Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eighth school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
How about the school of darkness. The last spell for it could be Black Hole.

Black Hole sucks up selected enemy and enemy returns in three rounds. Power pip and mana usage: 8 ( you can use power pips no matter what school you are )

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You mean like this?

i have a really good laptop but it doesnt show the pic. can someone plz explain it for me

Administrator
Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
wow like three hours ago the pic of the school diagram wouldnt show up except for an x in a box but now its bigger than most of my posts

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
Ifwe did have a school of air what would be it oposite i mwan every school has an oposit like: lifes oposit would be death visa versa or storms oposit would be myth visa versa or fires oposit would be ice visa versa in my experience a spiritual ( life,death,and myth) would boost a balance enemy but what would be airs oposit? if you have an answer please feel free to tell

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Defender
Feb 22, 2009
race101 wrote:
ummmmmm, air would be impossible.what spells are you going to put? air doesnt make sence.WEATHER might.
example...
weather school

lightning

damage: does 1000 to 1055 to all enemies

hanging effect: yes three rounds

what it does: big bolts of lightning comes from a huge black cloud and hits the enemy

tornado

damage:does 990 to 1010 damage

hanging effect:no

what it does: a big cloud rolls in all dark at stormy then a tornado wide enough to get the enemy inside it come and covers the enemy(the damage is done when the tornado covers the enemy).

ok?air wouldnt be good weather could.

Eric SpiritSheild lvl27 student of fire

**see ya in the spiral**

Those are really spells that could be storm, as the school of storm is about stormy weather. Stormy weather is the only weather that could cause damage. A sunny day does not exactly harm people. And if the spells did that much they would have to have 55 or 60% accuracy. I mean, 1055 base damage to all enemies!? With a blade (+30%) trap (+25%), possibly another trap (20%), and feint (70%) and curse + hex (50%), along with boosts from clothing (about 20%) that's over 6,200 damage! That's just crazy. I think Kingsisle has covered everything with the schools they have now.

Alex DragonBreaker
Master
Level 49
Storm

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You mean like this?

I just felt like going over here and came across the thread, again. Lydia, I thank you for this! After a while of now actually being able to see the diagram, I was caught by a small gap in the space between Balance and Fire. It reminded me that heat turns sand into GLASS! SO Now I'm thinking of a school of glass. Here's what I think should be the spells. It is a class of stunning and reflection.

LvL.1: Mirror Blind: Does 65 - 145 glass damage: 1 pips
LvL.2 spell quest: Glass Armor: Reflects one rank 5 and under spell: 2 pips
LvL.5: Bright Clash: Stuns and does 60 glass damage: 2 pips
LvL.8 spell quest: Glass Blade: plus 40% glass damage: 0 pips
LvL.8: Glass Scourge: 265 - 300 glass damage: 3 pips
LvL.10: Glass Defense: -50% to Balance and Fire spells: 0 pips
LvL.16: Mirror Elemental: 290 - 340 glass damage: 4 pips
LvL.18 spell quest. Glass Trap: plus 30% glass damage: 0 pips
LvL.22: Sparkling Piercer: 300 - 500 glass damage: 5 pips
LvL.26: Chains of Defense: Stun for 2 turns, absorb 500 damage, reflect any rank 7 and under spells 2 times: 5 pips
LvL.28 spell quest: Glamourous Gargoyal Minion: Summons a Glamourous Gargoyle: 3 pips
LvL.32: Glass Horn: Stuns, Reflects any rank 5 and under spell, 400 glass damage: 5 pips
LvL.38 spell quest: Glass Storm: 25%+ more glass damage as long as this barrier is up: 2 pips
LvL.42: Bright Barrage: 500 - 700 glass damage
LvL.48 spell quest: Gloriously Bright Gargoyal: 900 glass damage to all oppenents, reflects any rank 7 and under spells for 3 attacks for each oppenent (For example, 4 oppenent, one will have to hit you three times to get rid of his charges), stuns all oppenents

LvL.48 spell quest pet: Glass Gargoyle: +5 power pips chance, gives one Gloriously Bright Gargoyle (All the same stats, only damage is increased by 50, making it 950 damage.)

