Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's with the crafting wands?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
This is a bit random, but why craft a level 55 wand to begin with? It's really a wast of reagents if you ask me. They don't give any better stats, the only difference is that it's attacks hit ten damage LESS than a normal buy-or-win wand....? Shouldn't something you craft be a little BETTER? :?
Thanks,
-Taryn

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
This is a bit random, but why craft a level 55 wand to begin with? It's really a wast of reagents if you ask me. They don't give any better stats, the only difference is that it's attacks hit ten damage LESS than a normal buy-or-win wand....? Shouldn't something you craft be a little BETTER? :?
Thanks,
-Taryn

Some people would craft the wand for looks

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Before Celestia was released, it was on test realm. During the test realm phase, Crafted wands have the exact same stats as they do now, except they gave +2 Power Pips! So, you started with 3 Power Pips instead of only 2! So, they were much more powerful and better than any other wand, bought or dropped by bosses.

However, during the test realm, it was deemed that these wands were way too powerful and that it made PvP extremely unfair, since on the 2nd round, everyone could cast their level 7 multi-attack spell!

So, in light of these events, the wands were changed to +1 power pip! The problem here is, that no other boost was given in exchange. They did not give critical block, or resists, or any other type boost, therefore they are rendered useless!

KI has lacked any time of response to this as it has been posted before! So I would no hold my breath that anything ever will be done about the wands!

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I wholly agree, I was initially excited about the CL wands for crafting when I realized they were significantly weaker than the ones you can get for gold and was sorely disappointed. Hopefully with Wintertusk's arrival we crafters will get some truly epic items to craft. Since I've already crafted GH and CL houses I'm bored with crafting.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
sunsword44 wrote:
This is a bit random, but why craft a level 55 wand to begin with? It's really a wast of reagents if you ask me. They don't give any better stats, the only difference is that it's attacks hit ten damage LESS than a normal buy-or-win wand....? Shouldn't something you craft be a little BETTER? :? Thanks, -Taryn
i can only assume the idea for them was created before people started getting better ones from drops and started selling loads of them to the bazaar. i've also noticed that the rings and athames that you can craft are really sub par as well. or i'm looking in the wrong place for them. maybe better crafting recipes for these things will come with wintertusk, but only time will tell.
-elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Before Celestia was released, it was on test realm. During the test realm phase, Crafted wands have the exact same stats as they do now, except they gave +2 Power Pips! So, you started with 3 Power Pips instead of only 2! So, they were much more powerful and better than any other wand, bought or dropped by bosses.

However, during the test realm, it was deemed that these wands were way too powerful and that it made PvP extremely unfair, since on the 2nd round, everyone could cast their level 7 multi-attack spell!

So, in light of these events, the wands were changed to +1 power pip! The problem here is, that no other boost was given in exchange. They did not give critical block, or resists, or any other type boost, therefore they are rendered useless!

KI has lacked any time of response to this as it has been posted before! So I would no hold my breath that anything ever will be done about the wands!

Okay thanks, makes more sense now. Though i have to admit, plus 2 power pips would be awesome, lol.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
sunsword44 wrote:

Okay thanks, makes more sense now. Though i have to admit, plus 2 power pips would be awesome, lol.

Specially when you start fighting bosses in celestia that can cast storm lord and orthrus round one before we even have a chance to shield.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
random1self wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:

Specially when you start fighting bosses in celestia that can cast storm lord and orthrus round one before we even have a chance to shield.

Haha exactly, I could do Hydra first round this way and Ra the second.
In short it's pretty cool.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2009
I guess my question would be why can't the pve people use the additional power pip wands and have them disabled for pvp? They can do it for potions and elixrs why not wands? That would be very helpful for us wizards in cl, and from what i've seen in the test realm, wt as well.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
grim68 wrote:
I guess my question would be why can't the pve people use the additional power pip wands and have them disabled for pvp? They can do it for potions and elixrs why not wands? That would be very helpful for us wizards in cl, and from what i've seen in the test realm, wt as well.

Excellent suggestion!!! simply make the wand "no pvp" that would keep everyone more balanced in pvp like was deemed, but give the pve player the wand they so need and deserve.
Of course, there will still be the ppl who cry they want to use it to pvp, but we can send them to the pvp experts that made it that way

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Well, with release of wintertusk crafted wands were turned into weaker versions of the life force blade but with only 20 boost to critical and critical resist instead of 30. They come in all flavors too instead of just life.

You just have to find a way to get school only treasure cards to get your school opposite wand.