Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Crown Shop Amulets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
Anybody else frustrated by these? W101 took away treasure card trading to maintain the "unique features" of each school - but if you spend $20 you can BUY your way into another school?.......

I used to love PvP but since the release of the new amulets all my hard work fine-tuning my deck and logging hours of practice has gone to waste. PvP is virtually impossible without the amulets - I've dropped from Captain to Sergeant. Gotta love the message KI is giving here... You can always buy success, it just comes with a price.

Nice family values.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Agreed to a point, but they are a business and need to make a profit. $5 to $9.95 per month is low compared to other MMORPG's which offer the same basic product. They offer the equivalent of an item mall (Crowns items) to generate more income. This way they can target the low-budge and do-it-yourself market and the more serious (and affluent) gamers.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
i understand why you are mad and i agree but seriously that is not what they are teaching you they said. this, now you can turn powerpips into all pips . not realy but thats what it means whatever they realy said. ok the points is stop bothering people and play some other game ok mad go awa happy stay ty

Armiger
May 10, 2010
How exactly has the amulets been hard to adapt to? It is not like every character can cast every spell of another school, or have the power of that school!

As far as heals go, you don't have to have the life amulet to get awesome healing!

I wont comment anymore on this, because quite frankly, he was too brief to state any facts, just stated that he dislikes the amulets.

Well, some will like them and some wont, some can form new strategies and some can't! Which side will you be on?

Historian
May 01, 2010
vllbabe688 wrote:
Anybody else frustrated by these? W101 took away treasure card trading to maintain the "unique features" of each school - but if you spend $20 you can BUY your way into another school?.......

I used to love PvP but since the release of the new amulets all my hard work fine-tuning my deck and logging hours of practice has gone to waste. PvP is virtually impossible without the amulets - I've dropped from Captain to Sergeant. Gotta love the message KI is giving here... You can always buy success, it just comes with a price.

Nice family values.

i am fine with them, it introduces a new challenge to me, and as i always say (scratch that i never say this), win or lose, if it was hard, it was fun.

did you see another value in there? with patience and determination, you can overcome anything. it is possible to win without the amulets, and you will be able to get the amulets later, when wintertusk comes out. yea dont just look at the downside of things, sometimes you got to look deeper.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:
How exactly has the amulets been hard to adapt to? It is not like every character can cast every spell of another school, or have the power of that school!

As far as heals go, you don't have to have the life amulet to get awesome healing!

I wont comment anymore on this, because quite frankly, he was too brief to state any facts, just stated that he dislikes the amulets.

Well, some will like them and some wont, some can form new strategies and some can't! Which side will you be on?

I guess it's been hard to adapt to because we're so used to trying to predict each others' next move, and the existence of the new amulets throws almost every spell out there as a possible efficient spell. (I know whether you have the amulet or not you can still cast those spells... but when they're not an efficient use of pips it's unlikely that they'll get used - making it a little easier to predict your opponent's next move.)

Agreed on the life amulet - I get rad healing without it ;)

I guess the other thing that I find frustrating about them is not that they're for purchase with crowns (guess I needed to clarify) - I buy stuff with crowns pretty frequently - but how many crowns they cost. I calculated it out and it's like $15-20 worth... I work hard for my money - I work full-time and own my own business - so I find it extremely hard to justify spending the cost of an entire meal on one single item.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
vllbabe688 wrote:

I guess the other thing that I find frustrating about them is not that they're for purchase with crowns (guess I needed to clarify) - I buy stuff with crowns pretty frequently - but how many crowns they cost. I calculated it out and it's like $15-20 worth... I work hard for my money - I work full-time and own my own business - so I find it extremely hard to justify spending the cost of an entire meal on one single item.

Some people can't justify paying 6.95 or 9.95 dollars to play a video game every month, but subscribers do it. Some people can't justify paying 60 crowns for a one time use of a henchman. Some people can't justify paying 10.00 dollars to go to the movie theater when they can watch the movies in their own home. I personally can't justify paying 20 dollars for a shark mount, so I don't. At least with the amulets I know I may be able to obtain one if I put in the effort and time to fight for one in Wintertusk later on. If someone wants to pay the 20 dollars to get an amulet right here and right now, why not?

If you really want something, are you willing to pay for it?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Justification is not the issue here.

Those amulets are powerful, and can change the entire duel. For example, you can get great healing without the life amulet. Sure. Wait at least FOUR turns for a Satyr, or wear the amulet and Satyr in just TWO.

What is so irritating about this 20 dollar pricetag is that you have to pay 20 dollars for such a powerful, game-changing item. It is like paying a subscription for 9.95, but having to pay a fee of 20 dollars to unlock spells greater than 4 pips.