Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sun casting symbol

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 04, 2010
What just happened?

The scene as best as I can describe it:

My level 53 balance wizard had amplify, two balance blades and an elemental blade then selected a giant boosted spectral blast to attack with. When she cast the spell though, instead of the usual balance sign, I got what looked like a sun sign and then nothing happened. I don't think I fizzled because I didn't get a fizzle message or maybe I just had something happen that shouldn't have?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It sounds like you disconnected from the game. The broken link image looks something like a sun.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
colagada wrote:
It sounds like you disconnected from the game. The broken link image looks something like a sun.

I suppose that makes sense since I do have a slightly laggy wifi internet, but I had none of the symptoms of lag.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
When you loose connection there will be a circle towards the bottom of your screen with a link of chain in it and it will flash yellow/orangish-red, if you get re-connected it will be green and then it will disappear.

Even though you cast a spell the game will continue to go through the motions of it, but nothing will happen when it is your turn.

Another sign of lost connection is that you will no longer be able to see anything on your screen, the chat window, icons, ect. You will see yourself still standing there though, but you wont be able to do anything.

Also, if you close your game window, to try to get back into the game, your character will still be standing there. If you are in a fight, the mobs will still be hitting you. Only when you log back into the game will your character leave and then you'll be back right where you left off. (minus the pips you collected) If you were in a fight, you will still be in the circle to fight, unless someone defeated them while you logged back in.

Hope this helps!

Grace Emeraldcrafter - Legendary Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
But I had none of those symptoms.

Plus it just happened again, but this time with with a prism with my pyromancer in the survey camp. If it was just a broken image, shouldn't the prism still been there?