Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eighth school

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
Tikirace1 wrote:
ShellaBella wrote:
squeaky1 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You mean like this?

That would be one excellent way to show it. I believe that this particular depiction would be considered Hermetic, or High Magic? There is also the circle that depicts the quarters and cross quarters, along the lines of Celtic origin.

As to a psychic shcool as posted by another member, that would fall into the center of the circle, also known as spirit (or myth), and the ascension of the human conciousness into the realm of spiritual. It is a combination and culmination of the elements.

Can you please repeat that so I can understand it? Or can someone simplify it please? I find this subject very interesting, really. (That sounds nerdy. Oh well)

squeaky1 meant storm, ice, and fire are the main elements because they are the weather kind of things.

death, life and myth are like there whole own set different then the elements.

then lastly there is balance in the middle because the balance of the world and the elements and death, life, and myth.

i think thats what what it means. if someone thinks i am wrong plz tell me so i can fix it.

-TikiRace1

Balance combinds all the elements and I think balance should be the strongest and life, myth, and death, are the spirits in the body and soul

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
well personally i think i already made up a school xD
it is basicly a spriti version of balance sense balance also uses elemental attacks
this way balance has a rival as well, i named it harmoney like balance is weak against myth death and life, harmoney is weak against ice fire and stomr. ect basicly it is the oposite of balance
some of the ideas are on the 8 pip spells forum
and why LIFE IS EARTH, STORM IS WIND(air) LIGHTINING AND WATER, myth is also part earth as well :P so is balance, sand attacks, sand is made from rock and earth

just saying

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
i think there should be a school to use spells out side of battle (since you have to use cards to use the magic, these spells could be used by your spellbook)
fly
levitate
a spell to heal yourself instead of spending coins on potions
a spell to make furnature for you house
holographics (making things apear to trick people)
growing spells for dragons
more teleports
a shield so you cant get into fights
a spell to go back in time to see what you did before (i lot of times i forget how i met a friend so this spell would be useful)
etc
there wouldnt have to be a rival school since this school would be like an extra school so that you could understand some of the game better and explore and have some fun instead of just battling

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
There really should not be any new schools. Just new areas with new trainers that give you stronger spells for less pips. Either that or once you get to the 7th or 8th world the average in the street battles will feel like a boss. You could also add more spaces for pips possible making a ring of pips eventually. But we really dont need new schools. :D

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I think that there should be a school of light. Sort of like death is darkness there should be a school of light that is deaths enemy. Not to say that life stinks and all that but i mean its kind of boring. All you do is conjure up unicorns and satyrs to heal yourself and others. Light would be the destroyer of darkness (death) and then life would be the healer.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Air, air, air.... i dont' know how that could work for the fact storm has that covered. I would like to say a better idea would be something based off of spirits. Dream maybe. Myth brings thengs from the imagination, so that could be an issue, but dream would be focused on things one can't see. They would be able to tap into the inner spirit and release immense power. Maybe baased on Native american folk tales. It would go against balance because it is not tied to the elements at all. Its a pure school with out any outside interference.

SO what do you guys think of this idea?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
warlockwizardmage wrote:
how about water school ? fire burns ice and there you got water

Well Ice is technically Water isn't it?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
goalie959 wrote:
i think that there should be a school of earth or psycic.

i mean earth would be a good defense and offensive spell

and psycic would be a great offensive spell

think about it!!!!

i am a level 40, life school rules!!!!

Dude Earth is Life!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
aviator2 wrote:
I have taken my idea to heart!

School of Chaos:
Magic is Called- Distortion
Practicers are Called- Distorters
Opposes- Balance
Teacher- A wanderer who appears randomly on different planets of the Spiral; the actual school could be on a world after Grizzleheim.
Spells: outer space (comets, aliens, gravity, etc.); while Balance spells are rather land-based, this school, the opposite, is space-themed; the Chaos of space.
To all who say it won't work, that people who've alredy started will become upset because they couldn't choose it as a primary school, why not just take it on as a secondary or tertiary school? I like my idea!.... Sorry, I babble to much.

Life, the Universe and Everything!................I can't give it away!

Um well if the school was on Grizzleheim then how would you get to the school? :?

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Bayleef1006 wrote:
aviator2 wrote:

School of Chaos:
Opposes- Balance
Teacher- A wanderer who appears randomly on different planets of the Spiral; the actual school could be on a world after Grizzleheim.
Spells: outer space (comets, aliens, gravity, etc.); while Balance spells are rather land-based, this school, the opposite, is space-themed; the Chaos of space.
To all who say it won't work, that people who've alredy started will become upset because they couldn't choose it as a primary school, why not just take it on as a secondary or tertiary school? I like my idea!.... Sorry, I babble to much.

