Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eighth school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2009
Darkrok42 wrote:
aviator2 wrote:
How about a "School of Chaos"? It could oppose Balance. Please don't say Death is Chaos. Chaos could include space-themed spells and a spell that could be either Life, Death, or Myth; the opposite of Spectral Blast.

I completely agree with the idea of a School of Chaos if they add an 8th. It's an ideal opposition to Balance. The attacks could be done creatively but I think the main thing you'd want in the School of Chaos spell book is spells that are powerful but unpredictable. Think Storm level damage with higher accuracy but unexpected results. Maybe the spell doesn't hit what you targeted. Maybe it hits you instead for some of the damage. Make the spells powerful yet unpredictable and also add in some meta-type spells...things that change the 'rules of the game' in small ways during the battle.
I love your ideas! I believe that there should be three astral schools, a chaos school, alchemy, and possibly two more schools. That way, you could create a new world with an entirely new academy. Then, the seven new schools would each parallel an existing school. You know, Sun, Moon, and Star would parallel Fire, Ice, and Storm. Alchemy would match Myth, and Chaos would match Balance. Anyone have two really unique schools to match Life and Death? And by unique, I don't mean Air, Water, Earth, or anything else already covered by the existing schools.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Helryx wrote:
You mean like this?

Ummmm just wondering if you could show us what it would look like if there was a eighth school it can be any school i just want to see what it looks like thanks

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
A new school idea would be Metal. :) (In my opinions)
A stun spell could be Metal Sound. Well cant metal create an ear piercing sound? Metal has traps and blades like other schools; Metaltrap and Metalblade. It could also have another version of feint but its better because it doesnt give you the negative 30%. Some creatures could be like i giant steel golem or metal serpent. Metal does not have an opposite. It does have tons of shields that are better than tower shields. Metal Armor is the better ice armor that blocks 150 per pip. Metal Shield blocks 60% ( not treasure.) Metal also has a field spell that is silver and boosts Metal power by 35%. Metal can have a spell sort of like donate power but donates 4 pips for the price of one :D. Metal clothes resist more than ice clothes. The Metal teacher can be a Machine.
Misc.
Metal can use a spell that steals blades and traps by attracted them with a magnet or repel negatives.
Metal is just as strong as storm.
Metals school color is silver.
Metals gem is a diamond.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Wizards who study metal are called Metalmancers (-mancer/mancy from pyromancer and necromancer) Metalmancy is the study of Metal
Metal starts off with 510 health
Metal can magnetize blades to themselves or traps to opponents so that they wont go away by mere disarms

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
MORE METAL MADNESS
More ideas:
Metal can repel WEAKNESS :D by attracting the weakness from the user and repelling to opponent.
Metal heals by using a spell called repair but involves minion.
Minions range in variety. Construct summons a minion based on pips only its better than animate since the minions have more spells. The minion kill spell heals 600 if you sacrifice minion.
Metal has an immolate like spell only its stronger and hurts the user less.
METAL POWER!
Metal Mash can be deal damage to all opponents.
Damage- 450-520
Metals accuracy is 85%.
Metal can return damage done only doubled :D
Metal is really good when dealing against storm opponents since a certain metal spell can capture a storm spell with a lightning rod and heal themselves. The healing number is based on the damage that was meant to be inflicted.
Who needs chaos?
Metal has a prism too but a magical one since it changes metal into either ice storm fire death life or myth.
Metal is virtually hard to beat

Survivor
May 03, 2009
drewgon11 wrote:
there should be a school of time. then i could summon dinos and robots and warp time so i could go first in battles or stun people!

i love this idea it's great and it would be the oppisite of balance it would be a perfect brand new spell type and i bet headmaster ambrose could teach it i mean he is kinda aged. he'd be a perfect teacher

Explorer
May 10, 2009
I got 2 ideas The school of time and school of internet.
once they're level 48 they'll get a pet called virus and woolly mammoth.

