Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can I reset my training points without crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
I want to get star moon and sun spells but they cost training points. I used up all my training points before Celestia came out so now I only have two, one from level 55 and level 60. I want to return my training points and start all over but without using crowns because it would be a waste. Any other way to get back training points?

Administrator
Mr Lincoln's Training Point buy back is only available as a Crowns purchase.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
IMHO a terrible decision on KI's part. When folks are just starting out they frequently make bad choices while they learn the ins and outs of any game. Certainly what you choose to train is something that I'm sure a lot of folks have later on figured out they should have done things much differently.

If you want to just offer 1 free retrain for an entire account I think that would be OK. To only offer it as an additional fee item is a bad idea.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
It might be helpful to know that Odgen Peake in the Celestia base camp will offer you some quick and easy quests at levels 52, 54, and 56 that award you one training point for each quest (3 total). So if that plus the two you get from getting to level 55 and 60 will be enough for the spells you want then you may not need to buy back your training points.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Dorkface21 wrote:
It might be helpful to know that Odgen Peake in the Celestia base camp will offer you some quick and easy quests at levels 52, 54, and 56 that award you one training point for each quest (3 total). So if that plus the two you get from getting to level 55 and 60 will be enough for the spells you want then you may not need to buy back your training points.

I wouldn't classify all of his quests as quick and easy. If you have never crafted up to Celestia, one of his training points is difficult to obtain until you craft up to adept.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I never found one beetle in Kroktopia and one Stray Cat in Marleybone until recently. I am a level 59 wizard. I still have to find yardbirds in Grizzleheim and oysters in MooShu. Have you done all them?

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
WanaksinkLake wrote:
I want to get star moon and sun spells but they cost training points. I used up all my training points before Celestia came out so now I only have two, one from level 55 and level 60. I want to return my training points and start all over but without using crowns because it would be a waste. Any other way to get back training points?
what level are you? you get quests from ogden peak in celestia at each even level above fifty until, but not including, level 58, and they give you training points, plus the lounging lizard quest from zeke. that's another 4 points after getting to celestia. it might be 5, cause i can't remember if ogden gave one at level fifty or not. so there's a few more for you besides the level 55 and sixty ones. -elijah darkthorn, legendary- but slightly forgetful- conjurer

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Mr Lincoln's Training Point buy back is only available as a Crowns purchase.

this is one thing that really makes me mad. its like this for the entire game. basically its like you pay us and we will give you an unfair advantage that no one can get without paying us a rediculouse amount of money . no offense KingsIsle but this is very unfair. and i realize that some things you can buy with gold and crowns but its less than (just a guess) 40 percent of things on the crown shop. whatever happened to earning things? we can buy a royal lioness mount with gold but not a swiftshadows wings mount?i dont care about the amount of gold but please just make everything buyable by gold. again no offense KI but its unfair.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I can't tell you how many crowns I spent trying to find the right balance of schools for my Balance wizard. Still not completely happy with the combo that I have, but it will have to wait.