Um well if the school was on Grizzleheim then how would you get to the school? :?
Please read more carefully. You encounter the teacher first in Ravenwood. He then randomly apears in the commons of other worlds, and his location would change, possibly weekly. The actual school where he can always be found would be on a world AFTER Grizzleheim. Sorry, I didn't say all that in my original post, but that was my idea.

I wonder why this is the only thread I post on? :?

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
aviator2 wrote:

School of Chaos:
Opposes- Balance

I very much like that idea, but if it opposite of balance then there would be even MORE traps, blades, etc. The spell sign[when you cast a a spell the wand makes a sign] would be what? Where would the school be in GH? And my last question is, what type of creatures of Chaos would there be? Other then those tiny questions, I am in LOVE with the idea of Chaos! :D

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
how about a force school wizards that use hand to hand spells like

ex:magma punch,ragnarock,elamentle kick

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
According to the Headmaster, the next magic we will learn is Astral magic.

Magic comes in triangles. In the game currently, there is the Outer Triangle of Fire, Ice and Storm. These feed into the Inner Triangle of Spirit (Life), Body (Death), and Mind (Myth). The elements altogether form Balance.
The Astral magics fall into the Astral Triangle of Sun, Moon, and Stars. These three combine to form the elements.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I like the idea of being able to join the wolf bears or crows at grizzleheim and then you could learn spells from them like bears have powerful spells wolfs have like dark and dangerous spells and crows have like spells that are cunning that like attack if your opponent attacks you. and you wouldnt need more training points and it wont be like any of the regular schools and only oppose each other like another triangle. :)

Explorer
May 10, 2009
There's the balance school in Krokotopia. There is also The Marleybone dog guy in Ravenwood. Just in case, the school of body. Then you can attack yourself! Wait I seen people do that before...

Survivor
May 10, 2009
this sounds great ok two things

what is there was a lava school kinda like fire but with weaker attack spells and stronger defence
or how about a dust school this could be the enemy of balance with spells that say to 40% of another players health so strong healing spells and strong defence and average attacking spells

any of these schoold would be great and how about you could learn one for free in grizlehiem (yes i no i spelled that wrong)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
There really should be a Space School.
The teacher could be someone from Celestia (the world after Grizzleheim)
The spells would be stuff like Black Holes, Supernovas, Aliens, U.F.O.s, Spaceships, Wormholes, ect.

I really like space and would like to be an Astronaut when I grow up.
As you can probably already tell.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
drewgon11 wrote:
there should be a school of time. then i could summon dinos and robots and warp time so i could go first in battles or stun people!
:(sorry but its wizard time so they might not use robots but hmmmm maybe lazer blsters!

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Survivor
May 31, 2009
goalie959 wrote:
i think that there should be a school of earth or psycic.

i mean earth would be a good defense and offensive spell

and psycic would be a great offensive spell

think about it!!!!

i am a level 40, life school rules!!!!

you know earth is life and myth is psycic

Survivor
May 31, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Tiny47 wrote:

Alchemy (Mechanical Magic but is fire based)

We already have in the game an ex-instructor from this school...Greta out on Firecat. She mentions it in her main-line quest conversations.

We see it again at several other points in the game...

alchemy is not fire base its putting 2 or more items togeter then you have a new one.:P

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Survivor
May 10, 2009
Magemaniac76 wrote:
I think that there should be a school of light. Sort of like death is darkness there should be a school of light that is deaths enemy. Not to say that life stinks and all that but i mean its kind of boring. All you do is conjure up unicorns and satyrs to heal yourself and others. Light would be the destroyer of darkness (death) and then life would be the healer.

sorry but just one point life is not weak at all. it is meant for high health and strong healing spells. i would say having a life mage in a group of four is a huge benifent. (A) because they can heal others unlike any other school, and they can summon minions that can heal with strayr 860 hp! plus they do not have weak spells i have a life wizard and i have hit 3800 with centaur so dont say the're weak

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Stormfur2 wrote:
I don't think there should be any new schools because the game is aready on line and if you made a new school were would it go? If there was an addition to Ravenwood there would have to be another teacher added, more spells and more quests! Why don't you think of the people who don't pay? The people who made wizard101 might have to put wizard city off line for a few days!!!!! Another reason is if there was air, water and earth added they would take some other schools jobs. Ok i have NO clue how you came up with time, time would be very weird because it would have to take place in marleybone. Who would want to wait that long any ways?

That is why the should never be more schools added
~Jacquline thunderblood

Your right but another school would be cool, then the game would be out of place. Each teacher has a place they came from.

Moolinda Wu: Mooshu
Cyrus Drake: Dragonspyre
Halston Balestrom:
Professor GreyRose:
Arthur WithersField: Marleybone
Malistaire Drake: (MAYBE Nightside Most likely not)
Dalia Falmea:

I dont know about the ones
But that leaves out Krokotopia, Is that all of them
Plz let me kno if i'm wrong!