All spells are 80% chance of no fizzle, except chains of defense, 50% of no fizzle. The class main monsters are gargoyles. School is in Grizzleheim, behind a door on the right side of the bridge that leads to the main part if the area that holds dungeons (like Hall of Valor). You enter there for a new little level 20 quest that gives no spells, just kidding. I am not done with all the spells yet, the sub-trainer is right on the other side of the gap that leads to Bartlebye (Oppsisite of the sub-trainer for balance.

Hope you liked it!

Edit: Gloriously Bright Garoyle is too strong, I'm dropping 900 to 500 and the minion gives a version with only 75 more damage, making it 575!
I'll post a list of the other spells as soon as I can think of one! GLASS WILL RULE THE WORLD!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I think there should be a school of dragon riders that could be introduced in a world after grizzleyheim where you do a special quest you can optionaly do.Where you have to find a dragon egg and food for your dragon.Then you are a dragon rider.There could also feed & take care of your dragon &take him on a ride .Plus your dragon would help you recover a sword insted of a wand.There could be spells whip or slash.you could change this to your normal school.

If you like my idea please write back .
p.s.it would oppose myth.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
cattastrophies wrote:
TIME WOULD BE BALANCE'S WORST ENEMY :) it would cause chaos and hecticness and be jsut plain awesome. i vote for that, lol

me too

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
aviator2 wrote:
I have taken my idea to heart!

School of Chaos:
Magic is Called- Distortion
Practicers are Called- Distorters
Opposes- Balance
Teacher- A wanderer who appears randomly on different planets of the Spiral; the actual school could be on a world after Grizzleheim.
Spells: outer space (comets, aliens, gravity, etc.); while Balance spells are rather land-based, this school, the opposite, is space-themed; the Chaos of space.
To all who say it won't work, that people who've alredy started will become upset because they couldn't choose it as a primary school, why not just take it on as a secondary or tertiary school? I like my idea!.... Sorry, I babble to much.

Life, the Universe and Everything!................I can't give it away!

That is so the coolest idea i have heard so far..........

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl22
life&fire

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
Ovelence wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You mean like this?

I just felt like going over here and came across the thread, again. Lydia, I thank you for this! After a while of now actually being able to see the diagram, I was caught by a small gap in the space between Balance and Fire. It reminded me that heat turns sand into GLASS! SO Now I'm thinking of a school of glass. Here's what I think should be the spells. It is a class of stunning and reflection.

LvL.1: Mirror Blind: Does 65 - 145 glass damage: 1 pips
LvL.2 spell quest: Glass Armor: Reflects one rank 5 and under spell: 2 pips
LvL.5: Bright Clash: Stuns and does 60 glass damage: 2 pips
LvL.8 spell quest: Glass Blade: plus 40% glass damage: 0 pips
LvL.8: Glass Scourge: 265 - 300 glass damage: 3 pips
LvL.10: Glass Defense: -50% to Balance and Fire spells: 0 pips
LvL.16: Mirror Elemental: 290 - 340 glass damage: 4 pips
LvL.18 spell quest. Glass Trap: plus 30% glass damage: 0 pips
LvL.22: Sparkling Piercer: 300 - 500 glass damage: 5 pips
LvL.26: Chains of Defense: Stun for 2 turns, absorb 500 damage, reflect any rank 7 and under spells 2 times: 5 pips
LvL.28 spell quest: Glamourous Gargoyal Minion: Summons a Glamourous Gargoyle: 3 pips
LvL.32: Glass Horn: Stuns, Reflects any rank 5 and under spell, 400 glass damage: 5 pips
LvL.38 spell quest: Glass Storm: 25%+ more glass damage as long as this barrier is up: 2 pips
LvL.42: Bright Barrage: 500 - 700 glass damage
LvL.48 spell quest: Gloriously Bright Gargoyal: 900 glass damage to all oppenents, reflects any rank 7 and under spells for 3 attacks for each oppenent (For example, 4 oppenent, one will have to hit you three times to get rid of his charges), stuns all oppenents

LvL.48 spell quest pet: Glass Gargoyle: +5 power pips chance, gives one Gloriously Bright Gargoyle (All the same stats, only damage is increased by 50, making it 950 damage.)