Historian
May 15, 2009
ooh i had a great school idea what about the school of song? it would be light Grey for the school gem color and it would sit between death and life as it draws it power from those like a balanced power

the school of song would draws it power to use the powers of songs or creatures who use song like sirens as its summons its power could include like a spell of infatuation which would stun the all the enemy for 1-3 turns depending on how many pips u used

or the spell of confusion which would be like beguile and would affect who ever it targeted for one turn and would cause them to use a random spell on the enemy that turn

which brings me to the next spell which would be a creature called siren

which would cost 4 pips and deal up to 350 points of damage and would have a 50% chance of stunning them next turn this would have a 75% chance of hitting

the school pet could be a small siren

another spell would be a mysterious shadowed witch with a harp which would cause damage to all enemies up to 300 points and cost 4 points to cast it would have a 80% chance of hitting

and i forgot a spell like all schools they have a cool level 42 spell which deals massive damage for song it would be a harpy who's scream would hit up to 500-600 or something like that i forget what the damage limit is for that card and of course it would cost the same as the others and have a 70% chance of casting

and i would like to bring 2 more spells up

first off would be the spell of strength which would give everyone on your side and minions 35% + fighting charms and of course the final spell for the school would be the song of replenish a spell that costs 4 pips and would restore everyone on the team up to 400 and have a 20% chance of giving pips to everyone it healed

now at 49 there would be the quest which would get you the best song card which would be song of retribution which would place a shield on you for any attack and when your opponent struck you the shield would not stop the blow at all but would take half the attacks damage and hit the opponent with it it would cost 5 pips i think... i dunno how many pips that level 48 card uses

what do yall think?

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
aviator2 wrote:
How about a "School of Chaos"? It could oppose Balance. Please don't say Death is Chaos. Chaos could include space-themed spells and a spell that could be either Life, Death, or Myth; the opposite of Spectral Blast.

Ballance already has spells for those and covers the 3 main elements also.
For those talking about the celtic circle of elements sprit is the center but is completely the same as balance.
Now a food based element like cheese or bacon!?(LOL I'm kidding)
Also for those who were talking about celtic elemental magic a hole you skimmed over was that they all have dragons.
Not just fire
More info revised later(gotta find my celtic lore book)(post 1 date:just after Midnight:Started on:Sat.8/1-Published on:Sun.8/2).

Survivor
May 28, 2009
I think that some of the wonderful suggestions that I have both thought of and heard are Time, Psychic, and Chaos. These could possibly make another inner triangle. At this point it is challanging to add another school because of the design. If you add one you must add another?

Evan MoonBright (Death)

Survivor
May 28, 2009
aviator2 wrote:
I have taken my idea to heart!

School of Chaos:
Magic is Called- Distortion
Practicers are Called- Distorters
Opposes- Balance
Teacher- A wanderer who appears randomly on different planets of the Spiral; the actual school could be on a world after Grizzleheim.
Spells: outer space (comets, aliens, gravity, etc.); while Balance spells are rather land-based, this school, the opposite, is space-themed; the Chaos of space.
To all who say it won't work, that people who've alredy started will become upset because they couldn't choose it as a primary school, why not just take it on as a secondary or tertiary school? I like my idea!.... Sorry, I babble to much.

Life, the Universe and Everything!................I can't give it away!

Wonderful idea and the crazy thing is i had the same thoughts last night. Except Distortion, and distorter, i was having a hard time with that but your ideas are so cool and TOTALLY possible. :)

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Well to get of the subject of Chaos and other schools (I have posted a lot lately, sorry should have pasted it all in one.) I think the astral magic is the most practical because it already had the magic triangle created, and the spells can be original. (Unlike the suggested schools of Air, Water, and Earth). Last post today, I promise

Evan MoonBright (Death)

Historian
May 15, 2009
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
squeaky1 wrote:
Well, if one wants to be technical, there are four cardinal points that make up the elements. Air for east, fire for south, water for west, and earth for north in the Pagan or Wiccan viewpoint, as well as the Wizardly viewpoint. Concerning the schools, it is oblivious that Fire would make south (fire). No brainer there. Ice should make west (water). I would put Life as north (earth), and Myth as east (air). Should Storm be east (air), or west (water), as it has elements of both? Probably west as a water element. Where should Death go? I would almost say north (earth), as both life and death are part of earth and living things. Where should Balance go on the cardinal points? I would put it at the center, as it is Balance. Balance meaning a balance of all the elements.

