Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2nd Chance Chests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Does anyone know how to work the second chance chests? I've defeated bosses and gone to the chests and nothing happened. It says to pay crowns but when and where? Do I have to pay somewhere before I go in?

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
wizardssword wrote:
Does anyone know how to work the second chance chests? I've defeated bosses and gone to the chests and nothing happened. It says to pay crowns but when and where? Do I have to pay somewhere before I go in?

When you go to the chest, it should say something like "press x to interact" when you press x there should be a use crowns or something button. So when you do that you use some of your crowns to get a second chance at the boss drop you wanted. The price also goes up each time, mostly it is by 50 so, 50-100-150 etc.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you interact with the chest (as you would with a non-playing character), a menu will pop up that will ask you if you want to put X crowns into the chest.

Be warned that the number of Crowns goes up with each successive use during the same time period.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
wizardssword wrote:

You pay the crowns to the chest. You can keep doing it until you get what you want. (Don't recommend it, waste of money.)

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
wizardssword wrote:

Here's a small list:

Nightshade
Malistaire
Krokopatra
Meowiarty
Jade Oni
Death Oni

Can't remember any others at the moment.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
wizardssword wrote:

Yes, you must pay crowns.