All spells are 80% chance of no fizzle, except chains of defense, 50% of no fizzle. The class main monsters are gargoyles. School is in Grizzleheim, behind a door on the right side of the bridge that leads to the main part if the area that holds dungeons (like Hall of Valor). You enter there for a new little level 20 quest that gives no spells, just kidding. I am not done with all the spells yet, the sub-trainer is right on the other side of the gap that leads to Bartlebye (Oppsisite of the sub-trainer for balance.

Hope you liked it!

Edit: Gloriously Bright Garoyle is too strong, I'm dropping 900 to 500 and the minion gives a version with only 75 more damage, making it 575!
I'll post a list of the other spells as soon as I can think of one! GLASS WILL RULE THE WORLD!

That is soooooooooooooooooooo funny!
A school of glass! A very cool idea...........

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl22
life&fire

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I like the idea of a school of Time. Being able to change up order (and cause a back and forth effect, so that one person goes on one side, then another randomly from the other and so on, how cool would that be?), go back in time, perhaps even an "erase" spell that reverses someone's last spell, and it could include different ideas from various times in history.

A Psychic school is an interesting idea as well. It would be fantastic to have a spell that enabled the psychic student to see what the enemies/other players were choosing as their next spell. Though beyond that, I can't think of too many more spell ideas for a Psychic school.

An Alien school might be cool, too. UFO spells, g-force, rocket, slime, starfield, black hole, etc, all kinds of "outer space" theme spells could be created.

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
Alright, I got it!

Quest that finishes Colossus Boulevard: Mini Glass: You and your friends will all receive a glass blade and your oppenents will all be stuned and have a glass trap on them. Still lets the normal Glass Blade nad Glass Shield activate.
Pips: 3

Quest that finishes Wizard City: Glass Stab: does 300 - 310 glass damage
Pips: 4

Quest that leads you to Krokosphinx: Brighter Sun: does 50 fire damage, then does 350 glass damage
Pips: 4

Quest that leads you to Tomb of Storms: Fang's Trust: Steals a positive charm, a positive ward, and does 50 ice damage, then 350 ice damage
Pips: 5

Quest that finishes Krokotopia: Illusion Krokopatra: Gives all your friends blades that activate when any attack is succefully cast, does 50 damage then finishes off with 450 glass damage

Quest that leads you to Newgate Prison: Glass Studded Claw: Does 50 life damage then 200 glass damage, and finally heals for 200 health to self.

Quest that leads you to Marleybone Mueseum: Dark Knowledge: does 300 death drain, gives half the health to you, then does 300 glass damage

Quest that finishes Marleybone: Tooth of Meowarity: Does a random attack in your hand without any power cost, then 50 myth damage, and finally 350 glass damage

Quest after War Oni: Glowing Lion: 500 glass damage

Quest after Plague Oni: Glass Plague: Glass Drain 100 then 600 over time. Gives the full amount of health each hit
8 pips cause of inhumane treatment to things!

Quest after Jade Oni: Glass Oni: Does 600 - 700 glass damage
8 pips
Not the regular 80% accuracy but 70% accuaracy

Quest to kill Malistaire: Twisted Dragon: 600 damage, does not look like Fire Dragon or anything near!

Additional lvl 20 spell quest to see real glass teacher: Healing shard: Heals 300 then an additional 400 over time

Edit: To anyone who saw the bright aviator thingy, forget that. Anyways, I forgot to include a spell quest you get! Sorry, anyways, heres the spell! This one is like the one that gives you myth blade.

Glass Cut: Does 90 glass damage: 0 pips

Carlos Griffinshade
LvL 30 ice

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
IxionInc wrote:
Not meaning to burst your bubble here, but, isn't that what Storm is?
yeah it pretty much is :?

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
GhostGirl14 wrote:
I think there should be a Space School. You know, with Comets, Supernovas and Black Holes and stuff!
Wow that would be a great idea! except the school would be called the cosmo school

Liam Shadow
Magus Thaumaturge

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
race101 wrote:
ummmmmm, air would be impossible.what spells are you going to put? air doesnt make sence.WEATHER might.
example...
weather school

lightning

damage: does 1000 to 1055 to all enemies

hanging effect: yes three rounds

what it does: big bolts of lightning comes from a huge black cloud and hits the enemy

tornado

damage:does 990 to 1010 damage

hanging effect:no

what it does: a big cloud rolls in all dark at stormy then a tornado wide enough to get the enemy inside it come and covers the enemy(the damage is done when the tornado covers the enemy).

ok?air wouldnt be good weather could.

