Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upgrade that spell!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I saw this in this months Producers letter: "Your Wizard will be able to “upgrade” one existing spell and will get something new."

So I have to ask. Let's assume we can upgrade one of our spells, and only one, to do whatever we want it to do yet still maintain it's core purpose, (meaning if a spell is an attack, it has to be an attack or if it is a heal or a charm or shield, it has to stay as it is but stronger or with some extra benefit not too different from its original state. You know! Upgrade!) what spell would you upgrade?

I would upgrade my lovely minotaur and here is how:

Right before the second hit, after he knocks off a shield, before the second hit takes place, a +35 myth trap is placed on the enemy! That would just be too cool.

50 attack to knock off shield followed by +35 myth trap then wham! Second hit 445.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
I saw this in this months Producers letter: "Your Wizard will be able to “upgrade” one existing spell and will get something new."

So I have to ask. Let's assume we can upgrade one of our spells, and only one, to do whatever we want it to do yet still maintain it's core purpose, (meaning if a spell is an attack, it has to be an attack or if it is a heal or a charm or shield, it has to stay as it is but stronger or with some extra benefit not too different from its original state. You know! Upgrade!) what spell would you upgrade?

I would upgrade my lovely minotaur and here is how:

Right before the second hit, after he knocks off a shield, before the second hit takes place, a +35 myth trap is placed on the enemy! That would just be too cool.

50 attack to knock off shield followed by +35 myth trap then wham! Second hit 445.

Good ol' Gargantuan would be my spell of choice! Insead of +225 added damage, add 450 damage!

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I would upgrade Heckhound and make it do some initial damage before the DOT was in place.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Hmm... Sounds a little bit like mutations. keep working on it though! Its a good idea!

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
Umm....

A. That would be so narley!

B. I` would upgrade my ever helpful unicorn spell from the oringinal to this...

When you you pick an enemy it charches him and give the 500 delt damage plus the original 375 health making it 875 to everyone.

First pick the card and and the enemy the unicorn slams into that ONE enemy and does 500 damage. then it adds the 500 damage to the original health (375) and gives everyone in the battle (that are wizards) 875 health.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
Hmm... Sounds a little bit like mutations. keep working on it though! Its a good idea!

I don't see any glimpse of mutations in these spells. Mutations are like conversions, morphing the schools.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I would have to upgrade my lvl 48 tree of life spell. Either upgrade the healing to 800 to each character, upgrade the shied to 600 damage absorbed, add stun shields, or give a +50% shield for each magic type.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
As a Necromancer,
I would really with they changed the skeletal dragon a bit more,
For me and many other say the same it should have been black and look like the Pyromancer's dragon, But instead hit Damage It would Be Health, for all enemies, ALL the rest of the schools in the Spiral HAVE AWESOME
Spells BUT the Necromancers has okay spells I would Like a big change to It Please.

Balance has Ra
Pyromancer have Efreet
Life has Forest Lord
Storm has Storm Lord and The water dragon
Myth has Medusa
Ice has hmm Not really sure
death has a skeletal dragon that looks like cow bones lol that is weak and doesnt do much.

Please please Change that spell

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
BlancelyBraveHeart wrote:
As a Necromancer,
I would really with they changed the skeletal dragon a bit more,
For me and many other say the same it should have been black and look like the Pyromancer's dragon, But instead hit Damage It would Be Health, for all enemies, ALL the rest of the schools in the Spiral HAVE AWESOME
Spells BUT the Necromancers has okay spells I would Like a big change to It Please.

Balance has Ra
Pyromancer have Efreet
Life has Forest Lord
Storm has Storm Lord and The water dragon
Myth has Medusa
Ice has hmm Not really sure
death has a skeletal dragon that looks like cow bones lol that is weak and doesnt do much.

Please please Change that spell

You think Skeletal Dragon is weak? Uh, it's the second-strongest spell in the game...

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I would upgrade Heckhound and make it do some initial damage before the DOT was in place.

OMG Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Wow that sounded real girly )

Defender
May 27, 2010
I would change Snow Angels Taunt to cast a Tower Shield on all friends and Caster, thats how I believe the spell should have been from the start! :D
so this is definitely what I am going with when this comes. :D