Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Items are all Crown Items?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, I was browsing the posts earlier and I read a comment by someone that stated, "All the new items are crown items and KI is only about the money!"

I really shouldn't put quotes on that, because it is not word for word, but that pretty much sums up what was said. So, I thought to myself, do I agree with this?

Celestian Pets, most are crown pets, however, you can get every single one of the pets as drops!

Crown Seeds, most can be gotten as drops, however, there are a couple that I think don't drop, or I have not found where they drop at!

Mega Snacks, now can be gardened, and with the Wintertusk update, they will also become drops!

Crown gear, although they are rare drops, they are dropped in the game! Besides, the best gear is not crown gear at all, well except for the wand!

Crown Wand 55+ with 30 critical block , this is one that I don't think drops (Yet)! However, you can get other wands without the critical block in the game, so for the added bonus, you pay the price!

New Amulets, yes, they do cost money, but it has been stated that they will be boss drops in Wintertusk! So, patience is a virtue!

The only thing that KI has not back down on, is training points. Yet, they have reduced the cost! I still think it is a bit expensive when some people have many wizards and they keep changing the game!

So, most of the things KI does, they try and make everyone happy and a satisfied customer! Those that complain, probably don't like to wait or want to wait, but if you can't wait, you have to pay the price!

That being said, thanks KI, for looking out for all your players!

PS: Would still like to see mega snacks auctionable again! :D

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Nice post Darthjt! :D

Not to mention some of the Crowns items can be purchased with gold. I have noticed KI seems to offer us two ways to get most Crowns items, pay or invest our time by farming for them. Somethings can only be purchased with Crowns. That is true for a respec of training points too.

I like to think those Crown items help fund game expansions and hardware and software improvements.

Thanks for posting this!
Megan

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
When KI changes the scope of the game this dramatically, training points should be re-trainable once for free...

I have 4 paid accounts.... Account 1, had 6 Legendaries, Account 2, had 6 Legendaries, Account 3, 1 Legendary and Account 4 just lower level....

I say had since I've decided that since those legendaries have pretty much used up their training points, the only way to get them back is to buy them back... that's a pretty tidy sum when you're looking at 13 buy backs.... this is totally unfair quite honestly.

So I have decided to delete my Legendaries one by one and re-do them from the start, sad as it is after spending so much time on them.

I think this was KI's plan from the start, to either make the crown money on them or to have people redo them from the start to keep them in game and paying subscriptions!

darthjt wrote:
Okay, I was browsing the posts earlier and I read a comment by someone that stated, "All the new items are crown items and KI is only about the money!"

I really shouldn't put quotes on that, because it is not word for word, but that pretty much sums up what was said. So, I thought to myself, do I agree with this?

Celestian Pets, most are crown pets, however, you can get every single one of the pets as drops!

Crown Seeds, most can be gotten as drops, however, there are a couple that I think don't drop, or I have not found where they drop at!

Mega Snacks, now can be gardened, and with the Wintertusk update, they will also become drops!

Crown gear, although they are rare drops, they are dropped in the game! Besides, the best gear is not crown gear at all, well except for the wand!

Crown Wand 55+ with 30 critical block , this is one that I don't think drops (Yet)! However, you can get other wands without the critical block in the game, so for the added bonus, you pay the price!

New Amulets, yes, they do cost money, but it has been stated that they will be boss drops in Wintertusk! So, patience is a virtue!

The only thing that KI has not back down on, is training points. Yet, they have reduced the cost! I still think it is a bit expensive when some people have many wizards and they keep changing the game!

So, most of the things KI does, they try and make everyone happy and a satisfied customer! Those that complain, probably don't like to wait or want to wait, but if you can't wait, you have to pay the price!

That being said, thanks KI, for looking out for all your players!

PS: Would still like to see mega snacks auctionable again! :D

Adherent
May 20, 2010
In my opinion, KingsIsle relies too much on their item mall (Crowns) and not enough on a subscription-based revenue stream. That said, it's understandable that they continue to look for new ways to pursue the item mall.