Or one could just place them on both the four cardinal points and the four cross quarters, although there would then have to be an eighth school added. But again, where would they be placed?

Just my ramblings.

Hunah Wha I did not just understand a word you said not to be rude.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Will one of the staff members setlle this but i would be nice for more schools though he he :) :-) :-) :-)

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
weather does seem like a possible option.
weather could be like a school based off of storm the moves will start at 8 pips and go until 14 pips (you need power pips to do these moves, 7 power pips and you can do 14 rank move). there could also be light and moon continuing fire and ice.

possible moves

moon rank 14 ice king
1000 and 300 to all plus stun and 210 to one over 3 rounds

light rank 14 light lord
1520-1600 and 3000 divided to 3 other enemies plus stun and 50 + 210 over 3 round

weather rank 14 vortex
7 wild bolts and 4000 divided to all equally stun to one enemy if all wild bolts fizzle extra 1000 to all

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
there should be a class called power
spells = good
accuracy=low
55 accuracy
rank 1 move 185-195
rank 2 255-305
rank 3 365-420
rank 4 405-445 to all
rank 5 725-805
rank 6 920-1000
rank 7 1000 +50 and stun to all

not damage moves with 90-100 accuracy
rank 2 everything shield -70 elemental and spiritual 100acc
rank 4 +20 all spells global 100acc
rank 2 -10 all spells global for 3 rounds 100acc
rank 2 stun all and - 10acc 90acc
rank 0 -70 next power 100acc
rank x summon a minion of power rank per pip 100acc
rank 2 - 70acc for all enemies 90acc
rank 3 steal 1 positive ward and blade and remove negative charm self 90acc
rank 5 -40 power accuracy and health + 10 next power and accuracy

thats it

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
warlockwizardmage wrote:
how about water school ? fire burns ice and there you got water

I thought about that before. I liked the idea lol.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Okay i really need to straighten this out for you guys....

Air is not storm Air is ice. The giants ruled the skies and created ice magic to build their homes in the AIR.

Water is not any of the stuff you people have said it is STORM magic. The tritans ruled the water and created storm magic to reak havok on their siblings the dragons.

Thank you and good night!

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
aviator2 wrote:
Darkrok42 wrote:
aviator2 wrote:

I completely agree with the idea of a School of Chaos if they add an 8th. It's an ideal opposition to Balance. The attacks could be done creatively but I think the main thing you'd want in the School of Chaos spell book is spells that are powerful but unpredictable. Think Storm level damage with higher accuracy but unexpected results. Maybe the spell doesn't hit what you targeted. Maybe it hits you instead for some of the damage. Make the spells powerful yet unpredictable and also add in some meta-type spells...things that change the 'rules of the game' in small ways during the battle.
I love your ideas! I believe that there should be three astral schools, a chaos school, alchemy, and possibly two more schools. That way, you could create a new world with an entirely new academy. Then, the seven new schools would each parallel an existing school. You know, Sun, Moon, and Star would parallel Fire, Ice, and Storm. Alchemy would match Myth, and Chaos would match Balance. Anyone have two really unique schools to match Life and Death? And by unique, I don't mean Air, Water, Earth, or anything else already covered by the existing schools.

hmm well i must admit i do like the idea of earth for life even if it isnt unique but for death how about pride?

just a thought

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
moviebuff3000 wrote:
Actually Alchemy could be another school but not to teach spells but to teach potion making. You can get ingredients from defeating monsters like housing furniture and you can create potions that can range from making your next spell stronger for one round to making your chances of fizzling one round slimmer than what is already to healing a fellow wizard, etc. What does everyone think of this? I mean wizards are not just known for casting magic spells but for making potions also.

Great idea, but you buy that kind of stuff in the shop button in potions?

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
Me no gonna read all these posts! Anyways air is storm as so is water. We need an eighth school that balance is weak against and it is weak to balance. Now I'll post all the possible things that the earth, which is basically balance, is weak against.

Pollution: It damages the earth, but in my opinion it is rather inapropiate for a E 10+ game unless it's earthday! :x

SKy: In no way it damages the earth. In a sense however, it'll be perfect! It's not air as air is wind, and it's off the ground so it'll be perfect!

I can't think of anymore.