Eric SpiritSheild lvl27 student of fire

**see ya in the spiral**

Thats copying the school of Storm. Professor Balstrom would be so disapointed :(

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
zckeudaly123 wrote:
I think that the school i would want would be water i got a list of spells for it

lvl 1. aquasnake
lvl 5. sea elf
lvl 7. water blade
lvl 10. rainman
lvl 12. aqua trap
lvl 16. water shield
lvl 18. minor wave
lvl 22. tidal wave
lvl 26. rough seas
lvl 28. rainman minion
lvl 33. water feint
lvl 38. water dragon
lvl 42. waterphant

thats the coolest idea ive seen on these forums! and I think the professor should be Professor Liam Shadow!!!! i just think that name is awesome.....

Survivor
Oct 01, 2009
this is my opinion for new school

School of Emotions: A school about emotions like fear, sadness,furious happyness,etc and it depends on your emotions, like if your sad you send in a calm spell, furious and you get a powerful spell

this is my opinion so maybe this should be a new school hope you guys like this idea :)

Daniel FrostGlade lvl 47 ice wizard

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
How about chaos school I have a list of spells:

0 pip spells:
pip steal: 50% acuuracy steals only one pip from target. (This would be a savior in pvp.) someone should think up more 0 pip spells.

1 pip spells:
disappear: Completely protect self from attacks for 1 turn. 85%
compell: Confuses target and makes them play on your side for 3 turns.
conflict: Puts whispering spirits in target's mind causing self conflict does 100 - 150 damage. 85%

2 pip spells:
Shadow taunt: two shadows come around and circle the target forcing them to twist and turn in confusion in every way does 175 - 275 damage 85%

3 pip spells:
Devour life: takes away one of those good things that heal you every turn.
pickpocket pip: Steals 3 pips from target (since it takes 3 pips it basically just destroys 3 pips.)

4 pip spells:
Hint of doubt: -75% to power pip chance for everyone in battle global spell for chaos.
swipe pip: destroys 4 of opponents pips.

5 pip spells:
pip plague: destroys 3 pips every turn for 3 turns to all enemies.

6 pip spells:
Dimension swap: pulls target into a paralell dimension where caster and target only fight winner returns to real battle (loser does to if it is a pvp match they will just be defeated.)

7 pip spell:
Desinigrate pip: (forgive my bad spelling.) destroy every existing pip in battle.

x pip spell:
compromise: destroy one of target's pips for every pip you have.

Colin Sarkleheart lvl 50 life wizard. designed specifically to defeat balance. think they are fixing to use judgement but NOPE you take all their pips.

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
liammay11 wrote:
zckeudaly123 wrote:
I think that the school i would want would be water i got a list of spells for it

lvl 1. aquasnake
lvl 5. sea elf
lvl 7. water blade
lvl 10. rainman
lvl 12. aqua trap
lvl 16. water shield
lvl 18. minor wave
lvl 22. tidal wave
lvl 26. rough seas
lvl 28. rainman minion
lvl 33. water feint
lvl 38. water dragon
lvl 42. waterphant

thats the coolest idea ive seen on these forums! and I think the professor should be Professor Liam Shadow!!!! i just think that name is awesome.....
ok all you did was take other spells and make them water type

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
ok why don't we just have a whole ravenwood type place that rivals our schools and at the beginning of the game you can choose the original ravenwood or the different one. That set of schools could be like ours just different spells and similar but different in ways . And that set of schools could be glass (which is not a bad idea i do like that), psychic, astral, time(I'm kinda eerie about that one but it sounds cool), sky, alchemy, and water( but not the spells that one person listed those were just other spells taken from schools just made into water type) And the opposites could be: psychic and time(since the mind messes with the time) alchemy and water(since its like fire and water) sky and glass(not sure on those ones if anyone has ideas please reply) and their "balance" type school could be the astral. Their headmaster could be the brother or sister of Merle Ambrose and their school could be called...well idk King Isle can come up with that

-Thanks Thomas Swiftthistle (ice,death,life and balance)