit and relatively low-health. Ice and Life are high-health but low damage.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Being a level 59 death wizard, it sounds like death would best fit you. They have moderate health and moderate attacks. They are also know for doing max hits with traps/blades. (Death blade, death trap, curse, faint, etc.) Death are also great in dungeons because they can kill and heal you at the same time.